Hair transplant, Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Hasson:

“If I thought that his results would be of a much higher standard than Dr.Bisangas then I’d go to Hasson. But if I’m going to get more or less the same results then Dr.Bisanga would be so much more convenient. Can anybody help me to try make a more informed decision?. Thanks”

-If you are just after the end result and dont mind getting strip then Hasson is the best surgeon in the world. There is no competition at all.

If you are looking at FUE then Bisanga seems to be at the top of his game in the FUE arena. I have not seen anyone come close.

» Hi,
»
» By the way my only concern now is hiding the after effects of my
» transplant, especially the redness. Anybody any tips. (i wont be having my
» head shaved at the front for my procedure)

Hi Boris,

Just to let you know that I had my procedure with Dr Bisanga yesterday. So far so good. 2333FUT. Im in a little pain at the back but have been out in town today so feel fine. The experience was no where as near as bad as i remember the last time. Phil Bell was really nice and made me feel very at ease, as did Dr Bisanga and his team. I am so far very pleased with the results but of course this is only 24hrs post op. I will keep you updated and hope that you make your decision soon.

Dubhair

Dubhair,
Hey! Remember your case, so how did it go? You had FUE then? Why not strip? I am still doing my h/w but the BHR clinic gives me the most confidence.
Cheers,

» » Hi,
» »
» » By the way my only concern now is hiding the after effects of my
» » transplant, especially the redness. Anybody any tips. (i wont be having
» my
» » head shaved at the front for my procedure)
»
»
» Hi Boris,
»
» Just to let you know that I had my procedure with Dr Bisanga yesterday. So
» far so good. 2333FUT. Im in a little pain at the back but have been out in
» town today so feel fine. The experience was no where as near as bad as i
» remember the last time. Phil Bell was really nice and made me feel very at
» ease, as did Dr Bisanga and his team. I am so far very pleased with the
» results but of course this is only 24hrs post op. I will keep you updated
» and hope that you make your decision soon.
»
» Dubhair

Hi Boris,

No, I did have strip. Got 2333 grafts. Donor area a little sore but apart from that everything is fine. No real swelling yet two days on. Will keep you updated but I think BHR was a wise move (apart from the fact that it is very cold in Brussels !!!)

If you have questions that may help you make your decision then feel free to ask.

Dubhair

» Dubhair,
» Hey! Remember your case, so how did it go? You had FUE then? Why not
» strip? I am still doing my h/w but the BHR clinic gives me the most
» confidence.
» Cheers,
»
»
» » » Hi,
» » »
» » » By the way my only concern now is hiding the after effects of my
» » » transplant, especially the redness. Anybody any tips. (i wont be
» having
» » my
» » » head shaved at the front for my procedure)
» »
» »
» » Hi Boris,
» »
» » Just to let you know that I had my procedure with Dr Bisanga yesterday.
» So
» » far so good. 2333FUT. Im in a little pain at the back but have been out
» in
» » town today so feel fine. The experience was no where as near as bad as
» i
» » remember the last time. Phil Bell was really nice and made me feel very
» at
» » ease, as did Dr Bisanga and his team. I am so far very pleased with the
» » results but of course this is only 24hrs post op. I will keep you
» updated
» » and hope that you make your decision soon.
» »
» » Dubhair

» Hi Boris,
»
» No, I did have strip. Got 2333 grafts. Donor area a little sore but apart
» from that everything is fine. No real swelling yet two days on. Will keep
» you updated but I think BHR was a wise move (apart from the fact that it
» is very cold in Brussels !!!)
»
» If you have questions that may help you make your decision then feel free
» to ask.
»
» Dubhair
»
»
»
» » Dubhair,
» » Hey! Remember your case, so how did it go? You had FUE then? Why not
» » strip? I am still doing my h/w but the BHR clinic gives me the most
» » confidence.
» » Cheers,
» »
» »
» » » » Hi,
» » » »
» » » » By the way my only concern now is hiding the after effects of my
» » » » transplant, especially the redness. Anybody any tips. (i wont be
» » having
» » » my
» » » » head shaved at the front for my procedure)
» » »
» » »
» » » Hi Boris,
» » »
» » » Just to let you know that I had my procedure with Dr Bisanga
» yesterday.
» » So
» » » far so good. 2333FUT. Im in a little pain at the back but have been
» out
» » in
» » » town today so feel fine. The experience was no where as near as bad
» as
» » i
» » » remember the last time. Phil Bell was really nice and made me feel
» very
» » at
» » » ease, as did Dr Bisanga and his team. I am so far very pleased with
» the
» » » results but of course this is only 24hrs post op. I will keep you
» » updated
» » » and hope that you make your decision soon.
» » »
» » » Dubhair

