Healthy Skepticism

»
» i do find it very odd that SP caused a shed, i have heard of this before,
» but its rare

Yeah, it can be a scary thing because it makes a guy wonder whether to go off it or not because it could just be a shed that will come back thicker. But the stuff just continued to fall. I literally went from not having any noticable sign of a bald spot, to having a pretty good bald spot in 8 mo. of using the SP. It was freaky, so I started doing research and came across several people who had mentioned having the same exact experience–the damned stuff caused their hair to fall out. It is rare, but people should watch out for it just in case.

Then the really weird thing was when I used propecia about a year later, within 2 months, I had literally grown at least 10 thousand new super thick dark terminal hairs. They actually looked like eyelashes because the ends started out really thin, and by the time they got a quarter inch long, the bases were already super thick.

So whatever the difference is between the propecia and the SP is anybody’s guess, but obviously we are biochemically unique, so each person is going to have a different reaction to any particular substance.

» It may have even been zero test
» patients, because he never released any results. Within months after he
» started hyping various forms of “HM” on his website, he dramatically cut
» back publicity and not a word has been heard from him since. And as JB
» pointed out, he had zero funding.

Contrast that to Aderans Research Institute. It employs about 20 full-time researchers (last time I checked) whose time is devoted entirely to HM. Bazan’s research has NOTHING in common with either Aderans or ICX. These guys are investing thousands of man hours and millions of dollars with relatively large numbers of staff who are renowned as being the best in the world at what they do.

We have rounded the corner and hit a new paradigm when it comes to HM research. It took the world a while to realize it, but HM is the next big prize in CT/TE applications. It is the next logical progression, and one of the easiest to get out, so researchers are popping out of the woodwork like crazy. People finally realize something I stated many years ago, HM is not just for hair. It is a necessary step toward much greater stem cell based treatments down the line.

It only takes a quick look at the presentations of the upcoming convention in Vancouver to realize just how far this science has come since the early days. It is currently on fire. Growing follicles will teach us how to grow much more elaborate replacement organs. HM will be the first big wave of multi-billion dollar treatments that WOW the world, but as fantastic of a discovery as this will represent, it will pale in comparison to the second wave of organ regeneration.

» Hmm I remember hearing him hyped several years ago on the HM forum then I
» am not sure what happened after that

Well, he made some very tall claims that he could not live up to. And to tell you the truth, nobody knows for certain what actually transpired. But you have to understand that Ken Ballinger (sp?) also made some pretty huge claims about his topical cure for baldness. But just because Ken’s treatment has not panned out over the years doesn’t mean that all topicals or people who research them are washed up. It goes on an individual basis.

Anytime you have a company like ICX investing millions of dollars into HM that has multiple patents on file, over 75 full-time persons on staff, a proven track record of pioneering marketable stem cell based treatments, and are in phase II of government sanctioned human trials, they are bound to be more reliable than a single guy living down in Mexico making random claims on an Internet site. Not that all Bazan’s claims were bogus or not. I really don’t know the full story there. I only know that the level of organization, funding, and research that he was doing is like a grain of sand on the beach compared to ICX.

Add in the fact that Aderans is just as organized as ICX, if not somewhat behind in timeline, and the days of pinning one’s hopes on a lone cowboy down in Mexico have long since past us by. We have reached a point where some of the most respected scientists in the world are working on HM and have the funding to make it happen. This does not guarantee that it will be released at any point in the future. Something could go horribly wrong, or it could just not pan out. There are no guarantees when researching the future. But as far as treatments for baldness go, IMO, HM is the only one worth getting excited about. To me, everything else is extraordinarily lackluster in comparison. This is a treatment that averaged marketable hair growth numbers in a phase I human study that was not designed to actually grow hair. The potential of this product is enormous.

“…so researchers are popping out of the woodwork
» like crazy. People finally realize something I stated many years ago, HM
» is not just for hair. It is a necessary step toward much greater stem cell
» based treatments down the line.”

