Hair Texture

I didnt know where to put this question but i hope someone can answer it for me…My hair changes thickness like everyother day or so. Some days its thin and flat and others its thick and full and feels like im growing hair…Why does it do this?? It sucks now cuz its all flat and lifeless…when i change shampoos it does this sometimes makes itworse other times makes it flat…is there a way to make it always thick??? anyone suffer from this? is it the vitamins im taking…ultra hair? i use nizoral 2% 2 wice a week and tea tree shampoo 2wice a week…im on propecia too…

thanks

I suppose the general forum would have been the right place for this question.

The surfaces of your hair are made up by small cuticles. In a microscope, a hair looks sort of like a pine cone. These cuticles can open and close. Some cosmetical hair products make them open temporarily. When they open, your hair looks fuller and thicker. This is a purely cosmetic effect. Newbies often confuse this effect with regrowth. That’s partly why if you look through old threads you’ll find a million people saying that they tried product X and within days or weeks, their “hair feels great” and “looks better than ever” and it’s all growing back. Hallelujah. Unfortunately, it’s not real regrowth, so they are back a few months later trying another s c a m product, falling for the same thing again.

Real regrowth takes months. Hair grows from the base of the hair (the follicle) and it only grows about a cm or so PER MONTH. The base of the follicle is buried several mm down in the skin.

Maybe someone in the topicals section can recommend a good conditioner if you want that temporary cosmetic effect. It might offer some consolation to know that your hair is not “dying” or “sick” when it looks dull, small and lifeless. It’s just that the cuticles are closed.

Hairsite, I tried answering this post a bunch of times but could not because I used a “forbidden word”. I had to rewrite it time after time. It seems the illegal word was s c a m. Why on earth aren’t we allowed to say that word?

hairsite definatly has some dubious policies from time to time…

» Hairsite, I tried answering this post a bunch of times but could not
» because I used a “forbidden word”. I had to rewrite it time after time. It
» seems the illegal word was s c a m. Why on earth aren’t we allowed to say
» that word?

Great post. Thank you.

Hairsite policies are ridiculous, borderline insanity. Or maybe not?
The word “scám” seems innocent, but Hairsite could get lawsuits because of it. no?

so maybe its the laws that are ridiculous, not Hairsite…
anyway, Hairsite has proved many other times to be pretty ridiculous, so maybe this time isn’t excused either.:smiley:

» I suppose the general forum would have been the right place for this
» question.
»
» The surfaces of your hair are made up by small cuticles. In a microscope,
» a hair looks sort of like a pine cone. These cuticles can open and close.
» Some cosmetical hair products make them open temporarily. When they open,
» your hair looks fuller and thicker. This is a purely cosmetic effect.
» Newbies often confuse this effect with regrowth. That’s partly why if you
» look through old threads you’ll find a million people saying that they
» tried product X and within days or weeks, their “hair feels great” and
» “looks better than ever” and it’s all growing back. Hallelujah.
» Unfortunately, it’s not real regrowth, so they are back a few months later
» trying another s c a m product, falling for the same thing again.
»
» Real regrowth takes months. Hair grows from the base of the hair (the
» follicle) and it only grows about a cm or so PER MONTH. The base of the
» follicle is buried several mm down in the skin.
»
» Maybe someone in the topicals section can recommend a good conditioner if
» you want that temporary cosmetic effect. It might offer some consolation to
» know that your hair is not “dying” or “sick” when it looks dull, small and
» lifeless. It’s just that the cuticles are closed.
»
» Hairsite, I tried answering this post a bunch of times but could not
» because I used a “forbidden word”. I had to rewrite it time after time. It
» seems the illegal word was s c a m. Why on earth aren’t we allowed to say
» that word?

Had the same problem with the word s c a m. Between the censorship of words and the prohibition of linking to other forums, its no wonder there’s no traffic at this site. This guy has got to loosen up and let a free-flow of ideas take place. What’s the point of coming to a board when you can’t get all the information available?

» Had the same problem with the word s c a m. Between the censorship of
» words and the prohibition of linking to other forums, its no wonder there’s
» no traffic at this site. This guy has got to loosen up and let a free-flow
» of ideas take place. What’s the point of coming to a board when you can’t
» get all the information available?

Yeah, the “link ban” is incredible. I haven’t seen this in any other forum.
(well, this is the only hair-forum that I visit now, so maybe this kind of ban is also being enforced in other “hair sites”. Hair sites normally have pretty harsh moderators. I think it is parallel to the polemic nature of the hairloss industry).
Although I don’t like Hairsite, to tell the truth, I visited other hair-forums in the past, and they were much worse. I remember Farrel, moderator of HLH. He banned me for talking about masturbation and hairloss. Later I joined again, and banned me again immediately.