GHI Patient Update 3948 FUE 8 Months Post

This patient came to us to recreate his frontal third and increase the density throughout the scalp. We transplanted 3948 .75mm FUE grafts. Here are his updated photos. Pay particular attention to his new crown.

» This patient came to us to recreate his frontal third and increase the
» density throughout the scalp. We transplanted 3948 .75mm FUE grafts. Here
» are his updated photos. Pay particular attention to his new crown.
»

It looks good GHI. Not only does it look good, many clinics have not achieved this result over the past 5/6 years FUE has been around showing this shaved look. I don’t particularly see a ridging or pitting. The sites created are natural. And what needs to be highlighted here is the 0.75mm punch.

I think this result has been posted before or am i wrong?

Its obvious it looks amazing!!!I have 1 questions only

1. Did the patient started using propecia after the procedure or just before because the crown looks amazing and natural as if there is thickening from propecia as well

Here are some additional magnified photos of his case.

Hair Line Design

We were able to select the softest, finer hairs from his donor to recreate a natural hair line. This one of the benefits of FUE, we are able to epand the donor region to incorporate the softer hairs from regions other than the most central portion of the donor. This is why some strip cases appear obvious. The single hairs used for the frontal hair line come from an area in the donor with thicker, darker hair shafts.

Mid-Frontal Forelock, Vertex, Crown

Notice the difference the caliber of the hairs in these photos. You can see the hairs responding to Propecia are beginning to become thicker, coarser.

Donor

We have a difficult time finding the areas we harvested the 3948 FUE. It appears the only indication from the procedure is the spacing in the donor.

Greek,
Yes, we displayed his 6 month photos a couple of months ago. These are his updated 8 month photos. We were able to sit with this patient and take good clinical photos.

» Greek,
» Yes, we displayed his 6 month photos a couple of months ago. These are
» his updated 8 month photos. We were able to sit with this patient and
» take good clinical photos.

Thanx is he on propecia after the procedure?

Greek,
Yes, he began his Propecia approximately two weeks prior to his procedure.

Here are additional magnified photos of the donor and crown areas.

» Here are additional magnified photos of the donor and crown areas.
»

I think this is the best result ive seen from GHI. This is really an amazing result, especially for only like 3500 grafts.

» » Here are additional magnified photos of the donor and crown areas.
Hi,

Are there any sugery photos at all?

Here is the collage we put together of his procedure.

I am new to this site but glad to see that there are new players around. we need answers tho…
I cannot enlarge these images so it is very difficult to make any definitive decisions about this result. You stated that he had two goals in mind. One was to fill in the front and the other was to enhance his existing hair. It is impossible with these small images to make any decision on the enhancement of his pre-existing hair, but it does definitely appear that he has areas of poor or no growth especially on the right side in the front. Would you mind blowing these images up so the result can be evaluated better. Also the lighting and the quality of the before photos is much better. You have indicated that you use a 0.75 mm punch, but I am not convinced that your technique is better based on these poor quality images and the apparent failure of growth. It makes the viewer more concerned that you are trying to hide something rather than show it off.

Finally, is there a physician at your clinic? Most offices promote a physician, but I noted that your office does not mention anyone’s name. I wonder if a person does have poor growth at your clinic, who does the person take this issue up with…a physician or someone else? Also, if there are medical complications, who is the responsible party?

I will appreciate a respond from GHI

Seekinhair,

The forum owner has limited the size of pics recently and this is the reason for the size of the pics.

A debate has taken place on this site for some time regarding the use of .75mm punches / tools. The short story is that their area of dissection is about half that of a 1mm punch. Several clinics promote their use. Bazinger, Harris and GHI. There is a promo on the GHI site about this. Several other surgeons who frequent the site maintained that they use equivalents.

F.Y.I, GHI has gained a good reputation on this site for honest and detailed pics. Regarding the qualification of surgeons, I believe that current certification in Europe and U.S.A demand that surgery including HT is executed by an M.D or MRCPATH (UK) although in the U.K a vet can operate on a human.

You can see bigger pics in the link attahed. You can follow the whole thread by scrolling

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=2051

Seeking,
First, let us welcome you back to the forums. We load images in a collage because it makes the viewing process much easier for everyone. We are not trying to hide or deliberately mislead the readers of these forums. We have included additional maginified photos per your request. We have not resized them for the internet. This may make them load slower than normal for some viewers. We magnified these photos until they began to pixelate. Feel free to download these images and magnify them. As far as your question about growth, first you must realize he is only 8 months post. He still has an addional 4 months to experience new growth. This is an update of his procedure, not his final result. The lighting is different of course because the follow up photos were taken in his bathroom at home, not in our office where the before photos were taken. Obviously the lighting in our photo room is far superior to his bathroom.

We are not like other offices when it comes to giving credit to one individual. We work together as a team to produce the best result possible. How can you give the doctor all of the credit for the procedure? The entire medical team is responsible for each part of the procedure. If someone has a concern or question about their procedure they will be able to speak with either our PA, medical director, and/or surgical director. Ultimately our physician and PA are medically responsible for the well being of each and every patient.

How many hairs were put in the crown?

Johnny,
We are in Las Vegas for the annual ISHRS meeting. We do not have this patient’s exact graft count with us. We will post later next week when we return to the office and are able to access his chart.

Johny,
We transplanted 1015 grafts into his crown.

Larry(GHI),

Again, I applaud the results. You stated that you might be bringing this fellow back in to get higher MP images and different angle. When might we expect these?

Tom

H/T
We are travelling to see him the weekend of October 13th. We are taking our clinical camera, 6.3 megapixels. We will load this next round of photos as is, uncropped.

» H/T
» We are travelling to see him the weekend of October 13th. We are taking
» our clinical camera, 6.3 megapixels. We will load this next round of
» photos as is, uncropped.

This will great for GHI as well as the community at large. C-ya.

» » H/T
» » We are travelling to see him the weekend of October 13th. We are
» taking
» » our clinical camera, 6.3 megapixels. We will load this next round of
» » photos as is, uncropped.
»
» This will great for GHI as well as the community at large. C-ya.

The swirl in the hairline was transplanted well and looks very natural.