Hair loss?

I’m a vegan and I’ve been experiencing some hair loss which I think may have something to do with my diet. Does anyone know if I may be missing something that is linked with hair loss? thanks.

» I’m a vegan and I’ve been experiencing some hair loss which I think may
» have something to do with my diet. Does anyone know if I may be missing
» something that is linked with hair loss? thanks.

That’s possible , for instance Proteins are essential for the hair shaft.
Also that Cystine that occurs, once again in proteins, precisely in whey proteins.

Also you need to check up your minerals status (iron,Mg…) …check if you have a rich/poor minerals diet !

» I’m a vegan and I’ve been experiencing some hair loss which I think may
» have something to do with my diet. Does anyone know if I may be missing
» something that is linked with hair loss? thanks.

have you tried meat yet?

besides that I’d buy some multivitamin & asked at the pharmacy if they have some vegans supplements.

» » I’m a vegan and I’ve been experiencing some hair loss which I think may
» » have something to do with my diet. Does anyone know if I may be missing
» » something that is linked with hair loss? thanks.
»
» have you tried meat yet?
»
» besides that I’d buy some multivitamin & asked at the pharmacy if they
» have some vegans supplements.

I noticed hair loss at 18. I was a vegetarian then. I’ve been on propecia since 18. At 21 I became a vegan and noticed more thinning. However, I have since started eating dairy and even meat, and still am noticing more thinning. I’m 22 now. My situation might not help you. I’m pretty young, and maybe I would have lost that hair regardless of diet. Remember, it’s still thinning even after meat and adding avodart in addition to propecia. Paul McCartney does come to mind though, he had awesome hair up till his late 50s, and has been vegetarian since 30, and later switched to vegan. Of course, it’s from the great hair genes, but the point is that not eating meat didn’t hurt his hair.

I don’t know. Probably nobody does.

There is probably some kind of diet/MPB connection, at least in the sense that a very bad diet will probably worsen the MPB.

But over the centuries men have tried adding/varying/eliminating damn near everything possible in attempts to pin down exactly what is killing their hair. But no straightforward answer has ever turned up. At least nothing that modern testing ever bears out.

This problem is almost entirely genetic. That’s all there is to it.

Every new generation of young balding guys re-enacts the same sad scramble to try anything & everything to fight it. But they never find anything. If there was any specific controllable variable that reliably worked, we would have found it centuries ago.