Hair repair (3200+ FUHT repair result) 16 mths follow up

Patient Nickname - Hair repair.

The patient first visited us in 2008. He had recieved a very bad and unsuccessful hair transplant at some other clinic 3 years ago.

Hair repair’s surgery and findings were discussed at http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-23970.html . (Please note there are graphic surgery pictures that may require viewer discretion).

He underwent a 3245 FUHT (+ 10 chest + 11 beard) grafts procedure in early 2008 to repair the previous surgery.

Since Hairrepair has depleted donor hair supply due to his previous surgery, the aim of the repair was coverage and natural look rather then density.In 2009, Hairrepair visited us for follow up. His appearance has improved remarkably. He no longer wears a cap and the hair looks natural.

Following are video and some pictures taken pre op and during Hairrepair’s repair HT
Pre operative video is viewable at the following link
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/uploaded_files/12_file27.wmv

The initial strip incision reveals one of the cyst (pointed with the yellow arrow) lying close to the edge of the strip.

Following pictures were taken when Hairrepair visied us for a follow up in 2009.

The picture of the beard donor shows the excellent healing, thus opening up an additional donor resource for hairrepair’s future procedures.

Regards,
Dr. A

I think this was the perfect choice for the patient. It would be nice to close and move forward temple points and add density but in the real world this is excelent work and documentation in my view.

»

Good Lord! this is a very noticeable HT… why are these patients not being being told they look WORSE after this obvious looking HT…

» Following are video and some pictures taken pre op and during Hairrepair’s
» repair HT
» Pre operative video is viewable at the following link
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/uploaded_files/12_file27.wmv
»
»

»
»
»
»
» The initial strip incision reveals one of the cyst (pointed with the
» yellow arrow) lying close to the edge of the strip.
»
»
»
»

If your intention was to scare people away from strip procedure then it worked. I don’t understand “why” you had to show us the strip of scalp and flesh being removed, but atleast now people can see what takes place during strip.

I agree that the after image of the gentelman is far more impressive than his previous look, but then again anything would had looked better than that look. When I saw the photos I thought it was all, if not mostly, body hair used. Even for body hair I would think this transplant is screaming “hair transplant”. Sorry, but I admire your honesty.

» » Following are video and some pictures taken pre op and during
» Hairrepair’s
» » repair HT
» » Pre operative video is viewable at the following link
» » http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/uploaded_files/12_file27.wmv
» »
» »
»

» »
» »
»
» »
» »
» » The initial strip incision reveals one of the cyst (pointed with the
» » yellow arrow) lying close to the edge of the strip.
» »
» »
»
» »
» »
»
»
»
» If your intention was to scare people away from strip procedure then it
» worked. I don’t understand “why” you had to show us the strip of scalp and
» flesh being removed, but atleast now people can see what takes place during
» strip.
»
» I agree that the after image of the gentelman is far more impressive than
» his previous look, but then again anything would had looked better than
» that look. When I saw the photos I thought it was all, if not mostly, body
» hair used. Even for body hair I would think this transplant is screaming
» “hair transplant”. Sorry, but I admire your honesty.

Scary movies come to mind!

Oh stop it, not these scary photos again :angry:

» Oh stop it, not these scary photos again :angry:

What I don’t understand is that posters constantly emphasize the need to be educated and to make an educated decision but balk at the realities of strip and the realities of the densities achieved in HT.

This series of photos highlights the danger of cysts and also the most that can be done with limited donor supply and a large bald area.

This is not Dr. As creation it is reality!!!

As far as using FUE or strip, htere are pros and cons for both as the educated poster must know.

this is scary Dr. A
i dont think anyone would wish that look for himself.

i know the body hair gives less natural look.
but dont u think that the arrangement of the follicles and a more harmonized angulation would have provided way better results??

» »
»
»
» Good Lord! this is a very noticeable HT… why are these patients not
» being being told they look WORSE after this obvious looking HT…

He is a repair patient and his hair looks fine. There will always be someone who screams and shrieks they dont like it and that is just something people have to deal with.

» » »
» »
»
» »
» » Good Lord! this is a very noticeable HT… why are these patients not
» » being being told they look WORSE after this obvious looking HT…
»
» He is a repair patient and his hair looks fine. There will always be
» someone who screams and shrieks they dont like it and that is just
» something people have to deal with.

I agree. This is a repair patient. And he is, no doubt, much happier now.

» this is scary Dr. A
» i dont think anyone would wish that look for himself.
»
» i know the body hair gives less natural look.
» but dont u think that the arrangement of the follicles and a more
» harmonized angulation would have provided way better results??

Dear Quarterhead,
This is NOT a body hair transplant case.

1. Before this patient visited us, he had undergone a so called fue at some other clinic. The before pictures depict the scarring, cysts and inappropriately transplanted hair.

2. The after pictures depict the 1st stage of repair. The patient’s donor had been severely depleted in his previous hair transplant. We have limited scalp donor to work with. Given that, the patient’s, and our, preference was to go for a natural looking, albeit low density coverage in most areas of scarred scalp.

Regards,
Dr. A

» »
»
»
» Good Lord! this is a very noticeable HT… why are these patients not
» being being told they look WORSE after this obvious looking HT…

Dear Vivace67,
Please read hairrepair’s original situation at http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-23970.html . That will help you appreciate his current progress.
Regards,
Dr. A

»
» If your intention was to scare people away from strip procedure then it
» worked. I don’t understand “why” you had to show us the strip of scalp and
» flesh being removed, but atleast now people can see what takes place during
» strip.
»
» I agree that the after image of the gentelman is far more impressive than
» his previous look, but then again anything would had looked better than
» that look. When I saw the photos I thought it was all, if not mostly, body
» hair used. Even for body hair I would think this transplant is screaming
» “hair transplant”. Sorry, but I admire your honesty.

Dear mj2003,
My intention is not to scare anyone away from either strip or fue.
It is rather to educate patients on the perils of going ahead with untrained HT clinics and doctors without first doing a thorough research.

Regards,
Dr. A

IMPRESSIVE! what a difference.

»

Dr. A, that’s pretty disgusting pics you have there, what if the cyst remains there and never discovered? Would it turn into a tumor or something?

» Dr. A, that’s pretty disgusting pics you have there, what if the cyst
» remains there and never discovered? Would it turn into a tumor or
» something?

Dear kk,
If the cysts are left in situ, they will gradually increase in size due to the increase in epidermal debris, inflammatory cells, hair keratin etc. The body will attempt to encapsulate it.

Malignant changes, chronic inflammation, eosinophilic reaction etc. are possible if the cysts are not excised.
Regards,
Dr. A

Please double click on the video to view full screen

12_file43.wmv