Hair Loss Research & Shampoo

Hair loss research:
I think that if as much effort went into hair loss study as has gone into Aids, Cancer and Heart Disease research, we would have a cure, or at least a thorough understanding of the process, enabling more effective treatments.
I wonder if body hair follicles have the same DHT receptors as scalp hairs destined to miniaturize, but just react to DHT in an opposite fashion by growing thicker… or if body hairs don’t have DHT receptors but instead get growth stimulation from some other male hormone? Has research come to any conclusions on that yet?

Related to shampoo:
Young guys losing their hair are particularly susceptible to hair superstitions. When I was in my 20s, I used to paint cars for a living. I have washed my arms in acetone, lacquer thinner, enamel reducer, you name it. I have burned my hands with carburetor cleaner and Aircraft strength paint stripper. On the other hand, over the years, I have babied my scalp hair. My body hair (even the hair on my chemically saturated/burned hands) has grown thicker and my scalp hair has grown thinner. My wife has a low hairline and very thick hair. She has used shampoo all of her life. Nearly all hair loss in men is genetic. Rogaine foam and Hair Cycle products have helped my hair. For some guys, Propecia works best a limiting hair loss. If I go for a couple of days without washing my hair, my head itches and feels toxic. I would think, that if a MPB predisposed person stopped washing their hair, the DHT and toxins secreted by their oil glands would greatly accelerate their hair loss.

» I would think, that if a MPB predisposed person stopped
» washing their hair, the DHT and toxins secreted by their oil glands would
» greatly accelerate their hair loss.

“toxins secreted by their oil glands”??? WTF?

If you wanna talk about toxins read the label on a bottle of Nizoral shampoo. It’s a bottle of toxic waste.

There’s embalming fluid and loads of cancerous chemicals all mixed up in a toxic milkshake to easily pour on your head.

Start educating yourself before it’s too late…

The King

» » I would think, that if a MPB predisposed person stopped
» » washing their hair, the DHT and toxins secreted by their oil glands
» would
» » greatly accelerate their hair loss.
»
» “toxins secreted by their oil glands”??? WTF?
»
» If you wanna talk about toxins read the label on a bottle of Nizoral
» shampoo. It’s a bottle of toxic waste.
»
» There’s embalming fluid and loads of cancerous chemicals all mixed up in a
» toxic milkshake to easily pour on your head.
»
» Start educating yourself before it’s too late…
»
» The King

It is true that human beings rely way too heavily on toxic products, and these products can be extremely detrimental to your health (as an example, over a long period of time, they can trigger DNA mutations and cause cancer). OTOH, the skin is a natural pathway of toxin excretion. In fact, one form of detoxifying the body is to sauna so that you sweat a lot of the toxins out of the skin. Typically, the soap one uses to wash these excreted toxins off is much less toxic than the toxins themselves. Personally, I use natural soap with a low toxin content and almost no odor. Regular soap really sucks, and IMO, nobody should use it. But I also believe that not washing in today’s toxic world is a mistake because it allows toxic build up on the surface of your skin.

One element that is not being discussed here is biochemical individuality. As an example, I am extremely sensitive to strong chemical products and almost never use them. In contrast, the other poster can bath in the stuff with relatively few affects.

Baldness is a multi-factorial disease, and unfortunately, a cure is not as easy as simply stopping washing your hair. Doing so might actually have some form of positive affect for one person, but by the principles of biochemical individuality (at its heart is gene expression), another person could actually lose hair due to the treatment.

» Hair loss research:
» I think that if as much effort went into hair loss study as has gone into
» Aids, Cancer and Heart Disease research, we would have a cure, or at least
» a thorough understanding of the process, enabling more effective
» treatments.
» I wonder if body hair follicles have the same DHT receptors as scalp hairs
» destined to miniaturize, but just react to DHT in an opposite fashion by
» growing thicker… or if body hairs don’t have DHT receptors but instead
» get growth stimulation from some other male hormone? Has research come to
» any conclusions on that yet?
»
»
» Related to shampoo:
» Young guys losing their hair are particularly susceptible to hair
» superstitions. When I was in my 20s, I used to paint cars for a living. I
» have washed my arms in acetone, lacquer thinner, enamel reducer, you name
» it. I have burned my hands with carburetor cleaner and Aircraft strength
» paint stripper. On the other hand, over the years, I have babied my scalp
» hair. My body hair (even the hair on my chemically saturated/burned hands)
» has grown thicker and my scalp hair has grown thinner. My wife has a low
» hairline and very thick hair. She has used shampoo all of her life. Nearly
» all hair loss in men is genetic. Rogaine foam and Hair Cycle products have
» helped my hair. For some guys, Propecia works best a limiting hair loss.
» If I go for a couple of days without washing my hair, my head itches and
» feels toxic. I would think, that if a MPB predisposed person stopped
» washing their hair, the DHT and toxins secreted by their oil glands would
» greatly accelerate their hair loss.

notice how the cult monkeys from GIB
never address the logic questions you ask , like why can i put all kinds of toxins on my arms and legs and body and the hair never falls out, and my wife uses shampoo all her life but has hair like a wild animal

they cannot answer logical questions so they avoid them

notice how the cult monkeys, have no interest in natural hair products, or hair transplant, or hair multiplication or topicals or anythign else on hairsite , but they prowl the boards waiting for a post on shampoo so they can all descend like demented locusts to spout their insanity, only to be laughed at again and again

they enjoy being laughed at i guess

C’mon Hangin. What are Lawrence Cutsinger and all the other nimrods (Larry’s Sheeple) over at Lick My Sack going to think of you posting this nonsense? Cease and desist immediately.

