Harry...no one heard you . mouth shut

When KATRINA hit, countless thousands of black people were left to die

No water food shelter …nothing

And white brainwashed idiots supported trillions of dollars to kill maim burn and destroy innocent god fearing good people who hurt no one.

THEY HURT NO ONE

Harry…where where you . did you say anything ?

Enjoy your soap box Harry

I do NOT APPROVE of what happened. it was stupid

but they were dark skinned AUSTRALIAN Indians.

They meant no harm.

It was a silly and stupid thing and to many insulting, but they thought if they have dark skin…who could take offence

The real issue here is hypocricy

Send some more troops…just like Vietnam…great business…huge profit

Where is your moral mouth now harry…you hypocrite…when black people were dying where was your voice…and a skit gave you a soap box

Dr Ray Woods

what s this all about? who is harry?

» When KATRINA hit, countless thousands of black people were left to die

Doctor, please get your facts right, thousands of black people died because of Katrina?

I believe he is probably referring to Harry Connick, Jr. and an incident that happened on Australian television. At least 99% of all Americans have not heard about what happened with Harry.

Lol inventor and propably the best FUE surgeon in the world, one of the most ethical transplant doctors in these boards, brutally honest from what i ve heard from him about transplant realities …and still he is a nutty!!!(in a good way)…i hope he has a good sense of humor also :wink:

“Where is your moral mouth now harry…you hypocrite…when black people were dying where was your voice…and a skit gave you a soap box” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96YLZFbrMms

The video is here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts946

Racially charged Australian TV show skit offends Harry Connick, Jr.

Fri Oct 9, 8:14 pm ET
An incident involving actor/singer Harry Connick Jr. during his appearance as a judge on an Australian variety show is causing an international stir. The evening turned tense when an act performed in blackface, prompting Connick - himself once entangled in the sensitive issue - to give some tough talk on-air.

The show in question, “Hey, Hey It’s Saturday,” is a bit of a cultural institution in Australia, having run from 1971 to 1999; Connick was on the show to judge a reunion special. The controversial skit involved five doctors, aka “The Jackson Jive,” performing a parody of the Jackson Five. The group, host Daryl Somers told viewers, had performed the identical routine 20 years ago when they were medical students.

Here’s the “Today” show segment on the incident. (Viewers should be aware that footage from the show and blackface skit is featured).

After a visibly uncomfortable Connick gave the group a “0” for their performance during the judging portion, the show cut to commercial, when Connick made his alleged abrupt exit. Back on air Somers apologized for offending Connick, a New Orleans native whose musical schooling came from many of the city’s African-American jazz musicians: “I know that to your countrymen, that’s an insult to have a blackface routine like that on the show, so I do apologize to you.”

In response Connick said: “We’ve spent so much time trying to not make black people look like buffoons, that when we see something like that, we take it really to heart … If I knew that would be part of the show, I probably, I definitely wouldn’t have done it.”

His stance has garnered praise but the publicity’s also resurrected an ironic incident from Connick’s own past. The “Today” show says Connick portrayed an African-American preacher character when he appeared as a guest on the American sketch comedy show “MADtv.” (Ed. Note: Connick maintains that the character was not intended to be black. See below for his statement.) Some comments, as noted in this Movieline.com post, have turned heated, with Connick a target. “If you want a perfect example of hypocrisy, then look at this skit,” writes user Ranz Sunni of the YouTube clip of Connick’s sketch.

In a statement on the firestorm Thursday Connick spoke for the Australian performers and himself: “Those of you who have seen my shows or seen me in several comedic skits on TV know that I have absolutely no problem with comedic send-ups or making fun of myself or others … I do not believe that the performers intended any harm.”

Update: Connick posted this statement on his website regarding the “MADtv” sketch:

“There is a 1996 MadTV clip of a spoof featuring a black Baptist minister named Rev. LaMonte Nixon Fatback and a white southern evangelical preacher with a pompadour named Dr. Michael Kassick. Some people seem to be confused about which actor is playing which character. For the record, the actor playing Rev. LaMonte Nixon Fatback is Orlando Jones and the actor playing Dr. Michael Kassick is Harry Connick Jr.”

ah, this is the first time I heard about this, and I live in the US. Do you think if the media in the US put a lid on this story deliberately? It’s funny I have to find out about this on a hair loss site :slight_smile:

Hypocrisy for sure, Harry blew up only because that happened outside US and he thought he could get away with it , if the same happened on US tv, he would have kept his mouth shut. I have seen skits from Saturday Night Live that were way out of line and way worse than this one, if it was done in American soil, it’s all good.

If you think that the act in question was in good taste then all i can say is you ozzies are down right vulgar and by the way i am a white guy and i found it totally disgusting and embaressing to watch.

» If you think that the act in question was in good taste then all i can
» say is you ozzies are down right vulgar and by the way i am a white guy
» and i found it totally disgusting and embaressing to watch.

Craig hit it on the nail, if this whole thing was done by Americans then nobody would have said a word

Remember this movie?

lol:-D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Umm . . . How old was Harry Connick jr during the Vietnam era?

» If you think that the act in question was in good taste then all i can
» say is you ozzies are down right vulgar and by the way i am a white guy
» and i found it totally disgusting and embaressing to watch.

Here we go again. There’s good and bad in every race. American news can be at times just as disgusting and embarrassing to us Australians more then any one episode of Red Faces. Build a Bridge or Maybe you need a Tissue Like Harry.

Did White Chicks win an Academy Award? I think it did well at Sundance.

» Umm . . . How old was Harry Connick jr during the Vietnam era?

What has that got to do with anything?

» When KATRINA hit, countless thousands of black people were left to die
» No water food shelter …nothing

And this is Harry Connick Jr’s fault? How? Did you expect him to fabricate a slew of water and food supplies from the air?

» And white brainwashed idiots supported trillions of dollars to kill maim
» burn and destroy innocent god fearing good people who hurt no one.
»
» THEY HURT NO ONE
»
» Harry…where where you . did you say anything ?
»
» Enjoy your soap box Harry

Uh, okay. What does this a skit meant for humor have to do with a total framework failure? One is meant for humor, and the other was a complete disregard of potential hazards.

» I do NOT APPROVE of what happened. it was stupid
»
» but they were dark skinned AUSTRALIAN Indians.

What does dark-skinned Australians have to do with blackface? Last time I checked, the Jackson 5 were not Indians.

» They meant no harm.
» It was a silly and stupid thing and to many insulting, but they thought
» if they have dark skin…who could take offence

They didn’t look dark skin to me. Looked like plain ol’ blackface comedy much like the older days in the US comedy skits.

»
» The real issue here is hypocricy

» Send some more troops…just like Vietnam…great business…huge
» profit

Where’s the correlation? Hypocrisy? Where? Did Harry Connick do a blackface skit? Did he speak ill of someone that’s black?

What does Vietnam have to do with business? Are you trying to pull sensitive topics out of your rear to make an argument, or to support your weak argument?

» Where is your moral mouth now harry…you hypocrite…when black people
» were dying where was your voice…and a skit gave you a soap box
»
» Dr Ray Woods

For someone that’s supposed to be educated, your arguments and sentence structure sucks. I would understand if English wasn’t your first language, but this isn’t the case. There’s several doctors that I really don’t like - neither their work nor their attitude. However, most of them can usually post in an articulate manner.

Regardless, since your simpleton brain can’t do the slightest bit of research, here’s Harry Connick’s contribution to the people trying to get on their feet - http://www.habitat-nola.org/projects/musicians_village.php.

and

A Concert for Hurricane Relief - Wikipedia.