H&W HD Video Fridays/Dr. Wong/6121 Grafts/Two Sessions/Strip

We have had a few more inquires than normal lately with regards to transplanting into scar tissue.

So, we thought we’d present a patient from the past who Dr. Wong had repaired.
The patient had previously implanted synthetic hairs from a clinic in Italy that, over time, created a layer of scar tissue covering the entire front and top of the scalp.

With removal of the synthetic hairs and two subsequent follicular unit transplants, Dr. Wong was able to completely transform this patient and change his life.

To learn more about Hasson & Wong hair clinic and why they are one of the Top Ranked hair clinics in the world, visit www.hassonandwong.com or email info@hassonandwong.com , free no obligation consultations in major cities across US, Canada and Europe every month. 1–800–859–2266 or (604) 739-4247

Artificial hair fibers implant patient before seeking repair work from Dr. Jerry Wong

Video: please click PLAY BUTTON in the media player below if you are unable to watch the video in this post.
img/uploaded_files/1_file86.flv

Was that area totally bald before? The density is amazing if the area was really slick bald before the HT.

» Was that area totally bald before? The density is amazing if the area was
» really slick bald before the HT.

Yes, it was literally a “helmet” of scar tissue with maybe a few hairs growing but nothing that added cosmetically. I posted the photos before. I’ll see if I can dig them up again.

6200 grafts in the front third of his scalp? well i guess with the synthetic disaster is good for him now but when he looses the midscalp to the crown he is gonna be out of options and look odd again.

This hair thing seems more and more like a no win situation in most cases people should really start thinking it more carefully. How many times you have to go through strips in a lifetime chasing your hairloss!!!

Joe how many strips you had in the last 10 years,3 or 4?

» 6200 grafts in the front third of his scalp? well i guess with the
» synthetic disaster is good for him now but when he looses the midscalp to
» the crown he is gonna be out of options and look odd again.
»
» This hair thing seems more and more like a no win situation in most cases
» people should really start thinking it more carefully. How many times you
» have to go through strips in a lifetime chasing your hairloss!!!
»
» Joe how many strips you had in the last 10 years,3 or 4?

This goes against the conventional wisdom that it is normally quite difficult to grow hair in scar tissue, not to mention scar tissue over such a large area, my first instinct when I saw the before pic was that he should use Acell in conjunction with a hair transplant in order to boost the yield, I am quite surprised that Dr. Wong was able to pull this off with only 2 sessions.

» » 6200 grafts in the front third of his scalp? well i guess with the
» » synthetic disaster is good for him now but when he looses the midscalp
» to
» » the crown he is gonna be out of options and look odd again.
» »
» » This hair thing seems more and more like a no win situation in most
» cases
» » people should really start thinking it more carefully. How many times
» you
» » have to go through strips in a lifetime chasing your hairloss!!!
» »
» » Joe how many strips you had in the last 10 years,3 or 4?
»
» This goes against the conventional wisdom that it is normally quite
» difficult to grow hair in scar tissue, not to mention scar tissue over such
» a large area, my first instinct when I saw the before pic was that he
» should use Acell in conjunction with a hair transplant in order to boost
» the yield, I am quite surprised that Dr. Wong was able to pull this off
» with only 2 sessions.

You only see the best results from clinics. also you dont know how many years the patients spend in hiding in order to finally get an acceptable result. People are waking more and more to these realities the last 2 years…before the forums were all hype and hope.

Nowdays the clinics are getting so cornered that avoid hard questions that shows the truth about transplants, they know that one answer can bring an avalanche of arguments that they cannot fight back and their credibility will weaken, so naturally they prefer to avoid it :wink: .

But its our fault also we used to see the tree and not the forest before, people were against one or two doctors from these forums. the truth is this procedure is so flawed that without propecia and huge scars that go beyond the nw6 area the results wouldnt even have a chance to look good.

People are tied up to this and end up paying tens of thousands in the long run for something that never looks truly good without tons of native hair, carefull styling or ideal lighting conditions. so in the end most are dissapointed with how their transplant hold through time. Others are disspointed with how many times they have to go for surgery again and again to look acceptable.

I am all up for use of drugs to delay the inevitable because they dont leave scars and altered scalps but transplants its another game all together, with a transplant when things go wrong you can never jump ship without carrying the consequences of your choices for life.

My opinion stay away from hair transplants and wait for something better to come along it doesnt seem so far :slight_smile: