FUE Punch Size. A cross-sectional study... Hairtech

Not many clinics are having an issue at this time with punch sizes. Good results are seen by Bisanga, Harris, GHI, and Itler and others. These clinics have time tested cases. All have used the smallest punch possible. No one person is the same and different punch sizes are tailored to the patient is a good arguement but that arguement goes both ways. Larger punches don’t exactly need to be utilized on everyone. So what the heck is the problem? I stated that 4 clinics+ above don’t have a problem with using smaller punches. Why can’t other clinics attempt to do the same? Especially since it was proven by those clinics that the grafts taken by such punches are:

1. Showing growing grafts and good yields after 1 year.
  2. Shown by myself clear pictures of 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s haired grafts are unharmed and show definitive intact follicles.
  3. Shown by myself virtual bloodless donor areas the day of surgery and then the next day post op showing clean donor areas that have barely noticible “holes” (a good indicator that scarring will be minimal.
  4. And finally, GHI showing razor cut donor areas in clear pictures that absolutely prove that the smallest punch can provide, a virtual imperceptable donor region post op AND after several months post op.

So in summary, The collaboration of several clinics posting picture after picture of post op pics, shaved down areas post op, 12 month picture posting post op pics of good growth; AND in combination with my clinical microscopic view pics spanning across several different patients of grafts as well as showing in-surgery pictures of FUE donor areas; pretty much shows a definitive cross-sectional study of the 0.75mm punch… in that the smaller punch has been proven to be successful.

An unorthadoxed scientific accidental valid study was performed across several clinics AND over a period of time.

How do you like dem apples?

Will 0.75 mm punches be ok for Asian hair?

Oh please, it’s ignorant to assume that smaller is always better. It has to be something that fits the size of the follicle. There was a post here that just talked about that not long ago, 0.75mm does not work for everyone, frankly I have seen some doctors using 0.75mm and they give very mediocre yield, i think that s because of tools that are too small and they couldnt yank the entire follicle out intact.

Yes IMO yes, and if there is a need for an adjustment, then that can happen too and still remain low in punch size. Adjustments meaning going up in punch size. I wish we had statistics to show how many times a clinic has to adjust upwards from a 0.75mm punch… which is not often… to show you that the 0.75mm punch will work in most folks.

And IMO asians on average have straight hair that is less dense(than caucasians) all over. This means you really need to take into account the fact that these patients need to have extractions spread across the entire area and not in smaller sections. I have seen one single case where the grafts were taken in sections and not well spread out. When the hair grew back, it was noticible. Thick areas and then well defined areas of lesser density where concentrated extractions occured.

IMHO you need to look the doctor in the eye and really discuss this if you are in this category. If you are having a transplant with FUE in high numbers, make sure the entire donor area has even extractions. That means around the sides and high in the humps.

So it is fair to say that not all patients can utilize the 0.75mm punch but most can? It is fair to say that adjustments still remain in a smaller than 1.00mm? And is it fair to say that it is rare that a larger punch is needed for a successful transplant?

Taken into consideration of the posted cases by the doctors listed above then I have to argue in favor of the smallest punch being better for most. And this is not to say that you are wrong Mr. Frodo. Of course there have been poor yielding cases in all punches used thus far. It just seems to me that this year we are finally seeing proof with among several clinics and no proof from others.

Here is a side by side comparison of a 0.75mm punch and a 1.0mm punch. And here are the words of the doctor that compared them.

I’m attaching 2 photos of a case where I did some side by side 1mm sites versus .75 mm extraction sites. 1 photo is original, the second identifies the 1mm sites in blue. Remember even though it may not look like a huge difference, the .75 mm sites are 56% the area of the 1mm sites. That is significant.

Recent post op photos from GHI depicting not only a fact that a 0.75mm punch was used, but this particular case is fantastic.

One donor area from GHI with a razor cut depicting a nice donor area where a 0.75mm punch was employed and is post OP many months.

Dr. Bisanga before, middle, and after pictures of donor/recipient… using the 0.75mm punch.

Some sample pictures of grafts I took at Dr. Harris’s office. All grafts taken with the 0.75mm punch.

A post operative donor area that is 1 day out. Grafts taken by a 0.75mm punch.

Here is a recent published Bisanga pictorial before, during and post op 9 months. FUE of course.

It’s pointless posting an immediately post op pic. White dots do not form until much much later.

Therapy – You are right that immediate post of photos do not show the final results. Still these are some grown out results here. So if some individuals assert that punches smaller that 1mm will damage grafts, these photos help refute that. This is apparently good growth, and nice results.

Why do you say that 0.75mm punches are better when Dr Cole argues that that is not always the case and both heal the same in the other thread?

I have just seen many good results from the device.

» Why do you say that 0.75mm punches are better when Dr Cole argues that that
» is not always the case and both heal the same in the other thread?

When submitting to surgery, placing faith over reason is a substantial risk. That would be my philosophy.

I am very surprised to read that there is a serious debate over whether a larger or smaller punch is better.

The smaller the wound, the better it would heal, no?

I’m no doc but this seems like a no brainer.

BTW, great pics of the grafts Hairtech.

Ciao.

» I am very surprised to read that there is a serious debate over whether a
» larger or smaller punch is better.
»
» The smaller the wound, the better it would heal, no?
»
» I’m no doc but this seems like a no brainer.
»
» BTW, great pics of the grafts Hairtech.
»
» Ciao.

SFSG, that’s what I thought too but there are also posters who said the yield is not that good with smaller punch.