Hair Science Institute

I know that this has been discussed before, but has anyone even tried this process? The theory and science seems sound to a layman.

» http://www.hairscienceinstitute.com/
»
» I know that this has been discussed before, but has anyone even tried this
» process? The theory and science seems sound to a layman

I just looked through that briefly, and based on the “implant animation” it looks like this is basically a FUE that uses a tiny needle, assumedly leaving enough of the donor follicle behind to regenerate. According to the site 1200-1400 grafts cost 7500 euro (not to mention travel expense to the Netherlands). 1400 grafts might give good results on a Norwood 4 - 4, but otherwise you’re going to bankrupt yourself.

I’m also not particularly impressed with “For specialized treatments like …scar tissue, we charge € 500, - per hour beside a basic rate of € 500,”. As far as I have seen, most decent doctors make an effort to help lessen the financial burden of scar treatment…at the very least, charge the same rate as usual. To charge more seems opportunistic. Remember, he’s charging hourly rates…it’s not as though he’s charging on a project/results basis. If it’s harder to do scar repair, then you can expect less work to be accomplished in the same hour time slot as regular transplant, so not only are you getting less …you’re paying more.

Yes…it would be nice to retain the full supply of donor follicles. However…this does not seem like much more than a refined version of the current technology.

I remember when Coen Gho was the predicted messiah on this forum…that website makes me more than slightly depressed.

This seems to good to be true, has anyone here had this procedure as there is not many photos of clients on the Site.
I have been in contact with Dr Bisanga to go and have consultation next month when I move to Dan Haag but this appears a better proposition as will only be a 15min train ride away for me and money is not an issue, I just want the most natural looking implant available.

» This seems to good to be true, has anyone here had this procedure as there
» is not many photos of clients on the Site.
» I have been in contact with Dr Bisanga to go and have consultation next
» month when I move to Dan Haag but this appears a better proposition as
» will only be a 15min train ride away for me and money is not an issue, I
» just want the most natural looking implant available.

unfortunatelly the outcome is not about technology only. it is mostly about skills. if only there was a top doc who can do both :slight_smile:

ask for pictures and speak with a patient

» if only there was a top doc who can do both :slight_smile:

I contend Hasson and Wong are definitely top-notch. Wish I could afford a couple more procedures from them.

» » if only there was a top doc who can do both :slight_smile:
»
» I contend Hasson and Wong are definitely top-notch. Wish I could afford a
» couple more procedures from them.

Hello Mikie,

Did you have a procedure with them? when? how many grafts? were the results good?

I am tremendously curious about it. Was it very expensive? Their prices seem relatively affordable to me.

Please keep us posted (pictures of your results would be great by the way)

Thank you

» » if only there was a top doc who can do both :slight_smile:
»
» I contend Hasson and Wong are definitely top-notch. Wish I could afford a
» couple more procedures from them.

I doubt they do HST :slight_smile:

Why are people so negative on here? Is it because they have had hair replacement that hasnt worked or is it they havent the balls to put money where mouth is? This baldness shit is a horrible think and Im here to look and ask for advice so I can sort this shit out, not be told some some dumb ass comment based on nowt but a gut feeling. Sorry guys its winding me up the negativity based on nothing

It seems to me that very few people have seen Dr Gho and have any experience with him, so I guess that’s why there’s so little comment on the boards. If Dr. Gho’s technique really works as he says it does, then this is really something. On the other hand, if it does really work so well, why hasn’t he presented it to the IHRS and why hasn’t other surgeons adopted this method?

gjh001 - I would ring Dr. Gho and speak to him personally, and maybe try to tee up a visit. I would also ask him some pretty hard questions and request to see more photos (both the recipient and donor site) and speak to former patients.

I’ll try to speak to Dr. Gho myself too. I think we need to get the real story here (good or bad) rather than simply speculating.

History will simply repeat itself. Gho it’s a no go :wink:

» History will simply repeat itself. Gho it’s a no go :wink:

Hi Piperz, is this based on past experience? I’m just wondering whether it is a waste of my time looking into this. It seems to me that most people don’t have first hand experience with these guys. Not that I am naive or anything, but I like to keep an open mind and confirm things.

» » History will simply repeat itself. Gho it’s a no go :wink:
»
» Hi Piperz, is this based on past experience? I’m just wondering whether it
» is a waste of my time looking into this. It seems to me that most people
» don’t have first hand experience with these guys. Not that I am naive or
» anything, but I like to keep an open mind and confirm things.

Hi Leonard,

No, my comment is not based on personal experience so take it for what it is just a personal opinion on how Dr Gho operates and has so far performed in this field.

He was the one supposed to bring a revolution with HM but it all went like a lead baloon. In addition to that I think that his prices are way over the top and I find really disturbing the fact that he charges so much for scar repairs. He doens’t even have a reputation for being good with repairs.

Last but not least, if people here don’t post about the wondrful results that they got from Hair science institute there must be a reason.

You see Leonard, several months ago I bumped into the news that an Italian doctor (Pierluigi Santi) was developing a miracle cure for baldness.
I was naive enough to believe this crap. To this day there is not a sigle scrap of evidence that his treatment works despite national coverage in the media. It turns out that this guy was basically copyng what Gho invented several years ago.

The truth is in the results… indeed!

» Hello Mikie,
»
» Did you have a procedure with them? when? how many grafts? were the
» results good?
»
» I am tremendously curious about it. Was it very expensive? Their prices
» seem relatively affordable to me.
»
»
» Please keep us posted (pictures of your results would be great by the
» way)
»
»
» Thank you

Brother: No pix on hand to speak of, but I had a total of 3000 grafts, and it cost just a tad over $10K CDN.

The difference was night and day. Have a look at their book of patient snapshots and rest assured that they’re genuine.

And no, I’m not connected to them, as should be obvious since I’m posting from Tokyo.

I could use more, but will wait until HM is a reality.

In the meantime, go for it, pal! You’ll be REALLY glad you did!

:stuck_out_tongue:

» Why are people so negative on here? Is it because they have had hair
» replacement that hasnt worked or is it they havent the balls to put money
» where mouth is? This baldness shit is a horrible think and Im here to look
» and ask for advice so I can sort this shit out, not be told some some dumb
» ass comment based on nowt but a gut feeling. Sorry guys its winding me up
» the negativity based on nothing

Gho is a very good scientist, and his donor regrowth technique has been proven by an experiment performed by an independent clinic. The thing we do not know is how consistent his procedure is. Also, some people believe that Dr. Gho is a lot better scientist than he is a HT surgeon. So ask to meet with a few former patients before you sign the contract to undergo the procedure. Do not expect to get better results than the patients you see. Please be aware that the treatment is expensive and does not move a lot of hair per procedure.

If you decide to go through with this, PLEASE have someone monitor the regrowth in the donor area and fully photo-document the entire experience. You will be doing mankind a great service.

Will do Bond, lots of positives about Gho on google search but Ive got the patience to wait two weeks for ICX news. Thanks for reply and lets keep everything crossed its the news we all want so much.

» Will do Bond, lots of positives about Gho on google search but Ive got the
» patience to wait two weeks for ICX news. Thanks for reply and lets keep
» everything crossed its the news we all want so much.

The thing most of us are concerned with about Gho is whether he can place the grafts as well as some of the top surgeons that frequent these boards. He used to have pics on his website, and a lot of people failed to be impressed by his density results in the recipient site. I’ve asked him about the density issue, and he claims it is not an issue. But before I would go through with HST, I would want to see with my own eyes what the final completed work looks like. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words. But in HT, live patients are worth a thousand pictures.

The best HT in the world might be to use a proven surgeon to restore the hairline. This is more art than science, and getting it correct is the most important part of a HT. But after that is out of the way, you begin to run up against the donor limitation problem. So to complete the best HT in the world, it makes sense to go to Dr. Gho for filler behind the hairline.

There are a lot of people who say donor regrowth is impossible. But it is not only possible, it is proven. The difficult part is to get the upper 2/3rds follicle to consistently regenerate the lower third in the recipient site. Gho appears to have solved this problem. In fact, some people have complained that he solved it too well. IOW, often times with his technique, more than one follicle will regenerate in the recipient site per follicle placed. That is another reason why using another doctor for just the hairline might make sense. You don’t want the extra hair there (it’s too unpredictable), but you do want it as extra filler in back.

The following independent study demonstrates the ease of regrowing the donor and the relative difficulty in getting the hair to also grow in the recipient area. Gho’s answer to the problem is to soak the transected grafts in HM culture solution before implanting them into the skin. Some have reported that his solution doesn’t look any different from saline solution because it is a clear liquid. However, keratinocyte solution is also a clear solution, and that is the main ingredient in HM culture solutions.

http://www.tmsacnakli.com/download/Result_2004_Follicular_Unit_Multiplikation.doc

Thanks JB that is so informative.

Thanks for this JB … you are one very knowledgeable man. Do you have any more information on Gho? I am seriously considering seeing him. Maastricht is not too far from London. How can I be sure Gho has solved the hair thickness problem in the recipient area and donor area?