JB- Thanks for your posts, they are always quite good. My attention was grabbed by this bit, and it would be great if you could extend a few more thoughts here…

If it is necessary to solve hair before stem-cell scientists can solve other organs…this is one of the most encouraging things I’ve heard. If it is necessary, this adds world’s more motivation for hair to be solved, because nothing else can be solved without HM progress. So if that be true-- How lucky for the bald/ing!! Intuitively hair just doesn’t seem as complex as a heart or a liver, so sure, it seems like the easiest to tackle to the mind of an average joe. And with a strong push in stem-cell research generally right now, scientists will have to pass HM first, on their way to the other organs. That sounds very promising for hair and hair-loss sufferers.

But my question is…other than an intuitive sense, why do you say it’s a necessary step? Or how do we know this? What led you to realize this years ago? Thanks for sharing.

if you guys are not on a super hair vitamin you would be amazed at the difference in your hair it makes

its like plants, if you just water them they might grow, but after you fertilize them they go nuts

same with your hair, the difference I see with the vits, especially horsetail and MSM, on MSM my hair was like silk

stopped taking it because it didnt regrow much but the hair quality of the hair on my head already was remarkable, HORSETAIL made my hair and nails grow at least double the speed, the nails had to be cut about every three days
amazing

» »
» » i do find it very odd that SP caused a shed, i have heard of this
» before,
» » but its rare
»
» Yeah, it can be a scary thing because it makes a guy wonder whether to go
» off it or not because it could just be a shed that will come back thicker.
» But the stuff just continued to fall. I literally went from not having any
» noticable sign of a bald spot, to having a pretty good bald spot in 8 mo.
» of using the SP. It was freaky, so I started doing research and came
» across several people who had mentioned having the same exact
» experience–the damned stuff caused their hair to fall out. It is rare,
» but people should watch out for it just in case.
»
» Then the really weird thing was when I used propecia about a year later,
» within 2 months, I had literally grown at least 10 thousand new super
» thick dark terminal hairs. They actually looked like eyelashes because the
» ends started out really thin, and by the time they got a quarter inch long,
» the bases were already super thick.
»
» So whatever the difference is between the propecia and the SP is anybody’s
» guess, but obviously we are biochemically unique, so each person is going
» to have a different reaction to any particular substance.

» But my question is…other than an intuitive sense, why do you say it’s a
» necessary step? Or how do we know this? What led you to realize
» this years ago? Thanks for sharing.

I just wrote a nice in-depth analysis of the situation, but when I went to post it, the forum ate my post. One big issue with this forum is if it eats your post, you cannot hit your back-button and go back to it and repost it. Thus, I will make my answer quite brief.

I don’t believe it is impossible to invent more complex cures without first inventing HM. But I do think it is the most logical path that things will progress. If you look at the underlying science, I believe it is clear that hair follicle stem cells are one of the most ripe for picking item out there, and that they are just not ripe for a baldness cure, they are all over the map. In fact, I first got turned on to them through the study of growing new neurons.

So early on in my research (not that I know much, but I have been curious about this stuff for a while now), it seemed mechanically obvious that researching hair follicle stem cells would lead to cures for more complex illnesses and ways to grow more complex structures. Since the time I first proposed that idea, Dr. Washenik, Dr. Stenn, and many other world-class researchers have made similar statements. In fact, I think it is kind of funny, because back when I first proposed the idea, I termed HM “Nobel Prize level work.” And sometime later, Stenn and Washenik came to the exact same conclusion. And that is because it really is Nobel Prize level work because it involves understanding complex cell-signaling mechanisms. That doesn’t mean the work will get a Nobel Prize, but it does mean that this is not some cheesy, let’s throw some stuff together into a Heinz 57 natural topical and pray that it works level of science. A HM cure will involve science at a very high level of understanding (while still abstracting much of the detail) by some of the most forward-thinking scientists in the world. Guys like Stenn and Kemp have the credentials to organize teams of scientists who can pull this off. But make no mistake, it will require as much business savvy as it does scientific know-how.

So without getting too into it, I will say that all of this stuff is not discrete. It is not mechanically separted in any manner (i.e. HM does not exist in a vacuum). Stem cell science is a single idea, but it is natural to understand certain parts of that single idea before we understand other parts. In this manner, there is a natural pathway that this field will most likely progress upon and HM lands early on in that roadmap. Interest in HM is heating up to a very high level these days both from a for-profit perspective as well as at the academic level.