Frontal hairloss in 30yo PCOS female- help!

My friend is 30, has PCOS & is experiencing a receding hairline & frontal thinning. Nioxin used to help her but it doesn’t seem to now. She recently got & then returned a bunch of minoxidil-based products as they are to help with topical male-pattern-baldness in the back, but not frontal/hairline loss. I’m thinking finasteride might be what she needs but I see that is not recommended for women. Now, she’s planning on never having kids so that may make it less risky but I don’t know if I should guide her to that. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

How so? Minox does help with frontal recession. I personally use 15%minox twice a day. I thought that it’s rather oral spironolactone which is more about women’s hairloss problems. Anyway, she should try to tackle the problem in more than a single way. A bunch of vits are needed DAILY (all vits B (biotin, panthotenic), at least 400U.I of vit E at least 1 gram of vit C) plus fish oils (codliver, salmon, borage, onager) plus brewer’s yeast, green tea and topical minox, topical amla and coconut oil. I’ve been using this without changin myhormone related hairloss treatment and this makes a real difference in six or 12 month time.
As to the core of the problem,well, has any blood test been done?I guess so. Hormonal options for MEN are:
naturals (beta sis, saw palmetto pygeum africanum)
finasteride
dutasteride.

Spironolactone is often considered a female remedy. I think you should do your research on the internet about which of finasteride or spiro to add to the naturals that I think she can try risk free. Plus the army of vits and topicals. Tough job and regimen altogether, I know, but it may pay off.

» My friend is 30, has PCOS & is experiencing a receding hairline & frontal
» thinning. Nioxin used to help her but it doesn’t seem to now. She recently
» got & then returned a bunch of minoxidil-based products as they are to help
» with topical male-pattern-baldness in the back, but not frontal/hairline
» loss. I’m thinking finasteride might be what she needs but I see that is
» not recommended for women. Now, she’s planning on never having kids so that
» may make it less risky but I don’t know if I should guide her to that.
» Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

tell her to stop sugar & sweets, she should start eating like if she had diabetes.

Spironolactone is a good option.
Metformin should also be taken which will take care of most of the symptoms of PCOS.

You can go through PCOS section in women forum.