HM may still be 5 years away

OI NEWS … I WOULD ADORE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HE HEARD OR HE READ TO SAY OF THE DR. Ken Washenik said that he you donate not expect people you be able you grow full head of to hair with the first generation of HM.
Eu I read everything that leave on hm and intercytex and idea of work of the DR. Kemp never in said this to them? tanks…:frowning:

Actually, my “inside” sources tell me that it will be 4.87*(Pi)^3 years (measured in nanoseconds, of course) before HM will be available. It will first become available in the central highlands of Vietnam and only those sorry saps previously treated for anal fissures will be accepted for treatment. My sources are “in the know”:wink:

???

» OI NEWS … I WOULD ADORE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HE HEARD OR HE READ TO SAY
» OF THE DR. Ken Washenik said that he you donate not expect people you be
» able you grow full head of to hair with the first generation of HM.
» Eu I read everything that leave on hm and intercytex and idea of work of
» the DR. Kemp never in said this to them? tanks…:frowning:

Hey Latino…I think I do remember them saying that the first generation of HM will not be as good as second generation…and third will be better than second…and so on…I am sure as time goes on they will make improvements on HM, but that doesnt mean that first generation wont be able to give you a full head of hair…I dont think anybody knows that right now…In my opinion I dont see why it wouldnt be able…as they perfect it they may be able to control direction better ??? Or maybe they will get a better yield with each procedure ??? BUT I do believe (this is just my opinion) that first generation HM will be able to give you a full head of hair…you may just have to go back for a couple more “passes” with first generation than you will as they perfect it

There was a lengthy podcast with Dr. Ken Washenik on the web. (It’s probably still out there somewhere.) Washenik was asked whether people would be able to grow a full head of hair with the first generation of HM, and he emphatically said “no”. He urged people who expect a full head of hair as soon as HM comes out to have a “reality check”. He did, however, say that “one day” it WILL be possible. (What he meant by “one day” is anybody’s guess.)

And the reason for not being able to generate a full head of hair is ??

» And the reason for not being able to generate a full head of hair is ??

He said that the multiplication factor will be limited in the first generation of HM.

» » And the reason for not being able to generate a full head of hair is ??
»
» He said that the multiplication factor will be limited in the first
» generation of HM.

But if I remember, they also said that the biopsy necessary would only be 120 follicles. This is why I believe you could get a full head of hair with first generation…you could replace the donor (biopsy) area with the multiplied hair…then go back and have another bioposy from another location to increase density, ect…

Don’t forget Bosley doesn’t want to kill the transplant business overnight. They want to slowly introduce HM until all the clinics can handle the protocol. It serves their purpose telling people that HM will not generate a full head of hair.

This is an excellent point.

» This is an excellent point.

Ive heard alot of what you have said about Bosley and the excuses for multiple small sessions from that bunch in the past. There is a surgical fee paid before graft number is taken in consideration. They make money just from a booking fee to set a surgery time. That bunch really has done alot of men horribly wrong. Its kind of a shame they will probably hit a gold mine with HM. Ive privately thought they will probably look for ways to milk it for all its worth since the same guys probably still run the show at Bosley stateside. Here is to hoping one can get HM through a private doctor here or fly to Europe.

I certainly hope that you are right about private doctors or clinics in Europe.

No. It’s not 5 years away. Use your common sense.

i believe every word you say, but maybe that’s why it would be a good idea to get HM for a large crown area and go to somebody like Cole, Dr A or whoever in order to get a regular FUE for the hairline areas.

Exactly. Aderans has to tone down any optimism on the real benefits of the first generation of HM. In my opinion, the first generation of HM will need to be further refined, but it’ll be better than Washenik is trying to suggest at this point in time and definitely better than any HT currently available. Think about it…if he started saying that there will be a procedure in the next 3-5 that would give better coverage than any existing procedure, specifically HT, how many people who are considering doing an HT now would chose to wait? My guess would be a significant number…at least enough to take a good chunk out of Bosley’s sales. On top of that, they wouldn’t want to rock the boat and get heat from the rest of the HT community.

They have to tone down the optimism as much as possible in the meantime…until HM gets much closer to reality.
:slight_smile:

» Don’t forget Bosley doesn’t want to kill the transplant business overnight.
» They want to slowly introduce HM until all the clinics can handle the
» protocol. It serves their purpose telling people that HM will not generate
» a full head of hair.

You’re right, MT… if you look at Aderans Research Institute’s web page it hasn’t been upated in about 2 years. They’ve also been going through Phase I trials in silence. What gives? Of course – hair transplants have got to continue, so let’s just pretend these developments aren’t happening for a while… who in their right mind would get a strip surgery if HM was going to be out in 3-5 years? (Or even 5-7 years for that matter!)

» Exactly. Aderans has to tone down any optimism on the real benefits of the
» first generation of HM. In my opinion, the first generation of HM will
» need to be further refined, but it’ll be better than Washenik is trying to
» suggest at this point in time and definitely better than any HT currently
» available. Think about it…if he started saying that there will be a
» procedure in the next 3-5 that would give better coverage than any
» existing procedure, specifically HT, how many people who are considering
» doing an HT now would chose to wait? My guess would be a significant
» number…at least enough to take a good chunk out of Bosley’s sales. On
» top of that, they wouldn’t want to rock the boat and get heat from the
» rest of the HT community.
»
» They have to tone down the optimism as much as possible in the
» meantime…until HM gets much closer to reality.
» :slight_smile:
»
»
»
» » Don’t forget Bosley doesn’t want to kill the transplant business
» overnight.
» » They want to slowly introduce HM until all the clinics can handle the
» » protocol. It serves their purpose telling people that HM will not
» generate
» » a full head of hair.

Jtelecom you are right on.

I wish speculation could regrow our hair.

<>

The problem is that there is no one to challenge Bosley. There is no competition. Therapy is right, they will have a monopoly on the u.s market.