Hair transplant repair discussion and pictures - your input is welcome

Dear readers,
This is a repair case.
In 2008, a plastic surgeon performed a ?hair transplant on this patient.

Some interesting features -

1. Patient has very limited donor,
  2. An inappropriate hairline placement, and,
  3. Amaeturish planning.

Patient approached us in Feb 09 for repair. Here are some pictures

Feb 09 (before repair)

Repair plan pictures

The aim is to extract the inappropriately placed grafts, use them in a more conservative pattern. At the same time, 1) a small beard hair to scalp session and 2)scalp hair FUSE session were performed.

Your input is welcome.

The fact that this patient has only had one surgery, would he benefit from a scar revision and possibly gain some extra grafts? And what is the purpose of the black oval marking behind the right ear on the nape?

railroad tracks! Was the donor done using Triclosure?

yikes, that scar! Why can’t you name the doctor who did this?

I assume the beard hair is a test for donor compatibility, and I also would like to know why the recipient sites of the original surgery are a line of raised bumps.

Someone really butchered this kid but I think he has hope, good luck to you Doctor, please give the forum some more details on what you have planned, and explain the circle pictured on the nape of neck

Poor guy, he is only 1 year post op I bet he now looks 10 times worse than before he had the procedure.

» The fact that this patient has only had one surgery, would he benefit from
» a scar revision and possibly gain some extra grafts? And what is the
» purpose of the black oval marking behind the right ear on the nape?

FUSE grafts were taken from that part to rule out tendency to hypertrophic scarring in the patient.

A similar session was also performed in the beard donor area.
The healing was uneventful in both donor areas.

»
» Someone really butchered this kid but I think he has hope, good luck to
» you Doctor, please give the forum some more details on what you have
» planned, and explain the circle pictured on the nape of neck

In the 1st session the hairline was raised by approximately 1cm. All the grafts below the marked line were extracted.

Seeing the good healing, and the fact that the raised bumps were also gone at the same time, the patient chose to get almost all the grafts from his hairline. This was done a month later. The extracted grafts were transplanted further inside.

The following picture was taken 1 month after the extraction of the front 1 cm of the hairline.