Hairline & Ledge Closure Results - Dr. Rose

This Norwood class 3 visited Dr. Rose and staff in early 2004 to rebuild his hairline and address his temporal recessions. The pattern seen in the pre-operative photos is common. The patient’s temples are deep and nearly meet toward his thinning mid-scalp, creating the appearance of an “isolated forelock” or “persistent tuft.”

Dr. Rose harvested 1,609 follicular units via the strip method with Ledge closure. The photographs clearly show that the patient experienced marked rapid healing in the recipient area post-surgery. This can be attributed to the patient’s individual healing tendency, as well as the minimally invasive tools used for the recipient site incisions.

As shown in the post-operative photos at seven and a half months, the patient benefited greatly from the transplant. Dr. Rose was able to build a flattering hairline and define the patient’s face with a relatively small number of grafts. Furthermore, since this operation was performed during the time Dr. Rose was pioneering his Ledge donor closure technique, the patient is able to wear his hair extremely short without exposing evidence of a surgical scar.

PRE-OP

DAY 1 RECIPIENT

DAY 1 DONOR

DAY 10 DONOR

MONTH 7.5 DONOR

I assume ledge donor closure is just another term for Triclosure?

» I assume ledge donor closure is just another term for Triclosure?

I think this fantastic work, both hairline and strip scar… Nice gong Dr Rose. I always liked Dr Rose’s work.

He is doing fue work as well and has worked with Shapiro as well, who is one of the top hairline docs out there…

Anyway, good good results.

dj

This is an excellent result from Dr. Rose.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Dr. Rose is doing some exciting work.

To Therapy:
Yes, that is correct. The Ledge is a tricophytic closure.
Dr. Rose developed his technique in 2004. The following year Dr. Rose and another physician – Dr Frechet – unveiled, for the very first time, their respective variations of the closure. Shortly thereafter, Dr. Marzola of Australia also presented a third variation of the closure.
Obviously, physicians and patients alike were quite enamored with the procedure, and many excellent hair transplant doctors have adopted the technique.
Dr. Rose has been able to take his already excellent strip harvesting to the next level with the Ledge closure. In many cases, patients are able to cut their extremely short without any evidence of harvesting in the donor zone.

IMHO, Dr. Paul Rose is one of the top guys out there. It is unfortunate that he is mentioned as seldom as he is. No fancy claims, or deceptive advertising, just excellent HT work, with MANY years in the field and corresponding follow-ups to prove the staying power of his work.
Also, well-liked by his peers, past president of the ISHRS, etc.

good scar closure i cant see it at all.
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» —

» good scar closure i cant see it at all.» » —

Really? Look at the 7.5 month photo, with the hair pinned up in back. It’s the brownish-red line across the back of the head. Scars at that age haven’t matured yet, one would EXPECT it to be visible.

FIT,

I believe the photo you are refering to is 10 DAY PHOTO/SUTURE REMOVAL, not the 7.5 MONTH PHOTO.

There is truly no evidence of scarring in this case at 7.5 MONTHS. That is the goal with Rose’s Legde work.

» FIT,
»
» I believe the photo you are refering to is 10 DAY PHOTO/SUTURE REMOVAL,
» not the 7.5 MONTH PHOTO.
»
» There is truly no evidence of scarring in this case at 7.5 MONTHS. That is
» the goal with Rose’s Legde work.

Oh you’re right, I confused the time labels. It would be nice, though, to see the last one up close with it pinned up, just to see as a comparison. Pretty short though!
My eye always “sees” a “shadow” of the strip scar when the hair is this short, even my own! I do not honestly know if that is my own “seeing eyes” or if there really is something to the change in direction of hair growth that occurs below the scar, relative to the hair above it.

Nice work for small amount of grafts. Does Dr Rose do FUE also?

I hear you FIT2B. Unfortunately, it is very hard to pin up hair when it is cut as short as the patient now like to wear it. I feel quite sure that the incision would go undetected unless the head was shaved to the nub.

Vic,

Yes, Dr. Rose does to FUE and has for several years now. He specialized in both strip harvesting w/ ledge closure and FIT. Expect a great hairline either way :slight_smile: