HAIRLINE TRANSPLANT. Refining a good transplant with nape hair FUE-SFET–DR UMAR

Before Surgery:

1. NW 2,
  2. Unnatural hairline using Strip Method,
  3. Hairline too harsh for patient’s liking,
  4. Unnatural hairline

Surgery Performed:
1000 grafts from nape, around the ears and head hair area using FUE-SFET, “Umar Procedure”

RESULT: The patient says his new hairline is “extremely natural” and has received positive feedback on his “increased fullness” of his restoration.

He states, that his transplant is unnoticeable and natural, as no one can note anything “unnatural” about his new hairline, which is exactly what he was looking for.

Click here to see the video: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/strip-scar/hairline-fue-hair-transplant-softening-with-nape-hair-dr-umar/

The previous doctor did a good job, even though he lost more hair he still looked natural, no signs he had hair transplant whatsoever. Who did the strip for him?

The problem with nape hair is that its NOT in the permanent zone. I am a NW3, but at a consultation, a Dr. pointed out that I was receding at the back at the nape as well. If you look at a NW 6’s back, they clearly are receding from the bottom up. Thus, isn’t nape hair only a temporary solution? Would finer caliber body hair be a better option?

» The problem with nape hair is that its NOT in the permanent zone. I am a
» NW3, but at a consultation, a Dr. pointed out that I was receding at the
» back at the nape as well. If you look at a NW 6’s back, they clearly are
» receding from the bottom up. Thus, isn’t nape hair only a temporary
» solution? Would finer caliber body hair be a better option?

Actually, the answer to your question is widely known …

Over 20 years ago, I had 2 of my very first (small) strip HT’s. They removed (initally) the strip TOO LOW from the back of my head - and guess what:

Most of them have fallen out over time (years) in the recipient area (no joke)! Everything what reminds to those hairs is just a 1 cm wide (10 cm long) scar on the back of my head … :frowning:

good thickness… surprising with nape hair

good to know…

»
»
» Before Surgery:
» 1. NW 2,
» 2. Unnatural hairline using Strip Method,
» 3. Hairline too harsh for patient’s liking,
» 4. Unnatural hairline
»
» Surgery Performed:
» 1000 grafts from nape, around the ears and head hair area using
» FUE-SFET, “Umar Procedure”
»
» RESULT: The patient says his new hairline is “extremely natural”
» and has received positive feedback on his “increased fullness” of his
» restoration.
»
» He states, that his transplant is unnoticeable and natural, as no one can
» note anything “unnatural” about his new hairline, which is exactly what he
» was looking for.
»
» Click here to see the video:
» http://www.dermhairclinic.com/strip-scar/hairline-fue-hair-transplant-softening-with-nape-hair-dr-umar/

Nape hair has been used in many successful hair transplants, as these results by Dr. Umar show. The results speak for themselves! Check out these videos guys:

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/patient-videos/asian-hair-transplant-creating-a-soft-hairline-by-fue/
http://www.dermhairclinic.com/blog/hair-loss/bad-hair-transplant-scars-repair-and-severe-baldness-restoration-by-fue-bht/

Thats an interesting point. in fact, after reading this i started taking notice to different people’s nape hair region and it seems to me that most people recede from that area as well after a while…

it might not be as reputable a solution as we’d hope… unfortunate…

» The problem with nape hair is that its NOT in the permanent zone. I am a
» NW3, but at a consultation, a Dr. pointed out that I was receding at the
» back at the nape as well. If you look at a NW 6’s back, they clearly are
» receding from the bottom up. Thus, isn’t nape hair only a temporary
» solution? Would finer caliber body hair be a better option?

Did you even read the critique? Nape hair is not in the permanent zone of donor hair! All this beautiful nape hair you are transplanting will fall out in due time. I’d like to see what Dr. Umar has to say about this, and not his paid newbie rep.

