FUE - 7 month update - Dr. Armani

Hello everyone,

I wanted to document my progress since receiving a FUE procedure with DR. Armani in July of 2009 at his office in Toronto. I received 1200 grafts to thicken up zones 1 and 2. In 2004 I received a FUSS procedure (2500 grafts) and achieved great results. As a result of my positive first experience and a healthy donor area, I decided to move forward with a FUE session for added density. I am currently a little over 7 months out from the procedure and things are taking shape nicely as expected. The photos were taken right after a shower, both wet and dry.

-Jay

Before

After - 7 months - Wet

After - 7 months - Dry

looks pretty good dude. what meds are you taking and what norwood were you when you got your first HT?

The first pic (before pic) was after 2500 FUSS?

» looks pretty good dude. what meds are you taking and what norwood were you
» when you got your first HT?

Redman, thanks man. i am currently taking proscar, msm and biotin. when i had my first procedure i was a norwood 3A.

» The first pic (before pic) was after 2500 FUSS?

abcxyz, the first pic was before any procedures. i was 23 at the time.

» » The first pic (before pic) was after 2500 FUSS?
»
» abcxyz, the first pic was before any procedures. i was 23 at the time.

Looks great JP33.

I agree guys…

The result is amazing

Really thick and frankly I like the hairline quite a bit

But its the thickness… impressive

These results from the Armani clinic are quite strong and I appreciate the quality of the pics

Nothing more frustrating that pics u cant make out all the detail

Thanks for the pics guys

Cheers

MoM

JP33, thats a really nice result. I agree with mom that the thickness is very impressive.

What are family and friends saying about your result?

Hairline looks awsome excellent work

Amazing results man!! Your hair looks great!

» JP33, thats a really nice result. I agree with mom that the thickness is
» very impressive.
»
» What are family and friends saying about your result?

Thanks MMAGUY,

Family members and friends who knew I had the procedure are extremely impressed, some jealous;) Friends I have made since the procedure have only given compliments on my hair and I would venture to say they would never imagine that I had any work done. Dr. Armani does an excellent job with producing natural results.

» Hairline looks awsome excellent work

Thanks Burberry!

» Amazing results man!! Your hair looks great!

I appreciate it Eurohair. Thanks!

Very nice! From all the pics I have seen posted on this site… and I have been trolling for several years…Armani produces by far the most aesthetically pleasing results! Congrats!

Well frankly I feel the same way…

I have been a long time lurker on here BEFORE my HT. And AFTER my HT when I became a regular contributor I realzied that something has not changed on here …

Back when I was searching for a DR for my HT I noticed that all of Dr Armani’s AFTER pictures looked somewhat different. Not fake different… but kinda special different.

They had a quality feel that even though the other Dr’s had some great results, it seemed that they were a step behind.

How do I better explain …

hmmm

Take an experienced photographer and an amateur and give them the same equipment and the same object to photograph… (BTW being in the arts ive seen this test and take my word for it… the results are something special) … ok back to my example… look at their final results and even though they use the same equipment on the same object … the experienced photographer’s picture just has that special, quality feel that the amateur cannot capture.

Am I saying that the other Dr’s are amatuer… ABSOLUTELY NOT.

WHAT I AM SAYING is that they lack that feel that an Armani after result has in spades.

Now im sure it isnt as simple as the Dr… but its the whole package.

Let me put it this way… a BMW and a MERCEDES are both high end machines. Why did I buy a Mercedes? Service…

You see the whole package was there and frankly they won me over with the design of the dealership, the attitude of the staff i dealt with, the way they seemed to value my business…

In the HT world, I feel that the Armani organization provide AN EXPERIENCE. Apart from being a great Dr, I feel that more has been put in to be able to sell me.

The quality of the pics, the website, the staff, the office… etc… again that feeling that they others just lag slightly in.

And in the end result, you see it in the work.

The end result just has a very VERY CONSISTENT unidentifiable quality feel that they others seem to be slightly behind IMO.

I have yet to see a STRAW like end result, lack of density, off hairline, temple angle closure… nothing.

Now does that mean that they havent done some mediocre jobs… probably not, but the jobs that we have access to see here have that “je ne sais pas quoi” feel that the others dont.

That attention to detail, that design… its like a good dog breeder… you can tell where it came from a mile away

Just how I feel.

Very consistent, quality work and they have a great rep.

And to be a client and to CONTINUE to see the company move forward with continuous quality results make me happy that I spent my money there.

Just my $0.02

Cheers

MoM

MoM i am thinking about a HT, im 25 and have been using propecia and minoxidil for 3 years. I have thinning in a horse shoe pattern and i need 2000 grafts.

Can you tell me what to expect as you have had a HT

Did you suffer shock loss? Does it look and feel natural?
How short can u cut your hair?

