Grey matter

Do u agree that men who go grey early in adult life generally keep alot of there hair ?

» Do u agree that men who go grey early in adult life generally keep alot of
» there hair ?

Apart from Anderson Cooper, no.

It’s funny how grayness, when there is no hairloss, is never equated with a loss of attractiveness in a male.

Therefore Anderson Cooper is hailed as “sexy”, but if were the same age, with dark hair that was balding, he wouldn’t be considered the dashing “sex symbol” journalist.

» Do u agree that men who go grey early in adult life generally keep alot of
» there hair ?

You know, that is something I have noticed in some men, but not altogethor true in every man who gets pre-mature greying. The pre-mature greying from what I am told, is a genetic trait, just as MPB.

Two friends of mine began greying in their teens and now are completely white. They both still have a good head of hair, no MPB.

My ex-brother-in-law greyed in his teens but today is a Norwood 5 headed for 6. MPB is a genetic disposition so once it hits us, we will lose our hair even if we do grey early in life.

The only hint that could be brought in is:
Telogen effluvium is said to hit only pigmented hair. In other words, those very uncanny cases of “overnight greyings” are officially interpreted as a sudden shed of pigmented hair whereas white hairs are retained. One of the most famous reported cases is Queen Marie Antoinette on the night following her imprisonment. But I don’t know of an established connection with MPB.

» In other words, those very uncanny cases of “overnight greyings” are
» officially interpreted as a sudden shed of pigmented hair whereas white
» hairs are retained.

That’s exactly what happened to my dad. It didn’t happen quite overnight, but over a period of about two or three weeks he lost all his black hair. His white hair was not affected. His dermatologist told him it was a case of alopecia totalis, and apparently my dad’s immune system attacked the melanin (the black pigment) of his hair.
After about six months some of his hair grew back - but white, not black.

» » In other words, those very uncanny cases of “overnight greyings” are
» » officially interpreted as a sudden shed of pigmented hair whereas white
»
» » hairs are retained.
»
» That’s exactly what happened to my dad. It didn’t happen quite overnight,
» but over a period of about two or three weeks he lost all his black hair.
» His white hair was not affected. His dermatologist told him it was a case
» of alopecia totalis, and apparently my dad’s immune system attacked the
» melanin (the black pigment) of his hair.
» After about six months some of his hair grew back - but white, not black.

I wouldnt say that men with grey hair arent as affected by mpb i think there are just as many men with grey hair that are balding as well.

I just sought of connected it to the Cotsarelis news.

I just think that when they have gone grey all over and they have no signs of hair loss they seem to keep more.

» I just think that when they have gone grey all over and they have no signs
» of hair loss they seem to keep more.

Actually, it’s very rare to see a man who has a full head of white hair. Personally, I like the look, but it may just be that most guys in that situation end up dyeing their hair.