Follica does not start experimentations human beings in next the one year?

BENJI …CAL…GOATA007…SPQR… Spanish Dude…WHO SAID THIS? SOMEBODY KNOWS OF THIS INFORMATION?

» BENJI …CAL…GOATA007…SPQR… Spanish Dude…WHO SAID THIS? SOMEBODY
» KNOWS OF THIS INFORMATION?

I think Benji said Follica is starting a human trial this summer, ¿no?

» » BENJI …CAL…GOATA007…SPQR… Spanish Dude…WHO SAID THIS? SOMEBODY
» » KNOWS OF THIS INFORMATION?
»
» I think Benji said Follica is starting a human trial this summer, ¿no?:frowning: i too…

no.

»
»
» no… who said not? you? where it discovered this?:frowning:

Last I heard they are starting human trials this summer.

»
» Last I heard they are starting human trials this summer.

I think baldlatino34 may have misunderstood one of Cal’s comments in another thread.

Cal said:

» » “If Follica is realistically not gonna do the human trials for another » » 8-12 months, then I’m also in the “let’s try something now” camp”

Cal just meant IF they don’t start trials in the next 12 month’s we should try it ourselves.

We still don’t know for sure when they are going to start trials, people are assuming its going to be in the summer because Follica say they want to start trials soon.
I personally don’t think it will take them more than 12 months to start trials though.

Every time I e-mail Follica regarding the matter of clinical trial I get the old auto response which says:

“We cannot anticipate precisely when this will be launched as
a commercial product, nor have we announced any specific clinical trial
plans at this time, though we hope to conduct initial testing in humans
in Boston soon
.”

i remember an official release that said: the trial will start near, in the next months… i think was january, so sure not after the summer…

» i remember an official release that said: the trial will start near, in the
» next months… i think was january, so sure not after the summer…

I remember something like that too. Plus that lady in the video said “they are convinced that they have a breakthrough and want to get this to market”. Seems like they would get the trials going as soon as possible.

Theres an interesting discussion on Follica, That R guy is also saying they are starting trials in summer 2008.

20/03/2008 follica by email said to me:

"We have not started the trial yet, but will send you a note to
let you know when we begin. "

nothing yet however…

Well, I definitely didn’t say it! But I do think that they would start trials by Fall of this year, here’s why:

i) It is a relatively simple procedure, so once they have all the science stuff sorted out and double-checked (or whatever that they do) they just have to do simple everyday dermatalogist stuff (i.e. dermabrasion, chemical peel etc) - No need to get FDA approval for that.

ii) Unlike Intercytex, which required a harvesting period of 3-4 weeks then the injecting time and then about 3 months to see new hair regrowth, the results on this should be seen quicker. The basic procedure takes around 10-20 minutes and then there is 10 day healing period and you’re all set. If it works, they should see new growth in 1-2 months. Which means that the trials woule be a lot shorter too, so they can experiment with various combinations to see which one is most effective.

iii) Since there is almost no overhead and really bad side effects associated with treatment And a variation of it can be used for hair removal. Plus trails are potentially shorter, they themselves are trying to get it to market asap - at least thats what it looks like from there patents.

I remember having read in one of the many web links, they were planning to start trials around this summer.

What I cannot remember on the other hand, is it you goata or TAGOHL who had tried/was going to try a dermabrasion on a small spot? How is it going?

I wouldn’t put too much stock into what anybody from Follica says about timelines. Last year, Costarelis (sp?) said in Scientific American that it could be commercially available in 2-3 years. Of course that would be 1-2 years now, and they haven’t even started trials. And earlier this year a different person said 3-4 years, which is a different timeline. So just because somebody from Follica said they were planning on trials in the summer really doesn’t mean anything. It will happen when it happens. Hopefully this year, but nobody knows.

» What I cannot remember on the other hand, is it you goata or TAGOHL who
» had tried/was going to try a dermabrasion on a small spot? How is it going?

TAGOHL was going the dermabrasion & lithium route.

I am trying that herbal doctor receipe, I started using it yesterday and I plan on applying it everyday for about an hour or two. Not like the way that guy mentioned though, every night before bed, because it smells really really bad! To help with the absorption, I’ve also started neutrogena chemical peels (every 2 days), not on my entire scalp but the temples and front portion of the scalp only. I’ll update on this in a month if I see any progress.

P.S. For the record, I haven’t taken any before pics because my templates are slick bald so any new hair that I see on 'em is probably a result of this treatment.

»
» TAGOHL was going the dermabrasion & lithium route.
»
» I am trying that herbal doctor receipe, I started using it yesterday and I
» plan on applying it everyday for about an hour or two. Not like the way
» that guy mentioned though, every night before bed, because it smells really
» really bad! To help with the absorption, I’ve also started neutrogena
» chemical peels (every 2 days), not on my entire scalp but the temples and
» front portion of the scalp only. I’ll update on this in a month if I see
» any progress.
»
» P.S. For the record, I haven’t taken any before pics because my templates
» are slick bald so any new hair that I see on 'em is probably a result of
» this treatment.

Thanks for the update. All the best, fingers crossed…

Zohar says Follica has further developed this work and filed additional patents to protect the technology. What’s so beautiful about the approach, she says, is that translating it into a treatment for humans involves only devices and drugs that are already on the market. A doctor would first use a microdermabrasion tool, say, or a laser to remove the top layers of the skin—as is already commonly done in a number of dermatologic and cosmetic procedures—knocking some cells back into a primitive state. The doctor can then use this newly created therapeutic window to inject drugs that push the cells to develop along one pathway or another and grow hair or skin. Zohar won’t reveal what drugs Follica is using, except to say that they are small molecule drugs normally taken orally for purposes with no relation to hair growth.

Because the components of the system are already approved, the regulatory path is pretty straightforward, and Follica can perform human studies without jumping through a lot of governmental hoops. That’s exactly what the company plans to do with the money it has just raised. A proof of concept study involving 15 to 20 patients (Follica has no shortage of volunteers, as several hundred people sent in e-mails when word of Cotsarelis’s work reached the public) should begin in the next few months. The trial has several phases, however, and Zohar cautions that final data won’t be in for at least a year. So don’t pull your hair out waiting for results.

» » » BENJI …CAL…GOATA007…SPQR… Spanish Dude…WHO SAID THIS?
» SOMEBODY
» » » KNOWS OF THIS INFORMATION?
» »
» » Last I heard they are starting human trials this summer.
»
» I think baldlatino34 may have misunderstood one of Cal’s comments in
» another thread.
»
» Cal said:
»
» » » “If Follica is realistically not gonna do the human trials for another
» » » 8-12 months, then I’m also in the “let’s try something now” camp”
»
» Cal just meant IF they don’t start trials in the next 12 month’s we
» should try it ourselves.
»