Help me find a new morning topical

Or help me choose one of the below. Please :flower:

The reason I’m looking for something “new” is I need something that isn’t going to show AT ALL and will leave my hair looking decent. I’ll be using the Elsom products in the evenings.

Stymulactine 21

I did use that company’s “Liposomal hair energizer” or whatever it was called. Loved the way it left my hair as well as my scalp- couldn’t see it etc. I guess they’ve replaced that product with this one.

Phytoaxil or one of their newer products …Phytoaxil may have been replaced as well…although it’s still available I see.

Actyva …like the ingreds list for these. Company page is here …which isn’t working at the moment. I cannot find a place to purchase the stuff at though. I did email some salons…one had a couple left but they haven’t gotten back to me on what exactly the couple are.

Alterna Life Restore …used to use their product as well- loved it but not all the chemical-sounding ingredients.

There are others…but will have to clean out my favs first one of these days.

And no…I have no desire to use Minoxidil or even Spectral RS.

» Or help me choose one of the below. Please :flower:
»
» The reason I’m looking for something “new” is I need something that isn’t
» going to show AT ALL and will leave my hair looking decent. I’ll be using
» the Elsom products in the evenings.
»
» Stymulactine 21
»

»
» I did use that company’s “Liposomal hair energizer” or whatever it was
» called. Loved the way it left my hair as well as my scalp- couldn’t see it
» etc. I guess they’ve replaced that product with this one.
»
» Phytoaxil
» or
» one
» of their newer products
…Phytoaxil may have been replaced as
» well…although it’s still available I see.
»
»
» Actyva …like the
» ingreds list for these. Company page is
» here …which
» isn’t working at the moment. I cannot find a place to purchase the stuff
» at though. I did email some salons…one had a couple left but they haven’t
» gotten back to me on what exactly the couple are.
»
» Alterna Life Restore …used to use their
» product as well- loved it but not all the chemical-sounding ingredients.
»
»
» There are others…but will have to clean out my favs first one of these
» days.
»
» And no…I have no desire to use Minoxidil or even Spectral RS.

Do you think any of these products work? I looked at all of them, but they don’t tell what the ingredients are.

»
»
» Do you think any of these products work? I looked at all of them, but they
» don’t tell what the ingredients are.

They all have the potential to work/help. The main ingredients can be found on their websites or by searching for them elsewhere. For example…Phytoaxil contains procyanidins etc…the Actyva P Factor:“Contains a calibrated combination of active ingredients: theophylline extends the Anagen phase and provides an antioxidant and toning effect in the hair and on the scalp; copper-peptide repairs the skin tissues, promoting the formation of collagen and hair growth; azelaic acid, zinc sulfate and vitamin B6 revitalise the scalp, improving micro-circulation and oxygenating and nourishing hair from the root.”

“Takes advantage of the synergic action of: saw palmetto, a natural compound rich in phytosterols that inhibits the action of enzyme 5-alpha reductase; laminaria SP (dried kelp), copper pidolates and zinc that normalise sebum secretion; and procyanidine extracts from grape seeds and glycoprotein, which stimulate growth at the cellular level of the epithelial cells of the hair.”

The last one there I like because of the copper peptides and laminaria…here’s the bit on laminaria again: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/ics/2004/00000026/00000004/art00006

You must be rich. That Phytoaxil cost $85 !!! It sounds like just a high end salon haircare product, it’s not even tested for treating hair loss. Why

Alterna ingreds…notice all the chems among the goodies: Aqua, polyquaternium-55, hydroxyethylcellulose, acetamidopropyl trimonium chloride, hydrolyzed wheat protein/PVP crosspolymer, acetamide MEA, dimethicone copolyol, creatine, cysteine, HCI, panthenol, melanin, wheat amino acids, oryza sativa (rice) amino acids, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, boswellia carterii extract, commiphora myrrha extract, nymphaea caerulea flower extract, cinnamomum zeylanicum bark extract, wasabia japonica (wasabi) extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, saccharomyces (lysate, copper, zinc) ferment, superoxide dismutase, lactoferrin, retinyl palmitate polypeptide, phospholipids, corn oligosaccharides, copper oxidase, acetyl methionine, acetyl serine, amino acyl transferase, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, bromelain, papain, stearoyl-CoA-desaturase, polyquaternium-10, polyperfluroethoxymethoxy difluoroethyl PEG phosphate, propylene glycol, xanthan gum, magnesium sulfate, benzophenone-4, aminomethyl propanol, tetrasodium EDTA, carmel, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

» You must be rich. That Phytoaxil cost $85 !!! It sounds like just a high
» end salon haircare product, it’s not even tested for treating hair loss.
» Why

Actually they did “test” it…I was sent the results years ago. Not a major study but at least they did something. I doubt I still have that…may be able to find it here at Hairsite in the archives.

It’s not $85 everywhere… http://www.whatshebuys.com/phy-pn-111.html also see ebay :wink:

i like that caviar stuff, I have no idea what it does but the fancy packagin and flashy website looks good :slight_smile: i hope what’s inside as as good as whats on the outside.

I think that the Phytoaxil looks the best. Are you leaning towards any in particular and is the addition of a new morning topical just to change things up or are you looking to enhance your regimen, or both?

» I think that the Phytoaxil looks the best. Are you leaning towards any in
» particular and is the addition of a new morning topical just to change
» things up or are you looking to enhance your regimen, or both?

Mainly just to be able to use something more cosmetically appealing…for daytime use.

I’m leaning towards Stymulactine 21 just because of how much I liked their previous product.

I’m surprised Nioxin or Dr. P’s product etc haven’t been brought up.

Still leaning heavily towards Stymulactine 21. I noticed their shampoo of the same name uses phospholipids(think liposomes). The other products…most of the ingreds can be found in something else I use. So I might as well introduce something new.

» I’m surprised Nioxin or Dr. P’s product etc haven’t been brought up.
»
» Still leaning heavily towards Stymulactine 21. I noticed their shampoo of
» the same name uses phospholipids(think liposomes). The other
» products…most of the ingreds can be found in something else I use. So I
» might as well introduce something new.

What topical have you decided on?
What are the active ingredients in the Phtoaxil spray?

Im looking into a TOPICAL myself.

Regards
Pete

Slick your hair back with large amounts of emu oil.

» » I’m surprised Nioxin or Dr. P’s product etc haven’t been brought up.
» »
» » Still leaning heavily towards Stymulactine 21. I noticed their shampoo
» of
» » the same name uses phospholipids(think liposomes). The other
» » products…most of the ingreds can be found in something else I use. So
» I
» » might as well introduce something new.
»
»
» What topical have you decided on?
» What are the active ingredients in the Phtoaxil spray?
»
» Im looking into a TOPICAL myself.
»
»
» Regards
» Pete

Still deciding.

Ingredients and description can be seen here: Walgreens: Pharmacy, Health & Wellness, Photo & More for You

Notice ebay carries it…and if you’re lucky a place will have it on sale or “going out of business” or discontinuing the line…etc- cheaper than ebay.

blueshard…no bird oil for me :stuck_out_tongue:

» » » I’m surprised Nioxin or Dr. P’s product etc haven’t been brought up.
» » »
» » » Still leaning heavily towards Stymulactine 21. I noticed their
» shampoo
» » of
» » » the same name uses phospholipids(think liposomes). The other
» » » products…most of the ingreds can be found in something else I use.
» So
» » I
» » » might as well introduce something new.
» »
» »
» » What topical have you decided on?
» » What are the active ingredients in the Phtoaxil spray?
» »
» » Im looking into a TOPICAL myself.
» »
» »
» » Regards
» » Pete
»
» Still deciding.
»
» Ingredients and description can be seen here:
» Walgreens: Pharmacy, Health & Wellness, Photo & More for You
»
»
» Notice ebay carries it…and if you’re lucky a place will have it on sale
» or “going out of business” or discontinuing the line…etc- cheaper than
» ebay.
»
»
» blueshard…no bird oil for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Water/Aqua, Alcohol Denat (Botanical Origin), Solanum Tuberosum (Potato) Extract (Botanical Origin), Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Fragrance/Parfum, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil (Ylang Ylang) (Botanical Origin), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Botanical Origin), Lentinus Edodes Extract (Botanical Origin), Acetyl Pentapeptide 1, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract (Botanical Origin), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parabens (Methyl, Butyl, Ethyl, Propyl) (Preservative)

PHYTOAXIL® combines 2 patented botanical active principles to act on both hair and scalp.

1. They mentioned 2 active ingredients any idea what these are?

2. Also I was hoping to see something in the formulation that boosted bloodflow locally?

Regards
Pete

»
»
» Water/Aqua, Alcohol Denat (Botanical Origin), Solanum Tuberosum (Potato)
» Extract (Botanical Origin), Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Fragrance/Parfum,
» Cananga Odorata Flower Oil (Ylang Ylang) (Botanical Origin), Vitis
» Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Botanical Origin), Lentinus Edodes Extract
» (Botanical Origin), Acetyl Pentapeptide 1, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract
» (Botanical Origin), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parabens (Methyl, Butyl,
» Ethyl, Propyl) (Preservative)
»
» PHYTOAXIL® combines 2 patented botanical active principles to act on both
» hair and scalp.
»
»
»
» 1) They mentioned 2 active ingredients any idea what these are?

