HDC Hair Transplant Clinic- 3050 FUE grafts

Hi All,

I would like to share with you the case of one of our hair transplant patient from UK, during his progress and up to the 6 month mark. He has posted his whole experience in another hair loss forum and I will use some of his exact words quoted.

The patient is being using minoxidil for the last 4.5 months and finasteride for the last one.

The HDC Hair Transplant Clinic medical team has implanted 3050 FUE grafts at the frontal third.

Regards
Alex

BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
"Hi

I will be honest i never really new anything about HT till about several months ago , I have been wearing baseball caps pretty much regularly since 2009 especially when I noticed my hair receding well back , I have always new that i had a high fore head from a early age, I have to say After sitting on the fence for a few months reading many things on these sites its amazing how many people have had HT and are using meds, anyway i decided to go to HDC in Feb-12 its only 2 months down the line so nothing much happening, I did notice some shock loss but that seems to have grown back well at the back of my head its has, if anything changes I will update thank you"

DURING AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PROCEDURE

7 DAYS POST OP
“I hope and pray i can have a good journey and accept what ever may. attached is a picture 7 days after”

11 WEEKS POST OP

“Hi

Just coming up to 3 month and will attach the update pictures , not a great deal happening but some hairs breaking through, it might not look like much but it gives me hope, its early days am still using this site to help through this process”

4 MONTHS POST OP

5 MONTHS POST OP

6 MONTH POST OP
“Hi All

Well its my 6 month update and I have to say I am really happy with were I am at present , is this a life changing experience for me absolutely , I cant really express how I feel am training 5 days a week and taking care of myself so much better now before the HT I just lost interest in a lot of things , I know am at 6 month but am so happy with my progress , HDC have been keeping in touch with me as well so thats even better, am still hoping that the Rogaine and the Fin will help to restore the crown however it has helped or stabilised the hairloss and if another procedure is required then no worries, I rarely wear hats anymore and I dont mind having my picture taken these days , I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last 6 months , Here is a picture of me with my dog which was taken a week ago , at present my programme is as follows

Rogaine Foam Daily

Finesteride 1mg

Nizoral Shampoo 3 times a week , Head and Shoulders Endurance any other time

thanks”

This is fantastic for only 3000 grafts, I wouldn’t worry too much about the crown, they are not that bad, you might even be able to cover the crown somewhat if you grow your hair a bit longer, just don’t get carried away and end up wearing a combover :slight_smile:

This is indeed very good compared to other 3000 grafts job I have seen, what was the reason for not filling in the crown as well? The thinning in the crown is so small, I would assume it makes sense to take care of the crown also while doing the front so that he doesn’t have to come back for a 2nd visit. That’s what I would do if I were him.

» This is indeed very good compared to other 3000 grafts job I have seen,
» what was the reason for not filling in the crown as well? The thinning in
» the crown is so small, I would assume it makes sense to take care of the
» crown also while doing the front so that he doesn’t have to come back for a
» 2nd visit. That’s what I would do if I were him.

Hi UFC,

As stated above from the patient he is coming back to HDC to restore his crown in October. The reason we did not touch the crown initially was that we did not want to harvest aggressively from his donor risking damage. At HDC and if donor allows we usually harvest up to 4000 FUE grafts in a single three consecutive day session however in this case 3050 grafts were possible to be extracted safely which was the optimum for coverage at his front. We expect to harvest approximately 1500 grafts to restore his crown in October.

Regards
Alex

Good result HDC.

And I agree with leaving the crown for a furure FUE as not to be too aggressive during the first pass.

» » This is indeed very good compared to other 3000 grafts job I have seen,
» » what was the reason for not filling in the crown as well? The thinning
» in
» » the crown is so small, I would assume it makes sense to take care of the
» » crown also while doing the front so that he doesn’t have to come back for
» a
» » 2nd visit. That’s what I would do if I were him.
»
» Hi UFC,
»
» As stated above from the patient he is coming back to HDC to restore his
» crown in October. The reason we did not touch the crown initially was that
» we did not want to harvest aggressively from his donor risking damage. At
» HDC and if donor allows we usually harvest up to 4000 FUE grafts in a
» single three consecutive day session however in this case 3050 grafts were
» possible to be extracted safely which was the optimum for coverage at his
» front. We expect to harvest approximately 1500 grafts to restore his crown
» in October.
»
» Regards
» Alex

The yield for this guy is very good, if your doctor can keep this up, I don’t think he will need 1500 for the crown. His crown is not even bald, just thinning.

»
» The yield for this guy is very good, if your doctor can keep this up, I
» don’t think he will need 1500 for the crown. His crown is not even bald,
» just thinning.

Hi Damraak,

You are probably correct that 1500 grafts is too much for his crown as he is responding good on finasteride and an accurate estimation will be made once he is in Cyprus in October. For the moment below is an update of his progress.

Regards
Alex

I agree, this is very good for 6 months only and only 3050 grafts, he should be very pleased.

Hi ALL,

As promised i will keep the updates coming for this case. The patient at the moment is at the 7.5 month mark. I have also added a photo comparing just before the procedure and now.

Regards
Alex

Hello to everyone,

As the patient keeps updating us with his progress i continue to share his case at 8 months post op with the members of the forum.

This patient will be visiting the clinic next week for his second FUE procedure to adress his crown issue therefore i will keep you informed with detail photos of immediately post op and for the few days that he will be staying with us in Cyprus.

Warmest Regards
Alex

Hello Everyone,

As promised i will keep the update on this patient who has already proceeded on the 8th October 2012 with his crown restoration as well.

Below is graft breakdown of the total 1203 used.

1203 FUE Grafts Crown

Singles : 127

Doubles: 500

Trebles : 576

Regards
Alex

very nice work with the hairline
thanks for the updates of the crown

» Hello Everyone,
»
» As promised i will keep the update on this patient who has already
» proceeded on the 8th October 2012 with his crown restoration as well.
»
» Below is graft breakdown of the total 1203 used.
»
» 1203 FUE Grafts Crown
»
» Singles : 127
»
» Doubles: 500
»
» Trebles : 576
»
» Regards
» Alex

I am glad the doctor only gave him 1200 and not the 1500 grafts originally planned, 1500 would be too much for his crown, 1200 is acceptable, 1000 or below would be even better.

Hello Everyone,

Below is a video we have prepared with the complete case of this patient at all stages.

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for posting the Video great stuff all the best

D

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you, I am Penza.

Excellent result