Strange thread… but getting back to NT’s bathing in acetone, cleaners, carburator solvents… I too have had contact with these chemicals. Unfortunately… once I was changing a transmission filter on a ford taurus when the pan droopped on my head and all of the burnt fluid came crashing down on my scalp soaking my precious follicles. Nothing happened. I was worried. But nothing ever came of it.

» C’mon Hangin. What are Lawrence Cutsinger and all the other nimrods
» (Larry’s Sheeple) over at Lick My Sack going to think of you posting this
» nonsense? Cease and desist immediately.

Jtelecom, you think “Lick my Sack” is supposed to be funny. You can say whatever you want can’t you. Go cry to David now and tell him you have an owie.

:wink:

My sources tell me that Lawrence Cutsinger and his band of butt monkeys over at Pound My Crack are really becoming annoyed with your antics. Cease and desist immediately! I have heard that they have even retreated to the bunker awaiting the dropping of the SLS bomb. Do not approach Larry or one of his butt monkeys under any circumstances. They are scheduled to rendevouz with the mothership and be reunited with Marshall Applewhite and David Koresh. This is a Defcon 3 warning.

» » I would think, that if a MPB predisposed person stopped
» » washing their hair, the DHT and toxins secreted by their oil glands
» would
» » greatly accelerate their hair loss.
»
» “toxins secreted by their oil glands”??? WTF?
»
» If you wanna talk about toxins read the label on a bottle of Nizoral
» shampoo. It’s a bottle of toxic waste.
»
» There’s embalming fluid and loads of cancerous chemicals all mixed up in a
» toxic milkshake to easily pour on your head.
»
» Start educating yourself before it’s too late…
»
» The King

You guys are so full of crap it just blows my mind.

At the same time as making the futile argument that shampooing causes baldness (without any scientific background), you argue that Betasitosterol is a fantastic cure (again without any scientific background) and you refute any scientifc papers that disagree with your position. And don’t give me the crap that Betasis is the active component of SP because you will only make yourself look foolish (I have read ALL the research have you?).

Yes Nizoral’s active ingredient is a powerful and potentially dangerous drug, especially at high system doses, yet there is clear and reasonable science behind why it works to regrow hair. Risk involved yes, but it becomes a personal choice. BTW. Nizoral as a topical is far less dangerous than for example Lipitor, which is taken by millions of people.

Nizoral inhibits certain androgen pathways and also inhibits glucocorticoids; these like Estrogen have been proven to block hair entering the anagen phase.

Nizoral’s active ingredient can be used as a topical without using Nizoral shampoo; this is how I use it.

The Facts:

It is simple really; MPB is a genetic disorder with many complex and redundant chemical pathways involved in the process. It is unclear/unproven that shampoo is connected to any of these pathways.

» » » I would think, that if a MPB predisposed person stopped
» » » washing their hair, the DHT and toxins secreted by their oil glands
» » would
» » » greatly accelerate their hair loss.
» »
» » “toxins secreted by their oil glands”??? WTF?
» »
» » If you wanna talk about toxins read the label on a bottle of Nizoral
» » shampoo. It’s a bottle of toxic waste.
» »
» » There’s embalming fluid and loads of cancerous chemicals all mixed up in
» a
» » toxic milkshake to easily pour on your head.
» »
» » Start educating yourself before it’s too late…
» »
» » The King
»
» You guys are so full of crap it just blows my mind.
»
» At the same time as making the futile argument that shampooing causes
» baldness (without any scientific background), you argue that
» Betasitosterol is a fantastic cure (again without any scientific
» background) and you refute any scientifc papers that disagree with your
» position. And don’t give me the crap that Betasis is the active component
» of SP because you will only make yourself look foolish (I have read ALL
» the research have you?).
»
» Yes Nizoral’s active ingredient is a powerful and potentially dangerous
» drug, especially at high system doses, yet there is clear and reasonable
» science behind why it works to regrow hair. Risk involved yes, but it
» becomes a personal choice. BTW. Nizoral as a topical is far less dangerous
» than for example Lipitor, which is taken by millions of people.
»
» Nizoral inhibits certain androgen pathways and also inhibits
» glucocorticoids; these like Estrogen have been proven to block hair
» entering the anagen phase.
»
» Nizoral’s active ingredient can be used as a topical without using Nizoral
» shampoo; this is how I use it.
»
»
» The Facts:
»
» It is simple really; MPB is a genetic disorder with many complex and
» redundant chemical pathways involved in the process. It is
» unclear/unproven that shampoo is connected to any of these pathways.

»

thanks gc
curiously were you on the other things such as rogaine and other topicals etc before you started on the nizoral, what do you think was the main reason for the regrowth.
between your first and second pics what was your main regimen
I am on the nizoral 2 percent now the other stuff is hard to find other than my internals, here in the phils

» Nizoral as a topical is far less dangerous
» than for example Lipitor, which is taken by millions of people.

So what is your point gc???

According to your superior opinion Nizoral (a.k.a. Embalming Fluid) is safe, when compared to Lipitor, so therefore don’t worry about it???(as if that makes any sense).:no:

» » Nizoral as a topical is far less dangerous
» » than for example Lipitor, which is taken by millions of people.
»
» So what is your point gc???
»
» According to your superior opinion Nizoral (a.k.a. Embalming Fluid) is
» safe, when compared to Lipitor, so therefore don’t worry about it???(as if
» that makes any sense).:no:

seems widows is jealous of gc
hey widows gc regrew his hair, and you didnt
get over it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: