Hair loss progression

I was going to post on a thread below about this, but could not find a reply to
post on the thread. This is a very real thing that everyone need’s to consider
when planning a transplant. I started at the age of 23 was never a good candidate
but hey I was 23 and told no problem, we will give you a full head of hair.
Well let’s just say life went to HELL after that, I’m 50 now and still have[cente
r]have not found that hair!!! Even if you are a candidate you need to
plan for the future!! Most doctor’s will do surgery, it is very important you
have a plan for the future. You need to educate yourself, don’t be like me
and make a rash decision make sure you and your doctor agree on your future.
IT WILL AFFECT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU MAKE THE WRONG ONE. Plan,
educate yourself and pick a doctor with your best interest in mind not a payday.
Don’t lose the best 30 years of your life like me, I would not wish that on any
one. Your options are good today for a good transplant, but there always
doctors who will take advantage of you(people who will take advantage of you)
Chose wisely, remember it is YOUR life.

The vast majority of the hair transplant doctors aren’t interested in how a hair transplant will impact you later. They mainly care about how deeply they can get into your wallet. Just like the ice cream vendor doesn’t care if his product makes you fat, or leads to a future heart attack. Both are merchants whose main concern is sales, not good health.

The big issue however, is that people have long been conditioned to believe that doctors actually care about our well being, and their main concern is helping people. In the case of the hair transplant business, this has historically never been true. Hair transplant doctors emerged from the same category of charlatans and con men who sold patients “snake oil” hair tonics, vibrating combs, magnetic hats and other bogus treatments. The difference now is that they now have medical degrees. These are often the least-talented doctors who are drawn to less-complicated surgeries with no red tape from insurance companies (cash only!), the burned-out senior doctors looking for easier ways to make money, or the younger doctors who need fast money to pay off their crushing medical school loans. The majority of these doctors don’t deserve our trust. If they cared about helping people, they would be working in pediatrics, or with the elderly, or in low-income areas, or in cancer wards.

Instead, hair transplant doctors target tragically insecure young men with disposable incomes, and they use their insecurity as a leverage in selling them on a non-essential cosmetic surgery that only helps a small percentage of patients over the long term. The vast majority of hair transplant patients would not undergo a hair transplant again, if you could survey patients 10 years after surgery. Not everybody regrets their hair transplants, however, and even guys with hair loss “who did their research” are so desperate to find a solution that they’d rather “see the glass as half full” and they imagine that they will be one of the small percentage of patients who gets a satisfying outcome. This is why there has never been a follow-up study to investigate how satisfied former patients are… none of the doctors want the public to know the results of such a study. I would guess the number of patients who are still satisfied 10 years later is only 25%.

Hair transplantation surgery is perhaps the only area of medicine where the first-time patient is expected to be so well-informed that he can outsmart the vast majority of unethical or incompetent doctors. Can you imagine if other areas of medicine (heart surgery, brain surgery) were conducted in the same way that the hair transplant business conducts itself???