Gc83uk – CAMERA questions …

gc,
Could you please briefly tell us something about the camera you used for your HST photos?

I mean, I can hardly find any hair transplant (close up) photos on the web which provide such an excellent quality on one hand …

http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/28/3202143/2nd%20procedure%20-%20day%2015%20003.JPG

… and which provides viewers zoom/resize/processing options on the other hand, without any loss of quality (if you do it right).

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/15/3278666/day-15-marked-reference-area.jpg

In comparison to so called “macro photos” …

… I think for HT photos in general and especially for showing healing and/or regrowth – your camera and their settings options are absolutely ideal, because viewers can also see the complete surrounding areas (as usual) but have in addition the option to zoom into a specific area without any big loss of quality – pretty cool, because such photos prevent also any “trickery”.

How big/long was the distance between your head and the camera lens?
How did you take these photos at all? With or without the help of another person?

Gc if you need a super duper ultra high quality quantum camera. We’ll provide whatever helps these “skeptics”. Please let us know ! :wink:

» gc,
» Could you please briefly tell us something about the camera you used for
» your HST photos?
»
» I mean, I can hardly find any hair transplant (close up) photos on the web
» which provide such an excellent quality on one hand …
»
» http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/28/3202143/2nd%20procedure%20-%20day%2015%20003.JPG
»
»
» … and which provides viewers zoom/resize/processing options on the other
» hand, without any loss of quality (if you do it right).
»
» http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/15/3278666/day-15-marked-reference-area.jpg
»
» In comparison to so called “macro photos” …
»
» Macro photography - Wikipedia
»
» … I think for HT photos in general and especially for showing healing
» and/or regrowth – your camera and their settings options are absolutely
» ideal, because viewers can also see the complete surrounding areas (as
» usual) but have in addition the option to zoom into a specific area without
» any big loss of quality – pretty cool, because such photos prevent also any
» “trickery”.
»
» How big/long was the distance between your head and the camera lens?
» How did you take these photos at all? With or without the help of another
» person?

I used a a Nikon S3000, a very inexpensive digital camera, here it is on amazon: Nikon S3000

The distance between my head and the camera lens was approx 6 to 8 inches roughly.

I took them all myself, whilst standing in a mirror, just making sure to keep my hand steady.

I also selected the option ‘close up’ mode and also enabled the flash (because being so close to my head).

For each photo I posted on these forums, I probably had taken another 20 photos before it. It was a pain staking effort, blurry photos or photos with bad lighting were not going to help ‘us’ prove anything.

Slightly off topic I.M, but did you ever find out if I’m likely to receive anything from hairsite? You mentioned something recently about it, but it went quiet!

Secondly do you speak Dutch? Or does anyone speak Dutch here for that matter?

Dear Gc, I hope you don’t mind a couple of questions:

I was wondering how many procedures are you having with Gho?
And if for long treatments say for a THICK and proud nw 5 :ok: like me, how would a long treatment take place to restore me a nice nw 2? Say for the first 1800 Grafts where would they be placed? Would it be all over the scalp?

Have you discussed with Gho for a long term treatment?

I’m asking this because I may actually get the money soon and fly down to Netherlands and get my first Gho procedure. I’ll document my donor area too.

I doubt hairsite will give you any money for the pictures you have already provided. The reward was intended as an incentive for people to upload such pictures and document their regrowth. Since you have already uploaded the pictures and there is no longer a need for them to be providing such an incentive to you.

Perhaps, however you could contact hairsite prior to your next procedure and ask them what guidelines they would like you to follow in order to receive the promised compensation.

» » gc,
» » Could you please briefly tell us something about the camera you used for
» » your HST photos?
» »
» » I mean, I can hardly find any hair transplant (close up) photos on the
» web
» » which provide such an excellent quality on one hand …
» »
» »
» http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/28/3202143/2nd%20procedure%20-%20day%2015%20003.JPG
» »
» »
» » … and which provides viewers zoom/resize/processing options on the other
» » hand, without any loss of quality (if you do it right).
» »
» »
» http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/15/3278666/day-15-marked-reference-area.jpg
» »
» » In comparison to so called “macro photos” …
» »
» » Macro photography - Wikipedia
» »
» » … I think for HT photos in general and especially for showing healing
» » and/or regrowth – your camera and their settings options are absolutely
» » ideal, because viewers can also see the complete surrounding areas (as
» » usual) but have in addition the option to zoom into a specific area
» without
» » any big loss of quality – pretty cool, because such photos prevent also
» any
» » “trickery”.
» »
» » How big/long was the distance between your head and the camera lens?
» » How did you take these photos at all? With or without the help of
» another
» » person?
»
» I used a a Nikon S3000, a very inexpensive digital camera, here it is on
» amazon:
» Nikon
» S3000

»
» The distance between my head and the camera lens was approx 6 to 8 inches
» roughly.
»
» I took them all myself, whilst standing in a mirror, just making sure to
» keep my hand steady.
»
» I also selected the option ‘close up’ mode and also enabled the flash
» (because being so close to my head).
»
» For each photo I posted on these forums, I probably had taken another 20
» photos before it. It was a pain staking effort, blurry photos or photos
» with bad lighting were not going to help ‘us’ prove anything.
»
» Slightly off topic I.M, but did you ever find out if I’m likely to receive
» anything from hairsite? You mentioned something recently about it, but it
» went quiet!
»
» Secondly do you speak Dutch? Or does anyone speak Dutch here for that
» matter?

» Slightly off topic I.M, but did you ever find out if I’m likely to receive
» anything from hairsite? You mentioned something recently about it, but it
» went quiet!

I did everything I can – check out this thread …

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-105708-page-0-category-17-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

Seems hairman2 (aka onan2) is right (previous post above):

“The reward was intended as an incentive for people to upload such pictures and document their regrowth. Since you have already uploaded the pictures and there is no longer a need for them to be providing such an incentive to you.”

In simple words, HairSite is an a*****e.

Camera questions…

It seems damielmillo …
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-106405-page-0-category-17-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html
… used almost the same camera – he used a Nikon Coolpix S3100

…in fact, an even “more advanced” camera than yours.

But interestingly, damielmillo’s photos are not bad, but not as good as yours – imho. On the other hand, I’m sure that it is not so easy to make such photos, especially without any help (2nd person etc).

So it’s a really good question which camera I should buy for my procedure; too much mega pixels is not always everything what’s important.

You could rent one and test hich one suits your case better. Cause a lot of the quality depends on lights etc so you have to test it i am afraid. Btw why dont you ask hairsite for the financial benefit they offered to someone who went to Gho? I mean you did a crystal analysis which was unpaid. It really seems that this forum admin is an a****** because he even deleted hairman2 postings in favor of Gho and in not so much favor of Pro Hair Clinic