Happy New Year! What\'s the concensus on Intercytex nowadays?

Hi everyone,

Haven’t been here in a while. Heh. So, last time I was here, Bill (Willy) was kind enough to give me a splendid update. Unfortunately, I haven’t been here since. I actually came in here because I was on Wikipedia when I randomly decided to look at their page for baldness treatment. Under Hair Multiplication, it says this:

“In 2008, Intercytex announced positive results of a Phase II trial for a form of cloning hair follicles from the back of the neck, multiplying them and then reimplanting the cells into the scalp. The initial testing resulted in at least two thirds of male patients regrowing hair. This treatment “could be available to patients” by 2009.[20]”

I’m certainly not one of the negative users here, but I am wary and I know what “by 2009” means. However, I’m not as up to date as everyone here, so… how full of shit is the above-quoted statement? Is Intercytex considered to be a case of failure as I had gotten the impression it was last time I was here? Just by clicking on “Intercytex” to view their wikipedia page, TRC is listed as “The treatment is predicted to be availale to patients within 5 years.”

Apart from that, how is everyone?

You’ll probably get responses both ways on this one.

The collective opinion about ICX-TRC has certainly taken a downturn, I don’t think anyone would argue that. If they’re still in the game, then at least they’ve had some serious setbacks lately.

To be perfectly blunt, it sounds like their TRC phase#2 trials just didn’t grow jack sh*t. It sounds like either the core concept is seriously flawed, or else ICX is seriously screwing up when attempting to carry it out.

They’ve backed off their earlier close release dates.

ICX has also said they will not be funding any more phase#3 trials themselves. They want money from an outside partner to continue development of TRC.

Some people have interpreted this as a vote of no confidence in the whole project. Other people interpret it as just a normal course of action for a small company like ICX to do with a project at this stage. Some people’s feelings about it fall in between.

Hi Cal,

Thanks for your thorough reply. It’s scary, but I think so, too. When the hype started, it was said that Intercytex was teaming up with Aderans for research and development; and, of course, Aderans is joint with—or somehow in bed with—Bosley. Bosley sounds like a pretty good funding group… so Intercytex’s financial limitations seem, so far, to be superficial.

I was crushed when Washenik went AWOL. He was this calming sage that had all sorts of modest and seemingly-authentic answers; so, naturally, at his disappearance, Intercytex filled in the blanks. And because of their association, it was like some long-lost brother that had a similar air.

I don’t want to trouble you too much, but is there a sort of URL to Intercytex’s statement that they will not attempt phase III trials on their own? Wikipedia states: “In June 2008, Intercytex announced positive results of their Phase II trial for a form of cloning based Hair multiplication technique called follicular cell implantation[4]. The treatment is being hailed as a major advance in hair restoration and is backed by a £1.9 million government grant. The treatment is predicted to be availale to patients within 5 years.” That’s almost $3 million.

I’d love to hear some more contributions. Perhaps someone has e-mailed them recently? I remember a lovely young secretary answering to e-mails.

This the forum area where nothing change, you can go one year and come back to find the same things! scary isn’t it!:slight_smile:

This the forum area where nothing change, you can go one year and come back to find the same things! scary isn’t it!:slight_smile:

Ha ha ha, not true! John The Revelator isn’t here anymore and he was last time.

you’ve got a point!:wink:

I’m not sure what to tell you about links for the talk about ICX. Sorry.

The decision not to proceed with phase#3 on TRC without outside funding was not anything secret though. We’re not talking about info that we pieced together from a bunch of heresay emails, or something. These were official statements from ICX.

» I’m not sure what to tell you about links for the talk about ICX. Sorry.
»
» The decision not to proceed with phase#3 on TRC without outside funding
» was not anything secret though. We’re not talking about info that we
» pieced together from a bunch of heresay emails, or something. These were
» official statements from ICX.

If you all remember Intercytex stopped giving information out in their emails,just started stating that updates are posted on their website.

The Farjo Clinic also stopped slipping information out over the phone,as well.

I think it is just a waiting game,at the moment,at least until March update.