Thanks in advance, its such a hard decision to make as we really dont know when HM will be out to the public

» Thanks in advance, its such a hard decision to make as we really dont know
» when HM will be out to the public

not only that we dont even know if HM works…dont get a HT based on thinking HM is right around the corner. it’s a hit or miss just like with anything else.

» MoM i am thinking about a HT, im 25 and have been using propecia and
» minoxidil for 3 years. I have thinning in a horse shoe pattern and i need
» 2000 grafts.
»
» Can you tell me what to expect as you have had a HT
»
» Did you suffer shock loss? Does it look and feel natural?
» How short can u cut your hair?
»
» Thanks in advance, its such a hard decision to make as we really dont know
» when HM will be out to the public

What exactly is this shock loss or shed thing from hair transplant? All of a sudden everyone is talking about this in the forum like it is the plague. I had two consultations already and neither doctor mentioned this.

Jason007…

Did I suffer Shock loss… Frankly I have no clue. Why? … well … simple… Once my HT was over and done with and the grafts began to grow in and my hair began to regrow… I didnt really notice anything different with my existing hair… but then again … Maybe I did and I didnt notice??? What I can conclude with MY EXPERIENCE is that maybe shock loss DID OCCUR… however I didnt notice anything… and from what Ive read … if you dod… it grows back.

Look and feel natural … I have yet to have one of my partners say or notice anything… As i have a very active lifestyle (Gym, Swimming, Soccer, Hockey, Clubs…) ive been in many situations and frankly as I said… a partner didnt say or notice anything… and honestly … LOL … thats the opinion that matters most.

I have to definetly give you this piece of advice…getting an HT is like actually and finally owning a Ferrari… To people who dont have one … NO ONE WILL EVER NOTICE anything wrong with it… all they see is slab of automotive perfection… BUT … because you now own one and see touch and feel it EVERYDAY you will always notice tiny things that others WOULDNT. My advice on this matter is the following… Dont look at every tiny inch with a microscope… remeber… before you even starting losing ytour hair and knew about HT’s… u never EVER looked at you or others’ hairlines lol… enjoy it and dont over analyze it or youll never be happy.

How short can I cut it … Well because I did FUE I can have my hair COMPLTELY SHAVED and you dont see anything! … No wierd stubble or bumps nothing… I have my hair usually as they are in my pics and sometimes ill shave it down to #1 (like old schoold brad pitt style) and NO ONE NOTICES ANYTHING. BUT … if you get an FUSS you will notice the scar… Now to some they dont care… BUT… my HT was private… I didnt talk about it… only certain family memebers knew (as I own my own company… I stayed away from the studio and meeting clients until it was regrowing to a point where it looked like I shaved my head)

What to expect…well … firstly you should read MY FULL HAIR TRANSPLANT STORY on my 2000 Grafts… its VERY VERY VERY DETAILED and then you can check out the WEBSITE THAT I BUILT … and if you have any further questions that remain unanswered gimme me a shout… dont be shy !!!

The one thing i stress is not to take ANY RISKS WITH AVOIDING USING THE PAIN KILLERS. The clinic said that I didnt need the more hardcore painkillers for an FUE HT and OMG WERE THEY WRONG.

It was the worst pain that I ever experienced (and I have 4 ribs broken in a kickboking accident… (hands got caught in the ring that collapsed and i feel to the floor and broke my ribs)).

It was buring and I felt like I was going to overheat and explode… it was a nightmare. I should of ignored the clinic and taken the hard stuff… thats my advice… why??? because the clinic is filled with experienced professionals… BUT NOT Psychics. There is no way to tell how one will react to the procedure so I would take the good stuff !!! lol

Apart from that… speak with the Dr and honestly tell him what your expectations are… And make sure that you can reach those expectations… With the Armani group… they managed them VERY WELL. THEY DID NOT LIE AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING… and everything that they SAID THEY WOULD DELIVER THEY DELIVERED. I cant speak on behalf of other clinics but I would definetly do business with the clinic that answers ALL of your questions and NEVER makes you feel like enough is enough, shut up and sign already…

YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER. In todays world YOU HAVE THE POWER. Not them. Get the questions YOU WANT ANSWERED… and if they dont … take your bsuiness elsewhere.

And finally… as it says in my story… the key to AFTER THE PROCEDURE is practing the art of patience. Platying the waiting game here is CRUEL!!! … you cant wairt to see the results but they come slowly and because you are monitering them every 5 minutes in the mirror… its never fast enough lol…

Learn to relax… and relish the fact that in 3 months or so you can (as I did) be placing high school pics next to your fact to compare your hairline. Learn to be excited but not scared. And be patient and DONT PANIC.

I think that covers it … lol

But if you missed anuything gimmie a shout (sont be shy man) thats what this forum is for !!!

Cheers

MoM

» Jason007…
»
» Did I suffer Shock loss… Frankly I have no clue. Why? … well …
» simple… Once my HT was over and done with and the grafts began to grow in
» and my hair began to regrow… I didnt really notice anything different
» with my existing hair… but then again … Maybe I did and I didnt
» notice??? What I can conclude with MY EXPERIENCE is that maybe shock loss
» DID OCCUR… however I didnt notice anything… and from what Ive read …
» if you dod… it grows back.
»
» Look and feel natural … I have yet to have one of my partners say or
» notice anything… As i have a very active lifestyle (Gym, Swimming,
» Soccer, Hockey, Clubs…) ive been in many situations and frankly as I
» said… a partner didnt say or notice anything… and honestly … LOL …
» thats the opinion that matters most.
»
» I have to definetly give you this piece of advice…getting an HT is like
» actually and finally owning a Ferrari… To people who dont have one … NO
» ONE WILL EVER NOTICE anything wrong with it… all they see is slab of
» automotive perfection… BUT … because you now own one and see touch and

MoM thanks for the info. Im using propecia and minoxidil for the past 3 years and my hair loss is getting worse so i am going to wait for a bit, I dont know if its getting worse because i had my jaw broken and maybe my body went in to shock?

Either way i will keep you guys posted
» feel it EVERYDAY you will always notice tiny things that others WOULDNT. My
» advice on this matter is the following… Dont look at every tiny inch with
» a microscope… remeber… before you even starting losing ytour hair and
» knew about HT’s… u never EVER looked at you or others’ hairlines lol…
» enjoy it and dont over analyze it or youll never be happy.
»
» How short can I cut it … Well because I did FUE I can have my hair
» COMPLTELY SHAVED and you dont see anything! … No wierd stubble or bumps
» nothing… I have my hair usually as they are in my pics and sometimes ill
» shave it down to #1 (like old schoold brad pitt style) and NO ONE NOTICES
» ANYTHING. BUT … if you get an FUSS you will notice the scar… Now to
» some they dont care… BUT… my HT was private… I didnt talk about it…
» only certain family memebers knew (as I own my own company… I stayed away
» from the studio and meeting clients until it was regrowing to a point where
» it looked like I shaved my head)
»
» What to expect…well … firstly you should read
» MY
» FULL HAIR TRANSPLANT STORY on my 2000 Grafts
… its VERY VERY
» VERY DETAILED and then you can check out the
» WEBSITE
» THAT I BUILT
… and if you have any further questions that
» remain unanswered gimme me a shout… dont be shy !!!
»
» The one thing i stress is not to take ANY RISKS WITH AVOIDING USING THE
» PAIN KILLERS. The clinic said that I didnt need the more hardcore
» painkillers for an FUE HT and OMG WERE THEY WRONG.
»
» It was the worst pain that I ever experienced (and I have 4 ribs broken in
» a kickboking accident… (hands got caught in the ring that collapsed and i
» feel to the floor and broke my ribs)).
»
» It was buring and I felt like I was going to overheat and explode… it
» was a nightmare. I should of ignored the clinic and taken the hard stuff…
» thats my advice… why??? because the clinic is filled with experienced
» professionals… BUT NOT Psychics. There is no way to tell how one will
» react to the procedure so I would take the good stuff !!! lol
»
» Apart from that… speak with the Dr and honestly tell him what your
» expectations are… And make sure that you can reach those expectations…
» With the Armani group… they managed them VERY WELL. THEY DID NOT LIE AT
» ALL ABOUT ANYTHING… and everything that they SAID THEY WOULD DELIVER THEY
» DELIVERED. I cant speak on behalf of other clinics but I would definetly do
» business with the clinic that answers ALL of your questions and NEVER makes
» you feel like enough is enough, shut up and sign already…
»
» YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER. In todays world YOU HAVE THE POWER. Not them. Get
» the questions YOU WANT ANSWERED… and if they dont … take your bsuiness
» elsewhere.
»
» And finally… as it says in my story… the key to AFTER THE PROCEDURE is
» practing the art of patience. Platying the waiting game here is
» CRUEL!!! … you cant wairt to see the results
» but they come slowly and because you are monitering them every 5 minutes in
» the mirror… its never fast enough lol…
»
» Learn to relax… and relish the fact that in 3 months or so you can (as I
» did) be placing high school pics next to your fact to compare your
» hairline. Learn to be excited but not scared. And be patient and DONT
» PANIC.
»
» I think that covers it … lol
»
» But if you missed anuything gimmie a shout (sont be shy man) thats what
» this forum is for !!!
»
»