Hello everyone!

Hello there,
I’m 27 and I’m Italian, I have been living in the UK for four years and you guessed it! I’m bald! I have been lurking around this blog for quite sometime but never posted. However I have been following the HM and HT progress very closely. I have got a question for you. I noticed that the main problem with HT, especially FUE is the scarce number of hair that can be transplanted therefore coverage is limited. This means that several procedures are necessary to achieve satisfactory results. I watched the Pierluigi Santi video on you tube and I found it very interesting indeed. Assuming that Santi really can make two hair out of one does this mean that the potential coverage will double? Santi claims that he managed to get 15 new hair follicles out of a single hair!!!. If this is true one FUE procedure should be more than enough to create a full head of hair.
I really hope this new discovery will put an end to our problems. I have losing hair since I was 17 and my life has been severely affected by this problem. As Marco said in his post I think that baldness is not a HUGE problem if you have a big round head shape. Unfortunately this not my case. As Marco pointed out if you have a thin head, hair are of paramount importance.

I tried most topical remedies but they didn’t work. I also tried hair replacement with Farrel but I was hugely disappointed.

Well that’s it for now. I’m glad there are so many knowledgeable people in this forum and I thank you all for reading this post.

Ciao a tutti

» Hello there,
» I’m 27 and I’m Italian, I have been living in the UK for four years and
» you guessed it! I’m bald! I have been lurking around this blog for quite
» sometime but never posted. However I have been following the HM and HT
» progress very closely. I have got a question for you. I noticed that the
» main problem with HT, especially FUE is the scarce number of hair that can
» be transplanted therefore coverage is limited. This means that several
» procedures are necessary to achieve satisfactory results. I watched the
» Pierluigi Santi video on you tube and I found it very interesting indeed.
» Assuming that Santi really can make two hair out of one does this mean
» that the potential coverage will double? Santi claims that he managed to
» get 15 new hair follicles out of a single hair!!!. If this is true one
» FUE procedure should be more than enough to create a full head of hair.
» I really hope this new discovery will put an end to our problems. I have
» losing hair since I was 17 and my life has been severely affected by this
» problem. As Marco said in his post I think that baldness is not a HUGE
» problem if you have a big round head shape. Unfortunately this not my
» case. As Marco pointed out if you have a thin head, hair are of paramount
» importance.
»
» I tried most topical remedies but they didn’t work. I also tried hair
» replacement with Farrel but I was hugely disappointed.
»
» Well that’s it for now. I’m glad there are so many knowledgeable people in
» this forum and I thank you all for reading this post.
»
» Ciao a tutti

Maybe you should call dr. Santi and ask him to showcase 1 single patient with FULL hair restauration.

Anyway, very interesting you found this stuff on youtube … there is are lots of hair transplant video online !

Bonjourno!

Welcome. I don’t think it is possible to create 15 follicles from a single hair. It is tough to lose your hair at a young age. You are correct that there are limitations to what you can do with the hairs that are available to be transplanted. Good to see you here. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I won’t beat around the bush and say, “I don’t think you can get 15 hairs from a single follicle.”

My statement is this: You CANNOT get 15 hairs from a single follicle. If this were the case, then hair transplants as we know it would change. Punch sizes would not matter anymore because that technology would be moot.

HM is on the horizon though. On the horizon is speculative between 3 to 10 years.

So what have you tried thus far? Are you on medications? Consulted with anyone?

Hello hairtech,
So far I tried propecia for two years and didn’t work. Minoxidil was a waste of money too. The Farrell hair systems I wore for a year was the biggest rip off ever. So my only hope is a good transplant or wait for Hm.

I agree with what you say and I too am very scheptical about Santi’s claims.
However that the video on youtube was extrapolated from a very respected national television program called ‘Quark’.

If Santi claims should turn out to be true the HT world would revolutionazed forever. Even if he is only capable of producing two hair out of one.
I’m not holding my breath on this one though. I quickly learnt that it is very easy to fall pray to delusion in the hair loss enviroment.

I am trying to get as much info as possible on BHT. Do you know if there’s a limit to the number of body hair that can be transplanted? do they look very different from normal hair?

My idea would be to have fue and BHT for maximum coverage.

