FUE Scar Repair by Dr. Cole - 443 Grafts

This is a patient that had 4 strip surgeries previously with another doctor, his scar before the repair was 21cm wide and 2cm high. Dr. Cole added 443 grafts using FUE (CIT). The coverage on the scar is impressive and the patient is very happy with the results.

forhair . com/fue-scar-repair-results-9-29-2014

Nice job. Impressive result for a big fat scar like that. That’s a decent yield for 450 grafts placed in non-scarred skin.

That kind of scar healing seems pretty hit-or-miss though. Seems like getting lucky on the patient’s healing characteristics is as relevant as anything else. But this case does encourage one to try it.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]

That kind of scar healing seems pretty hit-or-miss though. [/quote]

what do you mean by that? we have a lot of successful scar grafting results. just like this one…

Nice job. Impressive result for a big fat scar like that. That’s a decent yield for 450 grafts placed in non-scarred skin.

That kind of scar healing seems pretty hit-or-miss though. Seems like getting lucky on the patient’s healing characteristics is as relevant as anything else. But this case does encourage one to try it.[/quote]

Every scar repair patient of Dr. Cole’s I have seen has had excellent hair growth in their scar. It gets tricky when a patient wants their wide strip scar/scars repaired to the degree they can cut down to a 1 or 2 guard. Every little imperfection can show when the hair is cut that short.

Results like this are the norm rather than the exception:

Northeast Guy video

Chuck,
Dr. Cole’s office

That kind of scar healing seems pretty hit-or-miss though.

[postedby]Originally Posted by forhair[/postedby]

what do you mean by that? we have a lot of successful scar grafting results. just like this one…[/quote]

By far the best I have seen for strip scars, same as Cal I wouldn’t mind seeing more results like this to be convinced it can be done consistently.

Also check out these

forhair . com / hair-transplant-photos/scar-grafting

and more at the forhair . com /forums/3

Impressive indeed, did Dr. Cole use PRP and Acell on him or this is pure FUE grafts in his scar and nothing else?

I just checked the record. 5cc of ACell was injected into the scar. PRP was administered and the patient opted to spray the grafted area with Adenosine-5’-triphosphate (ATP) post op.

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck