H&W/NuYuInk Hair Thickening Procedure

So last week was the 2013 ISHRS Conference in San Francisco. I went to help present some surgical patients for Dr. Wong but I also spent a lot of time in the booth set up by Beauty Medical. Before the show I had our tricopigmentation tech, Carmen, fill in HALF of my crown so that all attendees could see a side by side comparison of what SMP can do for a thickening effect.

Great video, what’s your take on SMP for strip scars?

I can’t tell from the video but did you bleed during the procedure?

Congratulations on your new look Joe.
It would be great if you can post monthly updates. I am curious and theres nothing better then an actual patient advocate like you documenting the progress firsthand.
Regards,
Dr. A

What is the difference between tricopigmentation and smp?

Whyme,

I bled a small amount. It is a needle so there will be some bleeding but it was very VERY minor.

Stitch,

SMP can be great for strip scars. It isn’t perfect but it can make a huge improvement. Test patches usually need to be performed however since scar tissue is different than skin tissue. Most of the time the ink takes fine in scar tissue but it can spread in some scar tissue so a test patch should always be done then evaluated two weeks or more later.

Chris,

SMP is a generic term referring to scalp micropigmentation that refers to any ink pigmentation of the scalp. Tricopigmentation is a trademarked term referring to the temporary SMP by Beauty Medical and the process for application.

Dr. Poswal,

It was good to meet you at the meeting in San Francisco. I’ll update as I can.

Hi Joe:)

Quick question - do you know what the cost is for the procedure?

Good job Jo !

I believe that temporary SMP is indeed the way to go.

Sometimes I wonder why we did not come up with this before ! Thanks to Milena Lardi we can now offer multiple options to hair loss sufferers.

Bart

Thanks Jo. How is this working out for you so far? I assume the device contains needles in order to deliver the ink. Do I have to worry about my existing hair being damaged during the treatment? I noticed from the video that they did not use any magnification when they were working on you.

Hi Jotronic,
Is your SMP identical to Milena Lardi’s?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by chris[/postedby]
Thanks Jo. How is this working out for you so far? I assume the device contains needles in order to deliver the ink. Do I have to worry about my existing hair being damaged during the treatment? I noticed from the video that they did not use any magnification when they were working on you.[/quote]

I haven’t really looked at it much lately. I just style my hair and go but I’ve shown it to several people that have come into the office that are interested and they all say they are impressed. Because the needle only goes .5mm deep there is no damage to the existing hair and there is no need to shave either.

In the video, you don’t have an opportunity to see if any magnification is used so I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion. The camera is focused on my head the entire time and is not pulled back enough to show the technician. our techs use magnification at all times.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Amsterdam101[/postedby]
Hi Jotronic,
Is your SMP identical to Milena Lardi’s?[/quote]

Yes, we sent two of our technicians to her studio in Milan over a year ago to train with her.

Jotronic, I don’t see this mentioned on your website but based on your posts here it sounds like SMP is being offered at Hasson and Wong. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

Blu,

Yes, I can confirm this. We have been for a year now but we are slowly building up our portfolio of results and we are putting together a new website. It is taking time but we want to do this right so we are in no rush. Once it is all ready there will be lots of examples in video and photos to show what we can do.

I hope you will have strip scar repair cases on the new SMP site.

What’s the deal with this stuff in the long term? It fades eventually? How long? Does the color go wrong first, like with many scalp tattoos?