Any suggestion/advice would be greatly appreciated

Forget about Santi. Wait for ICX to release their product. ICX’s product is the ONLY hair restoration technique that will give you what you are looking for.
Check out these pages
http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxtrc/
http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxtrc/faqsicxtrc/

We THINK that they will release findings on their phase 2 trails in Oct/ Sept this year. These results SHOULD give us a better idea of when this life saving technology will be available.
In the mean time, enjoy your life. Hairloss isn’t the end of the world, don’t find that out the hard way. I started balding at 15-16 so I know what you are going through.
Keep your eyes posted on the hair multiplication forum.

Soltanto la gente insensata ha chirurgia

Well I am glad you are aware! Look I have always been very wary about BHT but tomarrow I am doing an expose’ on BHT. I will start a new thread. The patient has gotten several small sessions that got good growth. Check out the thread.

Hello Damon,
Thanks for your reply. I think that intercitex might hold the definite cure for baldness and they look like a serious company. I live very close to Manchester so that would be a plus. What I’m worried about is that should Hm work you’ll have no decisional power on where you would like you hair to regrow. My point is that having a very small/short face I need to keep the front high to give the so much needed lenght that a face like mine requires not to look weird. I’m not sure I 'll be able to achieve that with HM. I regularly check the HM forum and I am anxiously waiting for some good news. If I can avoid surgery I will.

Un abbraccio

Hello hairtech,
I will read your post with much interest. I am particurally curious to know wich body hair type is best suited for this procedure. I would also like to know if body hair can be transplanted in areas such as the crown. I certainly have no shortage of body hair like every good Italian hihihihihi. If you don’t mind I would like to ask you the same wuestion I asked to Damon. I need to keep my front high as my natural hairline was definetely too low for my face. Do you think that could be achieved with HM? or I will in any case need a HT performed on me?

Thanks for your time and attention

HM… good question because no one knows how it will be implemented. Will the hairs be grown in a patch on your leg… then dissected out and transplanted? Will the hairs be cultured from a 1.4mm biopsy of your scalp? No one knows the answer to that question.

Hairline design. Most good doctors in HT will be conservative with hairlines. Especially if you are young. Low hairlines in general in a man with MPB is disastrous. You need to discuss this at length with your doctor. If you suggest to him… Sir, what do you think about a 4cm hairline, and he says to you… We can do that. Then you immediately get up and leave the clinic!

High hairlines are fine. Remember, you can always lower a hairline. But it is difficult to raise a hairline because of poor physician design.

Thanks Hairtech,
That was very helpful.

Can you post the link to Pierluigi Santi video ?

We know for FACT that ICX will take a small biopsy from the back of your head (approx 1cm2) which with the help of SCIENCE will provide you with an INFINITE amount of cells that will be used to grow you an ENTIRE head of NATURAL hair.
This hair will grow in the exact same direction as it did before your hair fell out. This means that you wont have to worry about a Docs inability to recreate neither the natural swirl of your crown nor the natural appearance of your hairline
Not only will these cells grow new hairs but they will also lead to the regeneration of miniaturised follicles. I love It ! I am in awe of this technology. Dr Kemp & his team are Gods.
No strip scar from ear to ear, no trauma, no shock loss & no discomfort.
You will only need to have a biopsy removed from your head ONCE- unlike strip surgery which you will have to go back to the abattoir repeatedly to have massive pieces of flesh removed from the back of your head.
ICX will not require you to grow a patch of hair on your leg or any other area of your body to be transplanted into your scalp at a later date. The days of transplanting hairs will be relegated to the past. Cells are the future.

» Can you post the link to Pierluigi Santi video ?

Her’s the link stichmeup

If don’t understand Italian you won’t very much information from the video.

Basically what the video says is tha Santi is NOT in process of discovering a way to ‘multiply’ hair as it is given as a ‘fact’ in this video presentation.

Time will tell if this is true or not.

You are right I have no clue what he is talking about, this should be posted in the hair multiplication forum, ask the hm guys to investigate if this is true or not :slight_smile:

Isn’t that what Gho is doing or trying to do ?

» Isn’t that what Gho is doing or trying to do ?

You have to read carefully what you research on the net about this industry, not everything is true.