HAIRLOVE--we have an update sir!

» Hairlove that scar is very obvious but I give you credit for shaving it
» down like that and as far as scars themselves go it is very good. If it
» doesn’t bother you most people seeing it could probably care less.
»
» Can I ask you why your hair density looks so patchy or maybe that’s the
» camera?
»
» Very good post for those considering a strip.

yea,but this is the shortest i have gone in quite a while normally add 10-15 days growth to it thats where im at normally:)

and i dont know if the pic came out patchy because of the lighting or something but i didnt go for FUE so it cant be over harvesting in certain areas leading to patchiness!!

» back of the head!!
»
»
»
»

Good man, thanks for the pic. Do you know why the right side or the scar is so much darker than the left side?

» » back of the head!!
» »
» »
» »
» »
»
» Good man, thanks for the pic. Do you know why the right side or the scar
» is so much darker than the left side?

I dont know it may have been the lighting and the fact i didnt use a very good quality camera for this pic but otherwise i dont see one side darker than the other

Hairlove did you have a lot of people asking you about the scar? Personally I would not cut my hair this short because of the scar, have you considered fixing the scar with fue?

» Hairlove did you have a lot of people asking you about the scar?
» Personally I would not cut my hair this short because of the scar, have you
» considered fixing the scar with fue?

well i normally dont cut my hair that short!!:slight_smile:

But not lot of people have asked me about the scar,the hair is already growing out!! the pic is more than a week old,i wanted to take better pics with my digital camera but that wouldnt have shown the scar clearly as the hair is already grown out.

Yes the FUE may happen into the scar but not in immediate future!also eventhough i like short haircuts i havent gone that short in a while,but it was good to see how my scar turned out which i think is pity good considering the scar from the first surgery was included in the repair scar to yield one single scar!

i want to make this clear that when i say that the scar doesnt show that much im talking about the longer hair length than the pic above ,i have never had my hair cut that short post transplant though i have gone to number two guard in the back with the scar showing slightly that is not being too obvious but as you can see at the shaved length it becomes VISIBLE so if you want to shave your head or go for short haircuts lIke high taper,high fade FUHT is not for you-- go for the FUE!!

Sometime down the line in the future i would like to get the FUE in the scar and then see how short i can go because i like short haircuts.
For me getting FUHT served the DOUBLE PURPOSE–taking care of the old scar and providing me with the repair of the old transplant in the front!

Hi Topcat,
how is your repair going?
do you still use concealer,is there a time frame you have in mind about when your repair will end if all goes well continuing these small sessions?

Hi hairlove thank you for asking.

My next procedure is in November and it has been 2 years since the last. I’m not really in a big hurry and too be honest I probably can only take it so far as my donor is limited and that would include body and beard hair. I can honestly say if I stopped right here the improvement for me has been huge and life is much easier. But I’m also the type of person that likes to do the best I can so I will take it as far as possible.

It basically comes down to evaluating the situation after each procedure and planning accordingly. I still use concealer but the amount has been drastically reduced. I am going to update my thread in a few weeks and I will have a picture of concealer then and concealer now. Even I have to laugh at how ridiculous I looked in the before picture but what can you do you still have to live life and I can’t imagine having to wear a hat all day.

It is so rare that anyone looks at my hair now and that does make one much more comfortable in their own skin.

» Hi hairlove thank you for asking.
»
» My next procedure is in November and it has been 2 years since the last.
» I’m not really in a big hurry and too be honest I probably can only take it
» so far as my donor is limited and that would include body and beard hair. I
» can honestly say if I stopped right here the improvement for me has been
» huge and life is much easier. But I’m also the type of person that likes to
» do the best I can so I will take it as far as possible.
»
» It basically comes down to evaluating the situation after each procedure
» and planning accordingly. I still use concealer but the amount has been
» drastically reduced. I am going to update my thread in a few weeks and I
» will have a picture of concealer then and concealer now. Even I have to
» laugh at how ridiculous I looked in the before picture but what can you do
» you still have to live life and I can’t imagine having to wear a hat all
» day.
»
» It is so rare that anyone looks at my hair now and that does make one much
» more comfortable in their own skin.

i will be following your updates.It was hard for me being a repair patient but with the kind of damage that was done to you, a person needs a strong head to keep the sanity.And credit to you for starting to leave the worst behind you with each new procedure,GOOD LUCK!

Thanks again Hairlove and I would agree it either makes you mentally stronger or completely devastates your life with many becoming reclusive. For me it has made me stronger and it’s not even so much about the hair any more as I have learned to live with it but I am also very grateful for the improvement.

If I can help others that is my main concern. I think many in the industry make it very hard to do that at times as it is a threat to their income including forum owners. But eventually the truth rises to the surface and when you lie and deceive people they find out in time.

You basically have 3 groups of people here, guys with hair loss some being very desperate, people that are here to make money, many thriving off that desperation, trust me they know you are desperate, and then the very few that would like to just help others. The guys making the money like to label them as bitter and hope they go away… Most that are new to the forums have a hard time figuring it all out but desperation usually gets the best of them as it is human nature and many of those making the money feed off of this desperation. Very sad as I can’t see myself making one dime from a bald guy I find the thought disgusting but I am shaped by my experiences.

I’m hoping to do something big someday to help change this but for now this I will have to settle for this.