If you remember I’m the person who used to phone the Farjo Clinic,along with Baccy,in the end it all amounted to a big nothing.

They might not talk the talk now,due over companies being in the race for the cure.I’m a self employed retailer,when I’m taking big money,I play it down - pretend I’m not,as I do not all of a sudden want others selling the same,because they think theres money there - Think about it!

ROLL ON HM,FROM SOMEONE WHO’S FED UP OF SHAVING HIS HEAD!

It should be here in 2009. As it stands phase II is complete (and has been for a couple months at least). They have the results but we have to wait until march when they’re announced. In 2006 they reported that they wanted to launch TRC in the UK as an unregulated product. They made this decision on the basis of phase I results which probably told them everything they wanted to know about TRC but the MHRA wanted to see more trials. Now that Phase II is complete we could well see TRC in the UK or somewhere else in 2009. The general rule of thumb with regards to launch is -

Phase I = No countries
Phase II = Some countires
Phase III = All countries

Vavelta is available in the UK and they are still conducting a Phase IIc. Phase II for TRC had 2 separate trials with no 3rd trial required unlike vavelta :). Lets wait and see.

» It should be here in 2009. As it stands phase II is complete (and has been
» for a couple months at least). They have the results but we have to wait
» until march when they’re announced. In 2006 they reported that they wanted
» to launch TRC in the UK as an unregulated product. They made this decision
» on the basis of phase I results which probably told them everything they
» wanted to know about TRC but the MHRA wanted to see more trials. Now that
» Phase II is complete we could well see TRC in the UK or somewhere else in
» 2009. The general rule of thumb with regards to launch is -
»
» Phase I = No countries
» Phase II = Some countires
» Phase III = All countries
»
» Vavelta is available in the UK and they are still conducting a Phase IIc.
» Phase II for TRC had 2 separate trials with no 3rd trial required unlike
» vavelta :). Lets wait and see.

I am saving this email, and I will use it to Ridicule you mercilessly… effective January 01st 2010.

ICX-TRC’s 2009 market release information is probably in an envelope along with proof of Dr. Armani’s 15,000-graft transplant patients. The envelope is sitting in Elvis’s back pocket as we speak.

ICX has been “waiting to announce” and “not yet making public” some kind of decent progress for half the last decade.

They’ve been stringing along and postponing the date that they actually reveal anything concrete for YEARS. And they’ve been quietly withdrawing their projections about TRC’s release date and potency during this last year.

Nathan, don’t do this to you!
it’s a public company and the game is gone!
come on, Nathan!

»
» Phase I = No countries
»

nathan,Are you an insider?

»
» Phase I = No countries
»

You need to see a psychologist

Oh, great, now that Nathan’s commented, he’s hexed my thread and caused treatment to be delayed again. I hope he won’t say anything positive about the recession next, prolonging it for years.

~Cal,

Though I think that you’re probably trustworthy, if it’s an official statement, it shouldn’t be too hard to find, no? I haven’t seen this official statement, so apart from their website, I wouldn’t really know where to look. And whilst I agree that they’d probably want to keep it quiet to avoid embarrassment, the official information given when looked for is simply positive news. Does anyone else know where this statement can be found?

Elvis was sighted in Bangladesh a few days ago. Get our coats, I’ll meet you at the airport.

~Rev,

Back in 2006, Nathan said that we’d get GREAT, GREAT, GREAT news in October 2007. I told him I’d hold him to his word and that I would consider him a stupid ass if it didn’t come true. You certainly know of this history; it’s all been done already. So don’t wait for January 1st, 2010; begin the ridiculing as quickly as possible.

~Max,

Ha ha ha, very funny!

~thegreek,

Hey, now, as Cal so rightly said, none of us should be here to deal with psychological problems.

~Baldie42,

So you have a positive view on Intercytex? What you say does, like what Cal says, have some logic to it, but I was hoping for something more concrete when starting this thread. I still appreciate a lot your positive outlook. Thanks for commenting.

