Going to Dr, Arvind for 5th surgery

Although I follow the forums it has been some time since I have posted. I will be traveling to India next week for my fifth surgery (3rd with Dr. Arvind). Have a look through past posts and you can see my progress to date. I will be posting Monday; I would like to hear your thoughts on the best approach. This surgery will use both body hair and scalp donor to fill in hairline and frontal 2/3’s and implant beard hairs into strip scar.

I wanted to again thank all members and especially the moderator for a great site

I saw your pictures, how come you are still not done after 4 times to India? How many years has it been since your 1st trip to India?

» I saw your pictures, how come you are still not done after 4 times to
» India? How many years has it been since your 1st trip to India?

I believe this will be youngmans third procedure with Dr Arvind.

You’ve come along way youngman, best to you! Look forward to updates.

My surgeries have went as follows

Age 17 1000 grafts from a shack with a butcher that called themselves a hair transplant clinic

Age 20 1000 grafts MHR in Philadelphia

Age 21 2000 strip grafts with Dr. Arvind

Age 24 3000 grafts combo of body and scalp fuse and strip

Age 26…This surgery will be about 2000 grafts.

It has taken so long becaue of lack in funds to have large procedures done at one time.

» My surgeries have went as follows
»
» Age 17 1000 grafts from a shack with a butcher that called themselves a
» hair transplant clinic
»
» Age 20 1000 grafts MHR in Philadelphia
»
» Age 21 2000 strip grafts with Dr. Arvind
»
» Age 24 3000 grafts combo of body and scalp fuse and strip
»
» Age 26…This surgery will be about 2000 grafts.
»
» It has taken so long becaue of lack in funds to have large procedures done
» at one time.

OMG, I feel sorry for you, this ordeal has been going on for a decade?!

sounds like russian roulette

» » My surgeries have went as follows
» »
» » Age 17 1000 grafts from a shack with a butcher that called themselves a
» » hair transplant clinic
» »
» » Age 20 1000 grafts MHR in Philadelphia
» »
» » Age 21 2000 strip grafts with Dr. Arvind
» »
» » Age 24 3000 grafts combo of body and scalp fuse and strip
» »
» » Age 26…This surgery will be about 2000 grafts.
» »
» » It has taken so long becaue of lack in funds to have large procedures
» done
» » at one time.
»
» OMG, I feel sorry for you, this ordeal has been going on for a decade?!

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that everything has been working out great for you. Post pictures whenever you have time.

Isn’t there some possible legal recourse for getting transplanted at 17 years old?

I wish there was. The surgery was as bad as some of the horror stories you have seen on this site and to think I was just in High School. It was my fault for being young and stupid but at the same time it sucks to see that there are people in this world with absolutely zero ethics.

As for my surgery with Dr. A
I have completed my second day or surgery and will be traveling back to the states. The surgery went great and I am thrilled with the new hair line. The first day was 1440 grafts, 930 from scalp, 180 from chest and 330 from beard. The single hair scalp grafts were placed into the hairline, the hairline was lowered slightly and the temples closed off. The remaining grafts were used to fill in thinning areas of the frontal 2/3’s.
The second day was 1007 grafts all from the beard. 970 of these were placed into my two strip scars…I can’t wait to see the results. On my last visit here we placed a few beard and body hair in the scar to test ad they grew so I am really hoping all or most of these beard grafts take. The remaining beard grafts were placed just forward of the crown. Dr A has all of the pictures and I am sure he will upload them when he has a minute.

I once again can’t say enough good things about Dr. A and his staff. He is a great surgeon and even a better person.
This time I stayed at the Intercontinental and I would recommend to anyone coming here for a procedure to stay here. It is absolutely beautiful, 5 minutes from the clinic and only about $150 a night.

I am always here to help so please anyone who plans on making the trip to India please let me know and I can try and answer any questions or concerns you may have.

I am also available to meet in person. I live in the North East of the states but travel quite frequently both domestically and internationally.

Thanks Hairsite!!

» Isn’t there some possible legal recourse for getting transplanted at 17
» years old?

This was a picture taken during youngman’s recent visit.

The beard hair can be seen growing in the scar tissue.

This picture shows comparison between transplanted beard hair and patient’s own scalp hair.

» The second day was 1007 grafts all from the beard. 970 of these were
» placed into my two strip scars…I can’t wait to see the results.

I am thinking of using beard grafts for my strip scar too, it appears that it is the most robust among all body hair grafts. Good luck, i can’t wait to see how it turns out for your strip scars.

Hello
Back into the states.
I wanted to add a personal thank you t Dr. Ruby. I was fortunate that on one of my surgery days she didnt have a case and was able to oversee my surgery along with DR.Arvind.
Dr. Ruby is just great and I would recommened her to anyone on this forum.

Remember any questions just ask…That is what the boards are for right

Thanks

Can I ask roughly how much you have spent in total since you started? I am tempted to do it but it sounds like people never really just end with 1 procedure. I want to know how much I have to be willing to part with over a 10-year, approximately.

I have speant about 30 thousand dollars. It is extremley allot of moneyfor me…remember I started at 17 and was all from money I saved just for these pocedures.

My advice for anyone with extensive hair loss and a budget would be go for a massive strip 5,000-6,000 grafts. Depeding on who you go to this can cost between $6,000-$30,0000. I would then go for a follow up session of FUE (2,000-2,500 grafts)to place in scars and touch up whereever need be. This amount of grafts should be suitable coverage for any norwood 5-6.

I will use Dr. Arvinds pricing becausee he is whom I am most familar with

5,000 FUHT (stip grafts) =$5,750

2500 fuse =$10,000

$15,750 to have hair and theconfidence that goes along with it is a fair deal. I would much rather drive a $15,000 car have a head of hair then drive a $30,000 car ad be depressed eerytime I look in the mirror or go out in public

» I have speant about 30 thousand dollars. It is extremley allot of moneyfor
» me…remember I started at 17 and was all from money I saved just for these
» pocedures.
»
» My advice for anyone with extensive hair loss and a budget would be go for
» a massive strip 5,000-6,000 grafts. Depeding on who you go to this can
» cost between $6,000-$30,0000. I would then go for a follow up session of
» FUE (2,000-2,500 grafts)to place in scars and touch up whereever need be.
» This amount of grafts should be suitable coverage for any norwood 5-6.
»
» I will use Dr. Arvinds pricing becausee he is whom I am most familar with
»
»
» 5,000 FUHT (stip grafts) =$5,750
»
» 2500 fuse =$10,000
»
» $15,750 to have hair and theconfidence that goes along with it is a fair
» deal. I would much rather drive a $15,000 car have a head of hair then
» drive a $30,000 car ad be depressed eerytime I look in the mirror or go out
» in public

So it looks like Dr. Arvind charges about $1 per graft for strip which I think is a very sweet deal. But His FUE is $4 per graft? I think that is very high, that’s 4 times as much as strip. If you factor in the airfare to India, then it is not all that cheap having FUE with Arvind unlesss you are able to do everything all in 1 trip and never have to bother with hair transplant again.