HM will always be 5 years away

HM is and will always be 5 years away :frowning:

It was 5 years away 5 years ago and it will still be 5 years away 5 years later

I came this site for hoping (i guess dreaming
 not hoping) for cure for baldness; however, if this is comparable with products like rogaine & propecia, o man
 I guess I gotta wake up.

I willing to and gladly pay $50k for cure(the theoretical HM), but i dont wanna spend $5k for rogaine-like-product

» HM is and will always be 5 years away :frowning:

Yeah- I’m beginning to think that it will always be 5 yrs away
for our generation. But HM will be here. The technology is inevitable- but unfortunately the next generation will reap all the benefit.:frowning:

I’d be the first to agree that we shouldn’t believe ANY timetable when they’re predicting anything more than a year away.

But even so, it seems to be getting clearer & clearer that the ICX-TRC effort probably is the real thing at last. None of the earlier predictions have ever been half this close to commercialization. And the major clinical trials indicate that they’re spending millions and millions on the idea that they’re close. Form a development point of view, there’s no gain from doing research in the form of official clinical trials if you don’t really think you’re well within range of the commercial market.

There are still a lot of (valid) concerns about the quality of HM that ICX is gonna offer. But I think the uncertainties about whether this is really gonna happen are over for the most part.

It looks like ICX is unquestionably gonna sell SOMETHING, well within the next decade or less, that produces at least a few more terminal hairs than the patient had when he walked in the door.

I’ve always been very dubious/skeptical about HM’s commercial prospects in the past, but even I believe this much is true now.

Hey guys,

Stop moping around, lol! Read my earlier post about predicted timelines for hair multiplication. Nearly everyone said back in 2005 that there’d be a 5-10 timeline for 1st round hair multiplication from either Aderans or Intercytex. Now we’re 2.5 years into that timeline and people are complaining that all is lost? That only the “next generation” will have hair multiplication? Some of you guys seem downright suicidal and I doubt you’re as bald as I am!

Let’s recap
 does anyone remember that Aderans is in Phase I right now? That they have a website specifically for solicting people for their trials? That they’ll be reporting to the entire Aderans company on creating a “timeframe for commercialization” by 2009? That they have a new patent on HM? That they are working on a promising two-cell technique for HM, different from Intercytex’s? And does anyone remember Follica? That they are now gathering start-up funds to do initial tests in the next year? That they have a wealth of research and undeniably the most esteemed hair experts in the world on board (Cotsarelis et al)?

And now let’s revisit Intercytex. In the latest subgroup 5 people have substanital increased hair counts after ONLY 6-12 weeks. And they are sticking with their original plan of having a “rolling” trial to figure out maximum efficacy for their product. They reported making “good” progress on advancing their manufacturing capabilities, and we found out that they will culture all the cells in their labs – thus making their technology accessible to everyone from HT docs to dumb-a** derms. And they said they’d continue either Phase II or go on to Phase III based on the latest round of results. So they aren’t giving up. Oh, and not to mention that we know that Phase III could very well mean commercialization – thus availability – in the UK.

C’mon guys, quit complaining. HM is coming – not next year – but it is indeed coming out.

And HM is NOT rogaine. I almost think I started that mess by saying that ICX-TRC would compete with rogaine and propecia, but that doesn’t mean they are the same thing. ICX-TRC should generate new hairs that are theoretically impervious to DHT. Rogaine cannot and never will promise that.

Best,
BB

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m finished with Finasteride & Minox as soon as it’s guaranteed that HM is effective and commercially sold.

I would GLADLY pay up for more rounds of HM instead. Daily minox is a pain in the butt. And we all know why the Finasteride is going into the trash as soon as there’s some other option.

» » HM is and will always be 5 years away :frowning:

That is bullshiite. MPB will be cured within 10yrs if not HM then GT. HM is going to go to commercialization and then rapidly evolve into something amazing that all bald men will seek out! I don’t doubt that it could be 5 yrs 'till we see a product/procedure available but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And for all you that think “oh HM will only be as good as minox” you are being defeatists. HM will be a procedure where you can get a full head of hair and probably in less than 5 procedures, hopefully 1. We will have to settle for the 1st generation HM that will probably be similar to a GOOD minox responder for the average HM patient and the next generation HM will be like 2 GOOD minox responders put together for the average HM patient! It is coming and you guys are being pissy-pots for the sake of feeling sorry for yourselves.

Where’s Alec ?? Alec 
? Oh right, we’re not on saturday night yet :slight_smile:

i guess we’ll be seeing these type of threads for the next 5 years too. :expressionless:

wat about hair direction? even if HM works, hair direction cannot be controlled
so that makes it pretty much useless even if it regrew a full head of hair, with hairs pointing in every direction, you would look like a freak
better to be bald

pls explain how HM with uncontrolled hair direction can ever be used to regrow the crown, with its whirl pattern?

:cool: Direction is not a problem.:cool:

:cool: Let me put it in other words
 Direction wont be a problem for me and as i understand for none :cool:

Oh :surprised: , and another thing

By 2010 ICX-TRC will be European available.

» :cool: Direction is not a problem.:cool:
»
» :cool: Let me put it in other words
 Direction wont be a problem for me
» and as i understand for none :cool:
»
» Oh :surprised: , and another thing

»
» By 2010 ICX-TRC will be European available.

oh ok you guys dont mind the HM hair going in 100 different directions, including straight out

gotcha

in other words you dont want natural looking hair, you just want a clump of misdirected freaky hair

gotcha

» It was 5 years away 5 years ago and it will still be 5 years away 5 years
» later

»
» I came this site for hoping (i guess dreaming
 not hoping) for cure for
» baldness; however, if this is comparable with products like rogaine &
» propecia, o man
 I guess I gotta wake up.
»
» I willing to and gladly pay $50k for cure(the theoretical HM), but i dont
» wanna spend $5k for rogaine-like-product