» » It should be here in 2009. As it stands phase II is complete (and has
» been
» » for a couple months at least). They have the results but we have to
» wait
» » until march when they’re announced. In 2006 they reported that they
» wanted
» » to launch TRC in the UK as an unregulated product. They made this
» decision
» » on the basis of phase I results which probably told them everything
» they
» » wanted to know about TRC but the MHRA wanted to see more trials. Now
» that
» » Phase II is complete we could well see TRC in the UK or somewhere else
» in
» » 2009. The general rule of thumb with regards to launch is -
» »
» » Phase I = No countries
» » Phase II = Some countires
» » Phase III = All countries
» »
» » Vavelta is available in the UK and they are still conducting a Phase
» IIc.
» » Phase II for TRC had 2 separate trials with no 3rd trial required
» unlike
» » vavelta :). Lets wait and see.
»
»
» nathan,Are you an insider?

nah, he’s just seriously undermedicated.

If you had an ounce of dignity, you wouldn’t have made this post. Dr. Kemp himself has said that TRC wil require phase-III trials i.e. MHRA wants Intercytex to conduct phase-III before it gives TRC a greenlight. There is no chance whatsoever of a small scale commercialization in 2009!

I am getting more of a feeling that you have some sort of interest in Intercytex i.e. either you’re an employee, share holder etc. That’s why you’re the only one always making these positive statements and they never turn out true.

He didn’t rule out release in 2009. He just said nothing in set in stone until phase II is over. Well now that it is over we will have to wait and see.

Secondly, Intercytex’ official report stated that they don’t intend to finance the continuation of clinical and commercial work of TRC beyond phase II. Remember that this was an official report so if the report is to be believed than TRC is complete. Some of us have interpreted this as looking for additional cash whilst others have pointed towards launch but as far as im concerned they are following the same route as vavelta. They stated that they are looking for a partner. They already have bosley on board. It could be armani as some other threads on this forum have stated he is involved in HM to some extent.

» He didn’t rule out release in 2009. He just said nothing in set in stone
» until phase II is over. Well now that it is over we will have to wait and
» see.
»
» Secondly, Intercytex’ official report stated that they don’t intend to
» finance the continuation of clinical and commercial work of TRC beyond
» phase II. Remember that this was an official report so if the report is to
» be believed than TRC is complete. Some of us have interpreted this as
» looking for additional cash whilst others have pointed towards launch but
» as far as im concerned they are following the same route as vavelta. They
» stated that they are looking for a partner. They already have bosley on
» board. It could be armani as some other threads on this forum have stated
» he is involved in HM to some extent.

Nice one Nathan,it would be just great if you are correct,only time will tell.

» He didn’t rule out release in 2009. He just said nothing in set in stone
» until phase II is over. Well now that it is over we will have to wait and
» see.

The problem is that you are being too optimistic. Intercytex was more than willing to share info with us about phase-I and even used to reply to our emails before & during early days of phase-II. However, they have been dodging our questions ever since they went about a year into phase-II. If there were some positive developments they would have leaked those out or maybe given a slight hint through emails i.e. that they are considering commercialization after phase-II etc.

However, they haven’t done that, their reply to my last email was just a copy/paste job. Dr.Kemp in his interview responded to most questions by saying we’ll know after phase-II is completed. Even one regarding commercialization in 2009 - if there was a chance of it he might have hinted by saying “yes it’s a possibility, we’re not sure at this point” or “we’re trying to get to the market as fast as possible”. But he didn’t say anything like that despite the fact that their share price is a joke now. All this implies that TRC is Not going to be commercialized in 2009.

On the otherhand, if the phase-III starts later this year than some of us might get lucky, because in phase-III they are supposed to select a large number of people(hopefully over a 100) and do a full-blown HM to see what happens. That could happen this year, But that’s a longshot!

Edit: Here is a response I got from them few weeks ago:

We hope to have trial data available Q2 2009. We currently have no definitive plans for future trials (timelines or locations) and do not have a database to record the contact details of people who may be interested in taking part but please feel free to check the Intercytex website (www.intercytex.com) for potential updates.