Green/black tea (Caffeine or polyphenols) ?!

I heard drinking green / black helps hair loss
Why?
Is because it has Caffeine (that hits at DHT) OR because it has polyphenols
(that inhibits the production pgd2 I-COX2)
?!

I believe the most significant factor would be the caffeine in the green/black tea, but the polyphenols could also be contributing to healthy hair growth. According to an article I found, a study was done that showed caffeine working by blocking the effects of DHT (which damages the hair follicles and contributes to MPB)There is also research going into coffee applied topically. “In January last year a study was carried out and published in the International Journal of Dermatology. The study involved hair follicles being removed from balding men and cultured (artificially grown) in a lab. All the follicles were exposed to testosterone and some were also exposed to caffeine. The hair growth from follicles exposed to testosterone was significantly reduced (as is the case with follicles affected by Male Pattern Hair Loss) whereas not only did caffeine seem to prevent testosterone from negatively affecting hair growth, but it also stimulated growth of the hair.” (Belgravia
References for caffeine:
Centre)Coffee Hair Growth Benefits

I have also found studies that show polyphenols extracted from apples can promote increased hair growth and hair diameter.
References for polyphenols: http://www.howskincarebeauty.com/archives/20130308/apple-polyphenols-and-hair-loss.html#.Ucskgfl_68A

Quite interesting. Good luck!

What about all this news I’ve been hearing about caffeine used topically blocking DHT? There are some caffeine shampoos out there now.

There is some research/data to support that applying caffeine topically not only aids in blocking DHT, but that it also stimulates new growth. Some say that caffeine in shampoo is not easily absorbed by the scalp…so, caffeine down the drain.

Going back to the drinking of coffee and blocking of DHT: Be wary! Drinking an excess of coffee per day can actually increase hair loss. I would stick with a cup or two a day.