Dutasteride in blood

Hello my suffering friends,

I am currently thinking about starting dutasteride. However I would also like to participate in a clinical study next year and my major concern is for how long this drug can stay in your blood after you stop taking it and can it be detected by blood test?

Thank you so much for your opinions :slight_smile:

delosanto

If I remember correctly, it may be up to 9months.

Due to the long half-life of dutasteride, serum concentrations remain detectable (greater than 0.1 ng/mL) for up to 4 to 6 months after discontinuation of treatment.

Thank you Hairsite, Thank you guys !

» Due to the long half-life of dutasteride, serum concentrations remain
» detectable (greater than 0.1 ng/mL) for up to 4 to 6 months after
» discontinuation of treatment.

»I have read that dutasteride has a very long half-life as compared to finesteride, which means that technically less has to be taken for it to stay constant in your blood. so the short answer is yes it stays in your system for an extended period of time.

Hello my suffering friends,
»
» I am currently thinking about starting dutasteride. However I would also
» like to participate in a clinical study next year and my major concern is
» for how long this drug can stay in your blood after you stop taking it and
» can it be detected by blood test?
»
» Thank you so much for your opinions :slight_smile:
»
» delosanto

» »I have read that dutasteride has a very long half-life as compared to
» finesteride, which means that technically less has to be taken for it to
» stay constant in your blood. so the short answer is yes it stays in your
» system for an extended period of time.

Keep in mind, though, that dutasteride’s half-life depends to a considerable extent on the actual level in the blood. The half-life drops off quite a bit at low levels.

Alternatively I’ve read the half-life of finasteride is about 4 hours, and that concentration peaks about 1 hour after ingestion (as a result, I’ve often wondered what the best time of day to take it would be given that testosterone levels also fluctuate on a daily basis). I suppose that the persistence of any metabolites (if relevant for either compound) might be different and could possibly be used as another method of detection, but don’t know anything about that.