Follica experiment

Guys,

I am willing to give the Follica thing a try at home. If I can get it to work, maybe we won’t have to wait several more years to take advantage of this technology (and maybe we can grow some real hair for a mere $20 or so.)

I have a lot of work to do, though, including going through the patent again (Benji has posted the most important pieces already.) If anyone would like to pitch in, I would appreciate the help.

I already have the lithium, but formulating a topical solution is the first roadblock. The kind of lithium I have is lithium carbonate, which is the form used to make the lithium capsules used to treat various psychiatric disorders.

The problem is, lithium carbonate doesn’t appear to be soluble in the typical vehicle we use for topicals…namely alcohol. It’s only slightly soluble in water. What should I mix the lithium carbonate with that would deliver the drug to where it needs to go? With the abrasion in place, would just applying the powder directly to the wound (maybe with a little water) be enough? Anyone have any ideas for a vehicle that would be suitable to use with lithium carbonate? Also, I don’t know what would be an appropriate concentration for a topical…for that, I’ll have to take an educated guess.

I really need to brush up on skin pharmacology, which maybe I should have done before posting this. But if anyone would like to do some legwork…again, it would be appreciated.

» Guys,
»
» I am willing to give the Follica thing a try at home. If I can get it to
» work, maybe we won’t have to wait several more years to take advantage of
» this technology (and maybe we can grow some real hair for a mere $20 or
» so.)
»
» I have a lot of work to do, though, including going through the patent
» again (Benji has posted the most important pieces already.) If anyone
» would like to pitch in, I would appreciate the help.
»
» I already have the lithium, but formulating a topical solution is the
» first roadblock. The kind of lithium I have is lithium carbonate, which is
» the form used to make the lithium capsules used to treat various
» psychiatric disorders.
»
» The problem is, lithium carbonate doesn’t appear to be soluble in the
» typical vehicle we use for topicals…namely alcohol. It’s only slightly
» soluble in water. What should I mix the lithium carbonate with that would
» deliver the drug to where it needs to go? With the abrasion in place,
» would just applying the powder directly to the wound (maybe with a little
» water) be enough? Anyone have any ideas for a vehicle that would be
» suitable to use with lithium carbonate? Also, I don’t know what would be
» an appropriate concentration for a topical…for that, I’ll have to take
» an educated guess.
»
» I really need to brush up on skin pharmacology, which maybe I should have
» done before posting this. But if anyone would like to do some
» legwork…again, it would be appreciated.

Your a braver man than I.

Could you imagine if you actually got it to work though, it would be fantastic. :smiley:

If I am not wrong I read few posts ago, aprox. one month that someone of this forum tried it with succes, don´t remember the post or the name, method was also explained with detail.

» » Guys,
» »
» » I am willing to give the Follica thing a try at home. If I can get it
» to
» » work, maybe we won’t have to wait several more years to take advantage
» of
» » this technology (and maybe we can grow some real hair for a mere $20 or
» » so.)
» »
» » I have a lot of work to do, though, including going through the patent
» » again (Benji has posted the most important pieces already.) If anyone
» » would like to pitch in, I would appreciate the help.
» »
» » I already have the lithium, but formulating a topical solution is the
» » first roadblock. The kind of lithium I have is lithium carbonate, which
» is
» » the form used to make the lithium capsules used to treat various
» » psychiatric disorders.
» »
» » The problem is, lithium carbonate doesn’t appear to be soluble in the
» » typical vehicle we use for topicals…namely alcohol. It’s only
» slightly
» » soluble in water. What should I mix the lithium carbonate with that
» would
» » deliver the drug to where it needs to go? With the abrasion in place,
» » would just applying the powder directly to the wound (maybe with a
» little
» » water) be enough? Anyone have any ideas for a vehicle that would be
» » suitable to use with lithium carbonate? Also, I don’t know what would
» be
» » an appropriate concentration for a topical…for that, I’ll have to
» take
» » an educated guess.
» »
» » I really need to brush up on skin pharmacology, which maybe I should
» have
» » done before posting this. But if anyone would like to do some
» » legwork…again, it would be appreciated.
»
» Your a braver man than I.
»
» Could you imagine if you actually got it to work though, it would be
» fantastic. :smiley:

TAGOHL:

Lithium Carbonate is practically insoluble in water and only slightly soluble in DMSO. I am not sure about ethanol, but believe that its solubility in ethanol is low. It has a solubility in water of about 1 gram per 100 ml water (1.00%). As a general rule, carbonates are only slightly soluble in typical solvents. On the other hand, Lithium CHLORIDE is very soluble in water - about 67g/100 ml water (67%).

Hey Tagohl,

I tried the lithium topical awhile back. Seemed effective in reducing greasiness and perhaps in increasing hair regrowth. I didn’t do wounding, however. Here’s the lithium mixture I used:

1. Mix lithium orotate or chloride (1 1/2 crushed pills) with diemythl sulfoxide or DMSO (1 tsp of liquid). Mix thoroughly in a bowl. These topicals appear to increase WNT signalling.

2. Stir powder mixture into an 8 oz solution of 50% water plus 50% ethyl alcohol. This solution should increase absorption by decreasing particle size of powder. After thoroughly mixing pour solution in a spray bottle or dropper.

3. Wound the scalp. If you can’t borrow professional dermatological equipment (e.g., CO2 laser) your best bet will probably be sandpaper. Might be quite unpleasant, however. And make sure to use only on bald scalp.

4. Spray solution directly on scalp.

Best,
BB

Lithium Chloride is cheap and can be bought cheaply via the internet. It was once going to be tried as a salt (briefly), but has long term internal toxicity. Lithium Chloride supposedly (google it) mimicks wnt-signalling in the skin.

The treatment schedule from what I was able to gather was…

Depilate, wait three days

Dermabrate, wait 3-5 days for skin to re-epilithialize

Apply wnt protiens (Lithium chloride) and an EGF-receptor blocker (look up apple polyphenols and EGF receptor blocker, you’ll find something interesting). The longest they mention the additions, either internal or external in the patent is “from day 3-12”, which would mean nine days at the most after starting.

They mention that no healing ointment, no anti-infective, no bandages, etc. are to be used on the head while the skin re-epilithializes.

I wish Follica would go ahead and start a trial sooner rather than later in the summer…Im interested to know if this is going to work.

NT