For Some Men, Propecia Sexual Side Effects May Be Long-lasting

A number of cases have already been reported about the devastating side effects of the popular hair loss medication, Propecia.

Men who are losing mounds of hair sought relief through Propecia. It is a drug that was formulated to restore hair especially through its potent ingredient, Finasteride. True enough it worked, however with some very serious catch.

Complaints started coming in, and particularly due to sexual side effects in men. Erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, problems with orgasm and the testes becoming smaller are just some of the issues that have been thrown at prescribing physicians and the manufacturer.

Reports also claimed that the problems are reversible a few months after stopping the drug. However, this wasn’t always the case because there were incidences where the problem persisted even up to a year after they discontinued taking the medication.

A lot of men have trusted this drug, even athlete Wayne Rooney was reported to be taking this drug. It is indeed unfortunate to know that they have not been properly advised considering that the side effects are serious. Not only did it affect physically, but emotionally as well.

Clearly, through the facts that ware presented there was no distinct precaution that was given to these men. From what was stated by Clair Bates, in her article, it showed that these men were not really prepared for what was coming.

However, what was not mentioned is that the Propecia was already issued by the FDA with some label changes. It now includes a warning regarding sexual health problems that might exist.

What is also important, which was also mentioned, is that the word of caution should not come from the label alone. But rather, it should also be thoroughly discussed by the prescribing doctor so that the patient can have an informed decision.

Read and see video here: http://www.aihr.com.au/?p=1558

Yes I too experience similar effects after stopping the medication of hair loss. My wife was really pissed by my hard on problems.

The effects are “long-lasting”, because they have no direct relationship to the drug. Only a bunch of internet cyberchondriacs wants to find a scapegoat for their problem.