HairSite HM, Research, and Gho Board Solution: Limit ALL Posters to 5 Posts/Wk!

I propose limiting ALL posters on these boards to 5 posts per week.

There are several posters here who have CLEARLY abused their posting privileges and have gone overboard on making irrelevant posts, which has ultimately destroyed the quality and usefulness of these forums!

I admit that I, too, have at times gotten sucked into this trap of making troll-like posts, attacking people, etc. – although people here know that I don’t do it nearly as much as some other people on these boards.

Several people have, at times, suggested that various HairSiters be banned from the forums. In truth, I do think that banning certain people would dramatically improve the dialogue here.

However, banning people often raises questions of fairness, and might be construed by some as selective discrimination against one person. Inevitably, when someone is banned, he/she will claim that the ban was unfair because “Why did you ban me, when these other posters are doing the same thing, or worse?”

The solution I am proposing it to limit ALL registered HairSite members to no more than FIVE posts per week on any given HairSite forum.

I really do think that this will improve the quality of the dialog and the information being imparted here. I think that this will raise the usefulness of the posts here and give all of us a better experience.

The primary thing destroying these boards is that there several posters who are stuck in a self-indulgent pattern of spamming the forums with “a comment for every occasion”. These people display some of the personality traits of “obsessive-compulsive” behavior or personality disorder; some of them may be seriously mentally disturbed. I am not going to mention any names; it is quite obvious who these people are. Just count up their posts on any given day!

I am very serious about this proposal and I am going to discuss this with the Administrator of HairSite, offline, because I really do think that this is the answer to the problem we face here.

I think this solution will result in much better HairSite forums for all of us!!

» I think this solution will result in much better HairSite forums for all of
» us!!

… and finally better hair loss cures.

Yep, its a possibility. I don’t know how flexible is the software on this forum to allow for this kind of limitations. maybe 5 posts per week is too restrictive. I would prefer 30 posts per month.

Consider that Iron_Man, for example, has posted an average of more than 4 posts per day. So reducing it to 1 per day is already an improvement.

Anyway, I suspect these guys will open multiple accounts to circunvent the restriction.

Also, I don’t know if Hairsite is interested in reducing the activity of the forum. Maybe it is better to restrict only the problematic members.

» Yep, its a possibility. I don’t know how flexible is the software on this
» forum to allow for this kind of limitations. maybe 5 posts per week is too
» restrictive. I would prefer 30 posts per month.
»
» Consider that Iron_Man, for example, has posted an average of more than 4
» posts per day. So reducing it to 1 per day is already an improvement.
»
» Anyway, I suspect these guys will open multiple accounts to circunvent the
» restriction.

Iron_Man would probably open new accounts as Bronze_Boy and Copper_C*ck.
Stevie.Dee would probably try to re-register Leroy Jenkins because he’s a special case.

» Also, I don’t know if Hairsite is interested in reducing the activity of
» the forum. Maybe it is better to restrict only the problematic members.

I would do the opposite; I would tell them they have to post 500 times per day or face permbans. The smart ones would understand the futility of the proposal and leave; the dumb ones would post until they tire and die.

How about a maximum of 3 posts per thread for those whose posting privileges have been restricted. We will look into this and see if it is possible and how long it takes to get that implemented.

» How about a maximum of 3 posts per thread for those whose posting
» privileges have been restricted. We will look into this and see if it is
» possible and how long it takes to get that implemented.

do you mean, max. 3 posts in the restricted threads and no restriction elsewhere?
or a general restriction of 3 posts/thread everywhere?

» I would do the opposite; I would tell them they have to post 500 times per
» day or face permbans.
The smart ones would understand the futility of the
» proposal and leave; the dumb ones would post until they tire and die.

they will post 500/day and survive.

» » How about a maximum of 3 posts per thread for those whose posting
» » privileges have been restricted. We will look into this and see if it
» is
» » possible and how long it takes to get that implemented.
»
» do you mean, max. 3 posts in the restricted threads and no restriction
» elsewhere?
» or a general restriction of 3 posts/thread everywhere?

The “3 posts max” restriction is applied globally to all the threads in the HM/RESEARCH forum if your posting privileges have been restricted.

This is the basic idea, however I cannot guarantee that this can be done until I speak to our programmer.

» » » How about a maximum of 3 posts per thread for those whose posting
» » » privileges have been restricted. We will look into this and see if it
» » is
» » » possible and how long it takes to get that implemented.
» »
» » do you mean, max. 3 posts in the restricted threads and no restriction
» » elsewhere?
» » or a general restriction of 3 posts/thread everywhere?
»
» The “3 posts max” restriction is applied globally to all the threads in the
» HM/RESEARCH forum if your posting privileges have been restricted.
»
» This is the basic idea, however I cannot guarantee that this can be done
» until I speak to our programmer.

honestly all this fuss because of two users (Iron_Man and Stevie) who are unable to engage in civil discussion. Other forums dealt well by simply banning them.

» honestly …

… said one of the biggest useless losers on this board - hairman2:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/search-show_postings-2258.html

So, tell me - how can someone profit from your 600 completely useless posts??

Right - there is absolutely NOTHING!

Funny i have been away for some days and guess what Iron.man still got in useless fightings with people and insults. Now we can see he is only here to cause trouble.

i hope hairsite that you finally solve this problem