Great News from Follica

» I disagree. I’ll be very surprised if something that messes with the WNT
» pathway that is implicated in cancer formation doesn’t require FDA
» approval. I guess we’ll see in time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t it Follica themselves that originally said they were sure that they would not need FDA approval for their procedure? that is why they are saying they can get it on the market so fast.

» Come on in here and tell us you know somebody at Follica and that theyv’e
» already had human trials and it will be available by August or
» something!!:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :clap:

I think the dude was an ICX guy only since he had probably owns many shares of ICX and Follica isn’t a publicly traded company as far as I know.:wink:

“…You do that everytime you scratch yourself…”

Now, now, Benji. Let’s try and be adults here. Let’s not go down that “pathway”. :wink: I’m just trying to have a discussion. Let’s just stick to the discussion, shall we?

If as you say in another thread, they don’t even mention WNT in their patent, then that obviously changes things (from my perspective).

But even if that’s the case, based on the success of past therapies, including those that were “sure things”, I think Follica has much to prove and overcome before it will be available. I think this “within 3 years” is very optimistic thinking (I don’t think you ever said that. I’ve just seen it thrown around and attributed to Follica. But I don’t think it means anything).

Based on the past history of every other hair treatment that has ever existed, I think Follica is likely to encounter problems with consistency. Obviously I hope it works and hope it’s here sooner. I just think they need to do testing on actual humans. And actually provide data that shows it works well (which ICX has yet to do). Hopefully it will happen soon.

The mad-like people ready to do such experimentations at home are outliers and therefore not taken into consideration.

This patent means that they are monoplizing this process and procedure for commercial purposes and this what they care about it, the Billions $$$ are there : they need to protect themselves from other companies…thats the bottom line…everything else does not matter.they mentionned everything explicitly because they wanted that legal protection for that specific composition.they could have done it the mysterious way but in that case they would have done it at their own risk…thats a gamble in the case someone else else can come up and do a patent for that same process but in a specific way…thats about legal breaches .

On a different note …I wont be allowing myself to expect that much from follica, I had my share of disappointment from Intercytex, although I sincerely wish it achieves the hoped results… I could conisder HT…

So, would you say this is simply an amalgamation of what is has already been understood to promote hair growth applied to a slight wound? I thought stem cells served as the basis for their solution.

Also, for those that have had a hair transplant and experience mild scarring along the hairline, as well as the score in the donor area (last transplant about 14 years ago), do you think this treatment will promote healing?

» Also, for those that have had a hair transplant and experience mild
» scarring along the hairline, as well as the score in the donor area (last
» transplant about 14 years ago), do you think this treatment will promote
» healing?

The biggest obstacle with proper healing is depth of the wound, the deeper the wound the bad it heals because your body’s priority is survival, so in an effort to stop blood loss it tries to fill it up with collagen - which basically is the scar tissue. This is why chemical peels work because they create controlled wounds allowing your body time to properly heal.

For HTs, the wound probably is deep - it goes down into the dermal layer so its hard to say at this point if chemical peels etc would heal it. If you shave your head you can try mild chemical peel on your scalp every weekend (requires no downtime) and maybe after 2-3 months your skin would be in much better shape!

» “…You do that everytime you scratch yourself…” YOU DO ACTIVATE WNT WHEN YOU SCRATCH YOURSELF, ITS PART OF THE HEALING PROCESS»
» Now, now, Benji. Let’s try and be adults here. Let’s not go down that
» “pathway”. :wink: I’m just trying to have a discussion. Let’s just stick
» to the discussion, shall we?
»
» If as you say in another thread, they don’t even mention WNT in their
» patent, then that obviously changes things (from my perspective).
»
» But even if that’s the case, based on the success of past therapies,
» including those that were “sure things”, I think Follica has much to prove
» and overcome before it will be available. I think this “within 3 years” is
» very optimistic thinking (I don’t think you ever said that. I’ve just seen
» it thrown around and attributed to Follica. But I don’t think it means
» anything). DR. NANCY SNYDERMAN, CHIEF MEDICAL CORRESPONDENT OF NBC NEWS SAID THAT, NOT ME»

» Based on the past history of every other hair treatment that has ever
» existed, I think Follica is likely to encounter problems with consistency.
» Obviously I hope it works and hope it’s here sooner. I just think they
» need to do testing on actual humans. And actually provide data that shows
» it works well (which ICX has yet to do). Hopefully it will happen soon.

In regards to the concerns about shiny-bald skin versus skin with thinned hair still growing -

Existing HT doctors transplant grafts into shiny-bald skin all the time with decent survival rates. They might spread the transformation out over two sessions sometimes, but the shiny-bald skin is basically able to regain its pre-MPB state when enough healthy grafts are stuck into it.

So,

Even if the Follica method ends up with diminished regrowth potential in shiny-bald skin, I don’t see why you couldn’t just get a sparse scattering of FUE grafts into a shiny-bald area, and THEN employ the Follica method to thicken it all up.

(Limited donor supply for this idea . . . what limited donor supply? Follica’s method would basically mean HM is real. And you probably wouldn’t have to totally dense-pack a shiny-bald area with HT grafts just to make the skin revert. Probably just a mild scattering of grafts over a given area would be enough.)

so who’s going to mix together their own follica brew and try it out?

If I could get access to the real legit chemicals in the patent, I might try it.