Grey Hair Sufferers - There\'s Hope

L’Oreal has been researching real solutions for grey hair. Promel (do a search on the Internet), a proposed pill for grey hair, was a complete hoax.

BUT, I came across this interesting post from another site. Looks like L’Oreal is testing a shampoo that actually reverses grey hair. Cool.

It looks like Loreal Paris made some testings according to their newest patent about premature canities.

Patent Number: 20070065389 March 22, 2007

Here is a summary from their patent:

0530] Examples of Compositions TABLE-US-00027 Hair lotion DNA fragment from chromosomal zone included 0.5 g between markers D3S1277 and D3S1285 propylene glycol 20 g 95.degree. ethanol 30 g water qsp 100 g

[0531] This lotion was applied daily to the zones to be treated, preferably to the whole scalp, for at least 10 days and preferably 1 to 2 months.

[0532] A reduction in the appearance of white or gray hairs and re-pigmentation of gray hair was observed. TABLE-US-00028 Treatment shampoo DNA fragment from the chromosomal zone included 1.5 g between the D5S2115 and D5S422 markers polyglyceryl 3-hydroxylarylether 26 g hydroxypropyl cellulose sold as Klucell G by Hercules 2 g preservatives qps 95.degree. ethanol 50 g water qsp 100 g

[0533] This shampoo was used at each wash, leaving it on the hair for about one minute. Long term use, of the order of two months, resulted in progressive re-pigmentation of gray hair. This shampoo could also be used preventatively to retard whitening of the hair. TABLE-US-00029 Treatment gel DNA fragment from the chromosomal zone 0.75 g included between markers D11S898 and D11S925 essential eucalyptus oils 1 g econozole 0.2 g lauryl polyglyceryl 6-cetearyl glycoether 1.9 g preservatives qs carbopol 934P, sold by BF Goodrich Corporation 0.3 g neutralizing agent qs pH 7 water qsp 100 g

[0534] This gel was applied to the zones to be treated twice daily (morning and evening) with a finishing massage. After three months application, repigmentation of hair was observed in the treated zone.

<<<<<<

» L’Oreal has been researching real solutions for grey hair. Promel (do a
» search on the Internet), a proposed pill for grey hair, was a complete
» hoax.
»
» BUT, I came across this interesting post from another site. Looks like
» L’Oreal is testing a shampoo that actually reverses grey hair. Cool.
»
»
» >>>>>It looks like Loreal Paris made some testings according to their
» newest patent about premature canities.
»
» Patent Number: 20070065389 March 22, 2007
»
» Here is a summary from their patent:
»
» 0530] Examples of Compositions TABLE-US-00027 Hair lotion DNA fragment
» from chromosomal zone included 0.5 g between markers D3S1277 and D3S1285
» propylene glycol 20 g 95.degree. ethanol 30 g water qsp 100 g
»
» [0531] This lotion was applied daily to the zones to be treated,
» preferably to the whole scalp, for at least 10 days and preferably 1 to 2
» months.
»
» [0532] A reduction in the appearance of white or gray hairs and
» re-pigmentation of gray hair was observed. TABLE-US-00028 Treatment
» shampoo DNA fragment from the chromosomal zone included 1.5 g between the
» D5S2115 and D5S422 markers polyglyceryl 3-hydroxylarylether 26 g
» hydroxypropyl cellulose sold as Klucell G by Hercules 2 g preservatives
» qps 95.degree. ethanol 50 g water qsp 100 g
»
» [0533] This shampoo was used at each wash, leaving it on the hair for
» about one minute. Long term use, of the order of two months, resulted in
» progressive re-pigmentation of gray hair. This shampoo could also be used
» preventatively to retard whitening of the hair. TABLE-US-00029 Treatment
» gel DNA fragment from the chromosomal zone 0.75 g included between markers
» D11S898 and D11S925 essential eucalyptus oils 1 g econozole 0.2 g lauryl
» polyglyceryl 6-cetearyl glycoether 1.9 g preservatives qs carbopol 934P,
» sold by BF Goodrich Corporation 0.3 g neutralizing agent qs pH 7 water qsp
» 100 g
»
» [0534] This gel was applied to the zones to be treated twice daily
» (morning and evening) with a finishing massage. After three months
» application, repigmentation of hair was observed in the treated zone.
»
» <<<<<<

I wouldn’t exactly call this hope. I would call this being a slave to the shampoo companies once again. If it actually does reverse grey hair, that would mean you would have to keep taking it for the rest of your life just like Propecia and all those other wonderful drugs. When you stop taking(BUYING their product) you go back to a miserable old grey bastard.

If I was to color my hair I would choose Just For Men. I saw how coloring your hair can change your life. Keith Hernandez and Walt Frazier did a play by play at a bar and it clearly showed the guy who used Just For Men got laid while the grey haired guy got shot down for looking too grey and old. I know Just For Men has SLS in it but I would have no problem using it strictly as a tool to get younger women to shag every now and then. I know Lawrence my leader hasn’t shampooed in years and he doesn’t have a single grey hair and he’s in his 60’s I believe. That appears to be the natural way to rid of grey hair. Lawrence also claims the longer you are sudless the greater chances of your natural hair color returning.

This kind of explanation seems all BS to me. My brother shampooes every… month maybe whereas I do every 5 days or so and his grey appeared rather a little earlier than mine but roughly at the same age and same area of the scalp. Plus if so, since those “no shampoo” dark haired guys wash their faces and shave (or are they that grungy?) they should get white beard all the same. Do they? I guess they don’t either.

» This kind of explanation seems all BS to me. My brother shampooes every…
» month maybe whereas I do every 5 days or so and his grey appeared rather a
» little earlier than mine but roughly at the same age and same area of the
» scalp. Plus if so, since those “no shampoo” dark haired guys wash their
» faces and shave (or are they that grungy?) they should get white beard all
» the same. Do they? I guess they don’t either.

I cant see this working so ill believe it when i see it.

» I cant see this working so ill believe it when i see it.`

Hey Johnny. You had HT with Armani. Were you happy with the guy? What norwood # were you before op and now post op? Does 1.25 proscar allow you to retain the other hair?