FIT results on a “see-through” Class 5/Dr. Cole-IHTI

The patient is a forty year old male with a “see-through” Class 5 presentation, although there is existing hair from hairline back to vertex. At the time of presentation, he was using minoxidil and saw palmetto, and his goals were to fill in the thinned areas on top and in front, and to transplant the crown.
The hair characteristics were favorable, being medium coarse and wavy; donor density was average at 70 FU’s per cm2 and 200 hairs per cm2. The pattern of loss was a bit atypical, more diffuse, almost a Ludwig-type of pattern. The fact that grafts would be placed in and amongst existing hair everywhere meant that grafted density could not be too high.
The after shots reveal the product of 2797 grafts.

Ver nice results

and also very helpful pictures. In the past your clinic used pictures that made it difficult to understand the complete outcome. These are great quality and importantly instruct on the true expectations of HT. That Birdseye shot is so helpful.

I think the the characteristics seem a bit more than “medium to coarse” rather, they seem very coarse thick calibre but that is of cause subjective.

how ling after the procedure was this? Did he suffer temporary or permanent shock loss and if not why not?:slight_smile:

how much more donor do you think is available. An answer to this last question would be very helpful.

Dr. Cole did a good job on thickening up the front since it can be difficult to trasnplant in among existing hairs.

» Dr. Cole did a good job on thickening up the front since it can be
» difficult to trasnplant in among existing hairs.

we need to check the time frame from grafting to growth (after shots). sorry, I don’t have this with me. The hair looks of good calibre to me and this really helps a result. We did not get much shock loss. This can be difficult to predict, but it can occur if you use a very high density. when there is existing hair, we must be careful to avoid traumatic loss of hair.

Dr Cole,

i am considering a HT.

if i were to have around 1,000 scalp hair (replaced by BHT to avoid donor depletion) placed among my frontal hair (similar to above)and with my donor hair pinned up, with a small strip shaved, and then the hair dropped down again to cover this…how much would it cost please ?

i am not in a position to shave my hair short due to previous awful scarring in the donor area so can only do it this way i’m afraid.

also, can you carry out a scar revision on one very bad donor scar to improve the scar and get around 1,000 - 2,000 hairs from it for the front ?

thanks, col.

PS Does Dr Mwamba carry out BHT ?

Excellent result Dr Cole - very impressive.

I am considering FUE / FIT but like this patient have exisiting hairs all over the scalp.

Can u tell me the density u can plant at when planting in between existing hairs?

Cheers.

» The patient is a forty year old male with a “see-through” Class 5
» presentation, although there is existing hair from hairline back to
» vertex. At the time of presentation, he was using minoxidil and saw
» palmetto, and his goals were to fill in the thinned areas on top and in
» front, and to transplant the crown.
» The hair characteristics were favorable, being medium coarse and wavy;
» donor density was average at 70 FU’s per cm2 and 200 hairs per cm2. The
» pattern of loss was a bit atypical, more diffuse, almost a Ludwig-type of
» pattern. The fact that grafts would be placed in and amongst existing hair
» everywhere meant that grafted density could not be too high.
» The after shots reveal the product of 2797 grafts.
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»

Very good results indeed !

» Dr Cole,
»
» i am considering a HT.
»
» if i were to have around 1,000 scalp hair (replaced by BHT to avoid donor
» depletion) placed among my frontal hair (similar to above)and with my
» donor hair pinned up, with a small strip shaved, and then the hair dropped
» down again to cover this…how much would it cost please ?
»
» i am not in a position to shave my hair short due to previous awful
» scarring in the donor area so can only do it this way i’m afraid.
»
» also, can you carry out a scar revision on one very bad donor scar to
» improve the scar and get around 1,000 - 2,000 hairs from it for the front
» ?
»
» thanks, col.
»
» PS Does Dr Mwamba carry out BHT ?

Hi col,

The technique of donor harvesting that you are interested in is called shaven patches. Replacing the scalp hairs harvested with BHT is called FIT farming.

FIT farming prices are subject to change, but Dr. Cole typicaly charges $12/graft ($6 for the shaven patches scalp graft + $5 for the bht to replace it). Dr. Mwamba also provides the same services for $12 Euro/graft, but I am not sure if that is a current price.

The scar revision services are offered. A consultation will reveal more about how this will improve your scar and whether or not you can get 1,000-2,000 grafts from the revision.

:slight_smile: Sounds like you have done some research :slight_smile: If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Thanks,
Jessica

» Excellent result Dr Cole - very impressive.
»
» I am considering FUE / FIT but like this patient have exisiting hairs all
» over the scalp.
»
» Can u tell me the density u can plant at when planting in between existing
» hairs?
»
» Cheers.

Hi Diffused,

As you probably know, transplanting into existing hairs carries the risk of shock loss, which means that the existing hairs can experience acceleration of mpb. The risk is decreased when you choose a skillful surgeon and when there are less hairs transplanted. It is also important to minimize trauma to the scalp, exisiting hairs, and grafts. Dr. Cole has a unique method to care for the grafts during transfer.

The density that can be placed is based on how much hair you already have in the area. Doctors can also make predictions on how your hair loss is likely to progress. This can help them to decide how much density is appropriate.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: Good questions!