Follica Timeline

I was just reading through some stuff on Puretechs website and found a whole page of links to various news agencies that covered the original Follica story.

http://www.puretechventures.com//Content/newsFull.asp?file=follicanewscoverage.asp&id=291&mainPage=news

Its quite interesting reading some of the TRADE ones near the bottom as they offer more of an insight into the process.

Anyway looking at the majority the time line ‘for everything going perfectly’ is between 2-10years! Its interesting that in LiveScience they have quoted Cotsarelis “If we’re lucky, I think it’s possible we’ll have some new ways to treat hair loss and bad scars in five to 10 years,” Whereas the majority of the other stories have him saying 2-3years!

In her interview in April Zohar said that preclinical trials would begin in a few months and results wouldnt be known for at least a year. So your talking maybe July 2009?

» I was just reading through some stuff on Puretechs website and found a
» whole page of links to various news agencies that covered the original
» Follica story.
»
» http://www.puretechventures.com//Content/newsFull.asp?file=follicanewscoverage.asp&id=291&mainPage=news
»
» Its quite interesting reading some of the TRADE ones near the bottom as
» they offer more of an insight into the process.
»
» Anyway looking at the majority the time line ‘for everything going
» perfectly’ is between 2-10years! Its interesting that in LiveScience they
» have quoted Cotsarelis “If we’re lucky, I think it’s possible we’ll have
» some new ways to treat hair loss and bad scars in five to 10 years,”
» Whereas the majority of the other stories have him saying 2-3years!
»
» In her interview in April Zohar said that preclinical trials would begin
» in a few months and results wouldnt be known for at least a year. So your
» talking maybe July 2009?

To think there were people on this board who thought it would be commercially available next year. What suckers.

If it works, I’d say 5-8 years, with 5 being optimistic. Really, it would take 5 years from phase I, which they aren’t close to yet.

» » I was j
»
» If it works, I’d say 5-8 years, with 5 being optimistic. Really, it would
» take 5 years from phase I, which they aren’t close to yet.

5-8 years would still be great, IF it works so beautifully as we all hope. Still theres the hope that it gets a shorter approval time for the FDA, if they use only topicals which are already approved to be safe.

Lets say they wound you and then apply some stuff. Regarding the wound, its possible that you get some of it into your bloodstream, so if they only use things in dosages which we already KNOW are safe to even get some into your bloodstream, why should they have to ungergo the full FDA procedure which takes like 10 years? There wouldnt just be any reason for that.

I think the drugs/dosage apporval is the least of it. They have to first prove it works on humans , then if it does they have to make sure it produces a cosmetic improvement, if it just gives veillous hairs then its a no go. Then they have to make sure they can od it many times. thats where the hold up is imo.

»Most people got time-line idea from the today show which a Dr. stated it would possibly be available in 3 years if not sooner. All I am hoping for is that it works because this appears to be a simple process. Once they start the real trials and it real hair stats to grow, they will not be able to keep this a secret!

follica timeline is: never

they just need 2-3 years to understand that will never work, and the research will be frozen as all other companies who tried to save us from this agony (or tried to make a lot of $$$)

biston:

I really hate posts like this. Why even come here if you have no hope? I’m not saying we should believe everything we read, but why do you even bother reading this site if you’re convinced there’s no hope?

» biston:
»
» I really hate posts like this. Why even come here if you have no hope?
» I’m not saying we should believe everything we read, but why do you even
» bother reading this site if you’re convinced there’s no hope?

'cause even without my hopes a miracle can happen, what will happen can’t depend by my feeling and posts

» » biston:
» »
» » I really hate posts like this. Why even come here if you have no hope?
» » I’m not saying we should believe everything we read, but why do you
» even
» » bother reading this site if you’re convinced there’s no hope?
»
» 'cause even without my hopes a miracle can happen, what will happen can’t
» depend by my feeling and posts

Yeah try to be positive! And dont talk about miracles!

I am not sure how much of a problem the FDA will be actually. To my knowledge they are justing testing wounding on skin at the moment and all the variables that go with that! I really do believe the follica method has hope but as for when then i couldnt say for sure!

When they announce they are starting testing (not just wounding but compoundas well) then we will have a better idea of a timeline! If it works of course!

There are just so many variables to take into account that it may take years!

If they were to acquire more funding it would be an indication things are moving forward and they would announce that! Asides from trying to get an interview its just a case of sit and wait! :slight_smile:

I think that dr. cotsarellis and its team are a flock of liars. but this …I am missed? some question???

2 to 10 years = 12 years divided by 2 (to average) = 6 years minus 1 year for optimism = 5 years!

Although I try to remain positive and i strongly believe that something will cine out as a revolutionary treatment of HL eventually we must be preety carefull when talking about timelines. Remember Intercytex or RU should be out by now according to older “optimistc” posters.

» 2 to 10 years = 12 years divided by 2 (to average) = 6 years minus 1 year
» for optimism = 5 years!

I like the way this has been worked out, esp ther 1 year for optimism!!! lol

It always comes down to 5 years! Like i said before there are a few key points coming up that will give a better indication of how things are going e.g. more funding and starting human trials!