Nape hair has been used in many successful hair transplants, as these
» results by Dr. Umar show. The results speak for themselves! Check out these
» videos guys:
»
» Follicular Unit Extraction Using 2500 Grafts ends comb overs
» Using Nape Hair by FUE UGraft to Create Natural Hairlines - Dr Umar
» http://www.dermhairclinic.com/patient-videos/asian-hair-transplant-creating-a-soft-hairline-by-fue/
» http://www.dermhairclinic.com/blog/hair-loss/bad-hair-transplant-scars-repair-and-severe-baldness-restoration-by-fue-bht/

In this context “nape” hair refers to hair follicles that are found below the so called Safe Donor Areas. This would include follicles in the peri-auricular (Around the ears) areas and the in the back where the neck meets the skull.

I have been using nape hair in suitably qualified patients in the past 5 years. The ability to use nape hair (Like BHT) is another advantage of FUE.

Nape hair is a little bit trickier to extract intact by FUE. Nape hair is more delicate and subject to transection/damage if the procedure is not nuanced to account for this.

I find a most compelling case for its use in suitably qualified patients with larger caliber hair that would otherwise impart a harsh looking hairline even when only single haired follicles are used. As a group this is a common problem in Asian patients whose hair caliber is the largest of all racial groups. Both of these patients had a hairline that was created by reputable doctors using single haired follicles before their nape hair procedures:

VIDEO OF ASIAN PATIENT RE: NAPE HAIR & HAIRLINE

Advantages of Nape hair:

1. The best hair for the creation of soft less detectable hairlines

2. It adds to the donor supply, hence saving the traditional donor areas to meet the recipient demand On the average about 600-900 grafts can be obtained form the nape area and the 1cm wide area immediately adjacent to the ears

After taking nape hair from all demographic groups, African Americans, Asians, caucasians, it is emerging that the nape area heals remarkably well.

IS IT SAFE?

This is were patient selection comes in. Nape hair is not always lost in baldness. In fact most bald men would retain their nape hair while some would even experience an increase in that hair. Patients who would go on to loose their nape hair often are the type that would develop very severe baldness. The nape hair loss is pretty evident on examination of such patients.

I had nape hair implanted into my hairline and temple points by Dr.Umar. It has been several years now, and the results still look great. I healed up very quickly, no scarring/white dots and I do not have the “wall of hair” look. Very natural looking. Nape hair is excellent for temple or hairline work.

Atticus

"IS IT SAFE?

This is were patient selection comes in. Nape hair is not always lost in baldness. In fact most bald men would retain their nape hair while some would even experience an increase in that hair. Patients who would go on to loose their nape hair often are the type that would develop very severe baldness. The nape hair loss is pretty evident on examination of such patients. " I have seen nape hair used way back in 2001-present it’s still growing strong. In selective patients it works out well.

» "IS IT SAFE?
»
»
»
» This is were patient selection comes in. Nape hair is not always lost in
» baldness. In fact most bald men would retain their nape hair while some
» would even experience an increase in that hair. Patients who would go on to
» loose their nape hair often are the type that would develop very severe
» baldness. The nape hair loss is pretty evident on examination of such
» patients. " I have seen nape hair used way back in 2001-present it’s
» still growing strong. In selective patients it works out well.

And where is the point of your quote? Lost in cyber space?

Remember, as Dr. Umar stated, each patient is individually assessed, and so Nape would sometimes not be a good solution for all potential patients. What must be not lost in translation here is that it is a VERY effective option for qualified candidates, and the results to those have been evident as seen in the videos.

As was BHT years ago, also at first rejected but now universally accepted, new advances in hair restoration must be seen as to what they are… a new approach.

The goal is to give patients with severe hair loss a chance for hair restoration, whereas Strip Surgery and other traditional procedures would not. FUE is setting this standard, and Dr. Umar is showing great results.

A patient must decide and really look into their options, and Dr. Umar, as well as other doctors, have patients willing to show results.

SunRay

» » "IS IT SAFE?
» »
» »
» »
» » This is were patient selection comes in. Nape hair is not always lost in
» » baldness. In fact most bald men would retain their nape hair while some
» » would even experience an increase in that hair. Patients who would go on
» to
» » loose their nape hair often are the type that would develop very severe
» » baldness. The nape hair loss is pretty evident on examination of such
» » patients. " I have seen nape hair used way back in 2001-present it’s
» » still growing strong. In selective patients it works out well.
»
» And where is the point of your quote? Lost in cyber space?