Hair Styles

Our patient today is in his late 30s and has very minor hair loss. We calculated the surface area of the frontal area where he wants his hairline density increased. HairCheck used together with Hairmes to calculate surface area provides an accurate figure for optimal graft numbers. His hair loss is minor and he should have very little future loss. Patients in his age range with minimal loss have the luxury of modifying their hairline in ways that someone headed to a Norwood 5 or 6 do not. Our patient is an actor who does not want us to post any photos.

As he was in surgery, he was watching the Jason Stratham movie, “Revolver”. I mentioned that we have had patients in the higher Norwood categories request the Jason Stratham look. We routinely repair strip surgery patients in order to create a similar look that enables shorter hair styles without evidence of strip scarring.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

WHAT? I have absolutely no clue what the picture is about.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by HMorHT[/postedby]
WHAT? I have absolutely no clue what the picture is about.[/quote]

Glad you asked. First we take photos of our patients area/areas of hair loss. Dr. Cole reviews with our patient the areas they want to improve with transplanted hair. Clear plastic is placed over the patient’s area of hair loss that was discussed and the area the patient is interested in grafting into, is outlined with a marker. The curvature of the head surface is a consideration, so the plastic is laid flat on a surface with a camera held parallel with the base and steady above. A millimeter ruler is placed on the plastic and a photo is taken of the region that was drawn. The photo is imported into Hairmes which is a hair transplant area and density measurement software. While in the software, we make the dots seen in the photo on the line that was manually drawn. Once we are finished placing the dots, we hit “calculate” in the software program and we get a very accurate measurement of the surface area in square centimeters.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011

i dont get it, u are making a template or mold in order to calculate how many grafts he needs, what has this got to do with hairstyles?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by hair101[/postedby]
i dont get it, u are making a template or mold in order to calculate how many grafts he needs, what has this got to do with hairstyles?[/quote]

By following a scientific, objective process to hair restoration as opposed to a subjective, wild stab, guesstimate approach, a patient’s donor hair is preserved, enabling higher Norwood class patients greater hair styling flexibility.

Optimal styling and hair length make a huge difference in coverage. Dr. Cole mentioned to me that one hair grown long enough could cover the entire head. Homer Simpson has two hairs on top, so his counterpart in reality wouldn’t need to grow his hair as long.:slight_smile:

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011