Here\'s what they could do with ACELL

they could cut out a strip of skin that is growing hair well. They could put that strip where you are bald. Then they could use ACELL to seal the area where they took the hair-growing skin and it would grow back new hair-growing skin which you could later tansplant again and again and again into the balding areas and you would end up with a full head of hair.

» they could cut out a strip of skin that is growing hair well. They could
» put that strip where you are bald. Then they could use ACELL to seal the
» area where they took the hair-growing skin and it would grow back new
» hair-growing skin which you could later tansplant again and again and again
» into the balding areas and you would end up with a full head of hair.

haha… brilliant! :smiley: specially in those years where u have 3 strips of hair on yur head waiting for your scar to heal :slight_smile:

» they could cut out a strip of skin that is growing hair well. They could
» put that strip where you are bald. Then they could use ACELL to seal the
» area where they took the hair-growing skin and it would grow back new
» hair-growing skin which you could later tansplant again and again and again
» into the balding areas and you would end up with a full head of hair.

That’s assuming ACell has a 100% success rate in healing excisions so that the hair regrows there. I think it really doesn’t – I think this is being WAY overhyped by some of the doctors and a lot of over-eager people here.

Do I think it can help some skin at the wound site regrow with new hair? Probably. But I think this effect is probably not as spectacular as many people think, or want to imagine.

Actually, I’m much more excited about the potential of plucking/autocloning in conjunction with ACell. I think that if it works in principle (and this has to be objectively tested using the SCIENTIFIC method, on very bald scalps using various control groups), then it has the potential of being a revolutionary treatment.

Plucking/autocloning also has the advantage of – like FT and FUE – of leaving virtually no scars.

If it could do all that, it would be tremendous. I’m skeptical because it’s Dr. Hitzig. I want to see an A-Cell result from a highly respected doctor, where new hair grows in the strip scar.

» If it could do all that, it would be tremendous. I’m skeptical because
» it’s Dr. Hitzig. I want to see an A-Cell result from a highly respected doctor,
» where new hair grows in the strip scar.

Seems we don’t have to wait a long time …

I hope they have the proper know-how for the usage of ACell,
and hopefully they don’t give up too early in case it fails somehow, sometimes … :expressionless:

I still don’t get it. Why do they have to use plucked beard hair in lieu of scalp hair?? Is it because of the degree of difficulty or what? On some maybe beard hair will blend well on the top but I still think its a total crap shoot.

» I still don’t get it. Why do they have to use plucked beard hair in lieu of
» scalp hair?? Is it because of the degree of difficulty or what? On some
» maybe beard hair will blend well on the top but I still think its a total
» crap shoot.

If i understood correctly… i recall Dr Hitzig stating in one of the videos that after initial attempts of transplanting beard hairs, he switched to scalp hairs which worked even better than beard hairs…