Solanum glycoproteins and Phytoaxil…which I’m thinking may be Methylsilanol Mannuronate: Derived from sea algae extract, provides long lasting moisturization, fights free radicals, helps combat the deterioratin of collagen and elastin fibers, giving it skin firming properties(that’s from ArtisanNaturals.com is for sale | HugeDomains ) Now I’m wondering if the silanol in that name is what the J.F. Lazartigue product uses…HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

»
»
» 2) Also I was hoping to see something in the formulation that boosted
» bloodflow locally?
»
»

I’m not sure…one would have to search each ingredient I guess. How about a topical formulation of Padma Basic? :smiley:

» »
» »
» » Water/Aqua, Alcohol Denat (Botanical Origin), Solanum Tuberosum
» (Potato)
» » Extract (Botanical Origin), Methylsilanol Mannuronate,
» Fragrance/Parfum,
» » Cananga Odorata Flower Oil (Ylang Ylang) (Botanical Origin), Vitis
» » Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Botanical Origin), Lentinus Edodes
» Extract
» » (Botanical Origin), Acetyl Pentapeptide 1, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit
» Extract
» » (Botanical Origin), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parabens (Methyl,
» Butyl,
» » Ethyl, Propyl) (Preservative)
» »
» » PHYTOAXIL® combines 2 patented botanical active principles to act on
» both
» » hair and scalp.
» »
» »
» »
» » 1) They mentioned 2 active ingredients any idea what these are?
»
»
» Solanum glycoproteins and Phytoaxil…which I’m thinking may be
» Methylsilanol Mannuronate: Derived from sea algae extract, provides long
» lasting moisturization, fights free radicals, helps combat the
» deterioratin of collagen and elastin fibers, giving it skin firming
» properties(that’s from ArtisanNaturals.com is for sale | HugeDomains )
» Now I’m wondering if the silanol in that name is what the J.F. Lazartigue
» product uses…HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
»
»
» »
» »
» » 2) Also I was hoping to see something in the formulation that boosted
» » bloodflow locally?
» »
» »
»
» I’m not sure…one would have to search each ingredient I guess. How about
» a topical formulation of Padma Basic? :smiley:

Jacob,

What do you know about silanol and its hair growth properties / mode of action?

Regards
Pete

»
»
»
» Jacob,
»
» What do you know about silanol and its hair growth properties / mode of
» action?
»
»
» Regards
» Pete

Not much…just what I’ve found below.

From a patent: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6001378-description.html

"Furthermore, the French patent FR-2,645,863 described silicon compounds in the form of molecular complexes of a silanol which are prepared by the reaction of an alkaline salt or ammonium salt of a silanol with an acid in the presence of a zeolite. These silanol complexes may, inter alia, be used for improving the re-growth of hair.

It is this type of complex which is used for the preparation of the product sold under the commercial trade name M 44 by Laboratoires CARILENE.

Such a product for stopping hair loss acts, due to the presence of organic silicon, as:

a tonic for the vascular walls, which leads to the improvement of the papillary vascularization,

a regulator of cell metabolism which favours the anagenic phase of the pilary cycle,

a stimulant of the synthesis of collagen and of elastin which enables the restructuration of the pilary stem,

a sebo-regulator, which leads to the decrease in the excess of sebum.

Pursuing his research with the view to improving the performances of the products for treating alopecia, the inventor of the present invention has noticed that combinations of peroxidised lipids and organic silicon derivatives, in particular silanol derivatives led to a considerable increase in the activities of the two products, enabling perfectly unexpected performances in the treatment of alopecia, in particular alopecia of the androgenetic type.

These combinations do in fact allow obtaining results at least equivalent to those obtained with minoxidil as well as preventing the drawbacks of the latter product, namely the lack of remanance of the observed effect once the treatment is stopped. Furthermore, another non-negligible advantage of these combinations with the respect to minoxidil is that they cause no increase in seborrhoea during treatment and necessitate only one application per day and not two.

A randomised controlled study of the effectiveness of these combinations has enabled demonstrating, without ambiguity, the effectiveness of these combinations. The effectiveness of these combinations was compared to that of minoxidil, the only current reference product in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. The experimental method for making this comparison was that of phototrichograms, the only method recognised today as being perfectly reliable. The protocol and the results of this study are given in the examples of the present text.

Hence, according to a first aspect, the invention relates, as novel industrial product, to combinations of the two types of chemical products, namely peroxidised oils and organic silicon compounds, in particular silanol derivatives."

From another patent(or maybe from the same company as the other): Preparation for topical use with the function of combating hair loss - Guglielmo, Manuela

"[0028] Its purpose is to limit hardening of the tissues encouraging elasticisation of the follicle walls. In this way follicles are helped to maintain optimum physiological conditions for holding the hairs which they contain in their seats.

[0029] The cell-stimulating action of the complex of amino acids with silanol has been tested on human fibroblast cultures. The increase in cell growth was 46% when that active ingredient was present in the culture medium.
."

Here’s something else that seems to conain silanol: http://www.ar-pol.com/images/porost.pdf (search for it in there)

Silanols are also mentioned here: http://media.thecosmeticsite.com/documents/ATC_2005+Leonardi.pdf