Fluridil sebutape result.................after about one week

Its monday, so I decided to put some strips up on my forehead and see if the fluridil-treated area has less sebum secretions.

I “de-fatted” the areas by washing them and applying some alcoholic sanitary cleanser to them, and dried the areas. Then I applied sebutape to both sides.

After 20 minutes I looked in the mirror to inspect the dots. There is a definite difference. The untreated side definitely had more and larger spots on it. After 45 minutes I looked again and pulled them off. I’d grade the treated side roughly a 3.5 and the untreated side a 5 going by the card that came with the sebutape.

Ive decided to keep applying fluridil for another week or so, and to test again and see how much -more- of a reduction there is at that time. Thusfar, this is the best result Ive had. The other things Ive tried have indeed reduced the sebum secretions, but by less than this result. I’ll probably order some spiro and test that at a later date also. I dont know If I could recommend fluridil based on this…but its certainly better than nothing. Im anxious to see if there is an imporvement in another week. If so, I’ll run out and buy a camera and try to take a good outdoor picture of the strips and see if I can put it up here for everyone to look at.

Excellent work!

Have you considered having a control area where you apply the vehicle (isopropanol) only?

» Excellent work!
»
» Have you considered having a control area where you apply the vehicle
» (isopropanol) only?

Its been fluridil on left forehead above the eyebrow vs. nada on the right forehead above the eyebrow (same spot as best I can) for about a week…but I have some “rubbing alcohol”, so I’ll apply it on the “control” forehead during this week.

I’ll probably end up trying spiro in this manner. I guess I should bite the bullet and go ahead and try to buy some RU58841 to be honest. Get it over with. Keto cream would probably be another good thing to test. I’d like to “report” for you guys which one worked the best. I hope Androscience or Cosmo pharmacueticals hit the ball out of the park with the topical anti-androgen creams they are working on. We need a safe, dependable, side-effect free, 3rd party tested, working topical anti-androgen that is as effective as finasteride at least. THEN men will start to be able to hold onto their hair without any apprehension concerning side effects.

» Its been fluridil on left forehead above the eyebrow vs. nada on the right
» forehead above the eyebrow (same spot as best I can) for about a
» week…but I have some “rubbing alcohol”, so I’ll apply it on the
» “control” forehead during this week.
»
»

Looking forward to an update!

» » Its been fluridil on left forehead above the eyebrow vs. nada on the
» right
» » forehead above the eyebrow (same spot as best I can) for about a
» » week…but I have some “rubbing alcohol”, so I’ll apply it on
» the
» » “control” forehead during this week.
» »
» »
»
» Looking forward to an update!

benji, have you thought about trying soy?

n/t

So how did the experiment with the rubbing alcohol control fare? Any updates, Benji? Thanks!

» So how did the experiment with the rubbing alcohol control fare? Any
» updates, Benji? Thanks!

I just did a 30 minute test. The result is dissapointing. I’d done one a couple of days back too, so its not a fluke. There has been no real improvement. The dots are a bit smaller than the alcohol treated side…but not by very much. If anything it seems the results last week were a bit better.

I have to admit that I put the stuff on (fluridil) once a day post-shower when I completely dry off my face, and go about my business for the rest of the day. I sweat in the gym, and have done some yardwork in the last week (and deckwork), and perhaps the perspiration has diluted the stuff…but If I was relying on fluridil as my sole anti-androgen, I wouldn’t be willing to schedule an extra dosage every time I experienced enough physical exertion to make myself sweaty. I do that almost every day!.

Im going to pick up some peppermint oil (I KNOW that stuff is strongly anti-androgenic) and see how much it can reduce sebum over time. Maybe Im getting a good result and small reductions in sebum are what I should expect. I think the essential oils mix done almost as much as fluridil did. It would be interesting to try some ketoconazole cream at some point also and find out just how anti-androgenic that stuff is.

» I just did a 30 minute test. The result is dissapointing. I’d done one a
» couple of days back too, so its not a fluke. There has been no real
» improvement. The dots are a bit smaller than the alcohol treated
» side…but not by very much. If anything it seems the results
» last week were a bit better.
»

Thanks for the update! Only goes to show how important it is to have a control that is as similar as possible to the compound tested!