» » Will do Bond, lots of positives about Gho on google search but Ive got
» the
» » patience to wait two weeks for ICX news. Thanks for reply and lets keep
» » everything crossed its the news we all want so much.
»
» The thing most of us are concerned with about Gho is whether he can place
» the grafts as well as some of the top surgeons that frequent these boards.
» He used to have pics on his website, and a lot of people failed to be
» impressed by his density results in the recipient site. I’ve asked him
» about the density issue, and he claims it is not an issue. But before I
» would go through with HST, I would want to see with my own eyes what the
» final completed work looks like. Some say a picture is worth a thousand
» words. But in HT, live patients are worth a thousand pictures.
»
» The best HT in the world might be to use a proven surgeon to restore the
» hairline. This is more art than science, and getting it correct is the
» most important part of a HT. But after that is out of the way, you begin
» to run up against the donor limitation problem. So to complete the best HT
» in the world, it makes sense to go to Dr. Gho for filler behind the
» hairline.
»
» There are a lot of people who say donor regrowth is impossible. But it is
» not only possible, it is proven. The difficult part is to get the upper
» 2/3rds follicle to consistently regenerate the lower third in the
» recipient site. Gho appears to have solved this problem. In fact, some
» people have complained that he solved it too well. IOW, often times with
» his technique, more than one follicle will regenerate in the recipient
» site per follicle placed. That is another reason why using another doctor
» for just the hairline might make sense. You don’t want the extra hair
» there (it’s too unpredictable), but you do want it as extra filler in
» back.
»
» The following independent study demonstrates the ease of regrowing the
» donor and the relative difficulty in getting the hair to also grow in the
» recipient area. Gho’s answer to the problem is to soak the transected
» grafts in HM culture solution before implanting them into the skin. Some
» have reported that his solution doesn’t look any different from saline
» solution because it is a clear liquid. However, keratinocyte solution is
» also a clear solution, and that is the main ingredient in HM culture
» solutions.
»
» http://www.tmsacnakli.com/download/Result_2004_Follicular_Unit_Multiplikation.doc

» Thanks for this JB … you are one very knowledgeable man. Do you have any
» more information on Gho? I am seriously considering seeing him. Maastricht
» is not too far from London. How can I be sure Gho has solved the hair
» thickness problem in the recipient area and donor area?
»

All of the patients that I know of who have gone to Gho have said that that the recipient hair grows as thick as normal hair. However, not one patient has paid enough attention to the donor area to be able to prove whether the donor does or doesn’t regenerate. There are some patients who got the old FM technique who claim they got donor generation and others who claim they didn’t. However, none of them accurately measured it, so they are mostly guessing. Gho claims his new HST method provides consistent donor regrowth figures (the old FM was very inconsistent).

I would start by pinning Gho down on exactly what guarantee he puts in writing and what recourse you have if you don’t get regrowth in both places. Before I got the procedure, I would get some semi-permanent tattoo ink and have a tattoo artist place 4 small dots on your scalp in an area 1/2inch squared. This needs to be exactly measured with a ruler and as square as possible. A tattoo parlor will do it for cheap as it will involve very little work. After Gho shaves the area and harvests from it, you can take close-up photos, and the tattoo dots will give you an excellent way to line up the photos in a computer so that you can get exact hair counts. You will get an exact count inside the dots, and a fairly accurate count outside of the dots in the main heart of the donor extraction site. Tell Gho up front that you are going to monitor regrowth.

If you are not willing to document the entire Gho procedure, then I do not recommend that you get the procedure. You need the data in order to totally understand your future hair restoration capabilities. You also need to document the procedure for your own sense of satisfaction. Getting a technique such as this and not knowing whether it really worked or not will drive you crazy. Also, myself and others want to do our own hair counts using the photos you take.

You know well enough to see Gho and ask the tough questions. I would advise that you do not make up your mind to get a HT with Gho until well after your consultation visit. Do not sign a contract the same day you see him. You need to think about it for several weeks after you visit him so that you can make a rational and logical decision. Ask for a voided copy of the contract so that you can read it at home so that you know what you are getting into. He may or may not provide it.

Keep in touch with us at this site so we can continue to work with you as you move forward. Whether you pick Gho or not is not important. What is important is that either whomever you pick is the best person to do your particular hair restoration or you decide that HT is not right for you at this point in time. Please proceed with caution and give yourself plenty of time to do your research and think this over.

» Why are people so negative on here? Is it because they have had hair
» replacement that hasnt worked or is it they havent the balls to put money
» where mouth is? This baldness shit is a horrible think and Im here to look
» and ask for advice so I can sort this shit out, not be told some some dumb
» ass comment based on nowt but a gut feeling. Sorry guys its winding me up
» the negativity based on nothing

Amen Brother!