Hair line repair via CIT method - 12 months post-op video result

This patient came to our clinic in hopes of obtaining a natural looking hair line via CIT. The patient’s previous procedure left the hairline very “pluggy” looking and noticeably mis-angled by a strip (FUT) clinic. For our surgical staff to provide corrective treatment on this patient, a plug redistribution session was necessary. In this repair session, we removed large follicular units (2 to 5 hair), dissected them and placed them back onto the hair line for a softer appearance. Often times patients want us to place these dissected follicular units back onto their donor areas to disguise scarring.

Being very displeased with his hair line, the patient contacted us to arrange repair. The purpose of this session was to remove the large grafts on the hair line. The session resulted in the redistribution of approximately 170 plugs that yielded approx. 371 grafts for placement back onto his frontal scalp via CIT. At 12 months post-op, you can now see a more natural result after one day of CIT repair.

Repair can be more difficult to accomplish than a typical hair transplant session. Repair cases also may require more than one session to reach each patient’s goals. This patient retuned after 12 months to add single hairs to the hair line for a more softer and full result. The final result can also require up to 12 months to fully mature as the scalp heals and reforms.

We are excited to present another successfully treated repair case and look forward to seeing the end result.:ok:

764_file17.wmv

I can’t tell much difference.

I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well

» I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well

I see a fabulous change. Do u have more pix?

» » I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well
»
» I see a fabulous change. Do u have more pix?

What i actually meant is the difference is so slight,why bother!

» » » I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well
» »
» » I see a fabulous change. Do u have more pix?
»
» What i actually meant is the difference is so slight,why bother!

Hi BALDIE42 & forum viewers,

Attached are photos that show another perspective of the patient’s previous hair line and new hair line where large grafts were removed. Can you see the large mis-angled grafts in this comparison photo?

» » » » I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well
» » »
» » » I see a fabulous change. Do u have more pix?
» »
» » What i actually meant is the difference is so slight,why bother!
»
» Hi BALDIE42 & forum viewers,
»
» Attached are photos that show another perspective of the patient’s
» previous hair line and new hair line where large grafts were removed. Can
» you see the large mis-angled grafts in this comparison photo?
»
»

CIT,

You’ve made your point with no doubt. This guy chose the correct path this time!

» » » » » I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well
» » » »
» » » » I see a fabulous change. Do u have more pix?
» » »
» » » What i actually meant is the difference is so slight,why bother!
» »
» » Hi BALDIE42 & forum viewers,
» »
» » Attached are photos that show another perspective of the patient’s
» » previous hair line and new hair line where large grafts were removed.
» Can
» » you see the large mis-angled grafts in this comparison photo?
» »
» »

»
» CIT,
»
» You’ve made your point with no doubt. This guy chose the correct path
» this time!

Yes. This patient came back one year after the first session where the large grafts were removed. Each year, hundreds of patients come to our clinic to become “normal” again. Reconstruction or repair of a hair line can often require more that one procedure of concentrated attention to detail.

This type work can be thought of as “designer” quality as custom instruments and devices for hair restoration are used to create an end result detectable by few. One week ago, this patient came in to have approx. 900 CIT grafts to obtain a much softer yet full result on the frontal hair line and recessions.

» » » » » » I can’t tell much difference - I can’t,as well
» » » » »
» » » » » I see a fabulous change. Do u have more pix?
» » » »
» » » » What i actually meant is the difference is so slight,why bother!
» » »
» » » Hi BALDIE42 & forum viewers,
» » »
» » » Attached are photos that show another perspective of the patient’s
» » » previous hair line and new hair line where large grafts were removed.
»
» » Can
» » » you see the large mis-angled grafts in this comparison photo?
» » »
» » »

» »
» » CIT,
» »
» » You’ve made your point with no doubt. This guy chose the correct path
» » this time!

I see the difference! Looks so much better afterwards.
»
» Yes. This patient came back one year after the first session where the
» large grafts were removed. Each year, hundreds of patients come to our
» clinic to become “normal” again. Reconstruction or repair of a hair line
» can often require more that one procedure of concentrated attention to
» detail.
»
» This type work can be thought of as “designer” quality as custom
» instruments and devices for hair restoration are used to create an end
» result detectable by few. One week ago, this patient came in to have
» approx. 900 CIT grafts to obtain a much softer yet full result on the
» frontal hair line and recessions.

Hi,

It is the smallest details of a hair line repair procedure that make the greatest difference between natural and unnatural hair transplant results. This kind of repair is performed by Dr. Cole with more than one instrument. The purpose of the corrective procedure is not only meant to achieve a drastic change in appearance. It is meant to make the previous work appear in a much more natural fashion. This patient’s current hair line is more natural looking especially when seen up close in person. In these pre-ops photos, you can see that the bulky mis-angled hairs located on the hair line are very difficult to camouflage when observed with further review of the case. Notice that the previous direction of the hairs locate on the hair line and temples grow in a forward direction. This direction of the previous hair line showed that the formation of angles was too drastic for the hair line to appear natural.
Unnatural direction comparison with corrected direction

Before & After