How do you even compare the 2. If you want strip you go to hasson if you want fue you go to bisinga. Each one is better for their specialty.

» How do you even compare the 2. If you want strip you go to hasson if you
» want fue you go to bisinga. Each one is better for their specialty.

With respect, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past three to four months and at the end of the day, i cant see that there is much between them. Would I be correct in saying that you have had procedures with both doctors and that is how you come to your conclusion?? Obviously, I can only comment on Dr Bisanga´s work and 3to4days on, the results are as I had expected.(So Far so very good, but I will keep you updated)

Hello dubhair,
Johny is expressing a view that is viewed by many people, i.e., hasson for strip, bisanga for FUE and repairs.
My personal opinion from what I have learned and seen in the last couple of months is that more and more the distance btw bisanga and hasson in strip is getting less and less. This was exactly the purpose of opening all these threads where Bisanga was at the center of the comparisons, btw. Devoyre in Brussels, Hasson, Armani, etc.

My own very personal opinion is that hasson is more conservative and you cannot go wrong with him. He only does strip cause he is excellent at it and has little interest in going to FUE. Bisanga on the other hand is bold, daring and even though newer on the scene, he has the potential to share his status. Beieve me, the results I have seen from Bisanga are very very good, and most likely better to come. I do have to say, Hasson is able to obtain about 20% more grafts, his incisions are bigger and he just seems to be able to do sessions of about +6000 grafts with ease. Bisanga on the other hand feels + comfortable with sessions btw 2500-4000.

As far as talent is concerned, I would rate them equal, its just that Hasson as been so much more time…

Cheers!

» » How do you even compare the 2. If you want strip you go to hasson if you
» » want fue you go to bisinga. Each one is better for their specialty.
»
» With respect, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past three to
» four months and at the end of the day, i cant see that there is much
» between them. Would I be correct in saying that you have had procedures
» with both doctors and that is how you come to your conclusion?? Obviously,
» I can only comment on Dr Bisanga´s work and 3to4days on, the results are as
» I had expected.(So Far so very good, but I will keep you updated)

» very very good, and most likely better to come. I do have to say, Hasson
» is able to obtain about 20% more grafts, his incisions are bigger and he
» just seems to be able to do sessions of about +6000 grafts with ease.
» Bisanga on the other hand feels + comfortable with sessions btw
» 2500-4000.

How do you know Hasson’s incisions are bigger?

btw, Bisanga has been doing hair transplant for how many years?

He has been doing transplants long enough to show hands down great FUE work using the 0.75mm work AND great strip work with minimal linear scarring.:slight_smile:

Who said hasson’s site incisions are big? I doubt it.:slight_smile:

JeepGuy,

By big incisions I mean that he makes them a big longer not thicker. I have seen some incisions of Hasson where he got in excess of 6000 grafts in one session where the start and/or end of the incisions was just above the ears if you know what I mean. I think they can be too daring but again if the patient agrees…

Personally, I think its a bit too risky to do this unless you are 100% certain that that particular hairloss on the sides wont continue, otherwise the scar could become visible eventually.

Bisanga has a long history, he started in the US I guess with some top docs, like dr. rose, dr. cole, then he moved to a clinic in Cyprus which if I am not wrong, he left and started his own practice by his own in Brussels. He has been in Brussels +2 years.

» » very very good, and most likely better to come. I do have to say,
» Hasson
» » is able to obtain about 20% more grafts, his incisions are bigger and
» he
» » just seems to be able to do sessions of about +6000 grafts with ease.
» » Bisanga on the other hand feels + comfortable with sessions btw
» » 2500-4000.
»
» How do you know Hasson’s incisions are bigger?
»
» btw, Bisanga has been doing hair transplant for how many years?

» He has been doing transplants long enough to show hands down great FUE work
» using the 0.75mm work AND great strip work with minimal linear scarring.:slight_smile:

all I can say is that all things considered I cant see that Hasson could have done a better job as Dr.Bisanga(although I did only have the procedure done last Friday, but at the moment I’m happy enough). They were very accomodating aswell. I insisted on not having the recipient area shaved. This meant the procedure itself took quite a while longer. I had forgotten how much of a pain the recovery stage was. I had bad swelling, but it only lasted a day and a half. I also havn’t really slept for the last three nights due to the donor area being quite sore. The only advice that I can give to somebody who is seriously thinking of doing this is to take the bull by the horns and do it. In reality if you were to sit two patients side by side, one of which had a procedure by hasson and the other by bisanga would there really be a huge difference. Believe me I’ve researched both these doctors(and a few others) almost on a daily basis for the last 4 months. It wasn’t an easy decision to make but I think both doctors do excellent strip work. I’m just hoping that when I go back to work in 20 days that nobody will be able to tell that I have had anything done. That has been my only real concern in all this. So if anybody has any tips on how to recover and heal faster please let me know.

Congrats Dubhair!

Boris you are correct about Bisanga’s work history. And to add to that Bisanga graduated medical school in Belgium. He is also originally fro the Congo. He has a hard dedication to the industry. He was one of the first doctors that gave me a 101 class in the theory of placing grafts… I’ll never forget that. That was back in 2003.

Dubhair,
I am very happy that you got the job done, you were lucky to book a date and also regarding that its so close to Xmas, if you would of gone to Vancouver it would of been 22 hrs to get there and 22 hrs return flight, plus the time of surgery, etc…
We are in the same boat and I truly think that we are so lucky to have a top doc at the center of europe.
I dont doubt at all the skills of H&W and their team, after all we always have to realize that they are the ones that have opened the path and have set a world standard in HT. The rest of the drs are in a way following his path. In regard to Bisanga, he has travelled a lot of distance is so little time… which means that he could potentially become better provided he continues to achieve his knock down results he has achieved in the last couple of years.

In my case, I know I am not travelling to the US or Canada no matter what, even if they gave me the surgery for free, its not gonna happen.
So I am left with little options, Europe or perhaps the new clinic that Armani has just opened in Dubai which I have heard is great.

Of course, if we move into the Armani arena then this doc has also special skills but I am quite concerned about his hairlines, he can spend thousands of grafts just on the hairline which can put at peril the rest of the coverage especially for those of us with a NW5 and above. I have seen some results of people with a NW2 or NW3 who just needed to have work done on the hairline and the results were abssolutely brilliant. The results I have seen give me the impression that the results of Armani can be the most irregular if you compare them to H&W or Bisanga, but if Armani does a good job then forget it, it will beat the sh%t out of anyone… But again his irregularity just put me off a litte, and I was not convinced about the hairlines…

Cheers amigos!

»
» all I can say is that all things considered I cant see that Hasson could
» have done a better job as Dr.Bisanga(although I did only have the
» procedure done last Friday, but at the moment I’m happy enough). They were
» very accomodating aswell. I insisted on not having the recipient area
» shaved. This meant the procedure itself took quite a while longer. I had
» forgotten how much of a pain the recovery stage was. I had bad swelling,
» but it only lasted a day and a half. I also havn’t really slept for the
» last three nights due to the donor area being quite sore. The only advice
» that I can give to somebody who is seriously thinking of doing this is to
» take the bull by the horns and do it. In reality if you were to sit two
» patients side by side, one of which had a procedure by hasson and the
» other by bisanga would there really be a huge difference. Believe me I’ve
» researched both these doctors(and a few others) almost on a daily basis
» for the last 4 months. It wasn’t an easy decision to make but I think both
» doctors do excellent strip work. I’m just hoping that when I go back to
» work in 20 days that nobody will be able to tell that I have had anything
» done. That has been my only real concern in all this. So if anybody has
» any tips on how to recover and heal faster please let me know.