Dutasteride at 21?

About to turn 21 in a few days, and after taking propecia for over a year considering taking Dutasteride.

My propecia time-line is as follows, all values daily

0.25 mg November --> March

0.5 mg March - August

1.0 mg August - March

I am still shedding quite a lot. I’ve also decided to use Ketoconazole cream. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advise on whether or not i should continue with 1.0 MG/daily propecia while adding Ketoconazole cream for a few more months or consider Dut?

Thanks for reading and responding guys.

» About to turn 21 in a few days, and after taking propecia for over a year
» considering taking Dutasteride.
»
» My propecia time-line is as follows, all values daily
»
» 0.25 mg November --> March
»
» 0.5 mg March - August
»
» 1.0 mg August - March
»
» I am still shedding quite a lot. I’ve also decided to use Ketoconazole
» cream. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advise on whether or not i
» should continue with 1.0 MG/daily propecia while adding Ketoconazole cream
» for a few more months or consider Dut?
»
» Thanks for reading and responding guys.

You weren’t dosing properly. If I were you I’d stick with 1mg finasteride daily and also add ketokonazole 2% shampoo (nizoral 2%) 3 times weekly. You’re young and have a good chance of halting and making decent recovery grounds. I’m certain you’ll see progress.

»
»
»
» 0.5 mg March - August
»
» 1.0 mg August - March
»
»

I would definitely not take Avodart/DUT orally if I was you. If you really want to use it, use it in conjunction with Propecia. Swallow Propecia, but apply Avodart/DUT topically. Avodart can have VERY nasty and permanent side effects if taken orally (i know first hand).

»
»
»
» 0.5 mg March - August
»
» 1.0 mg August - March
»
»

Get started on Avodart now. And there is no generic Avodart. Buy real Avodart from a legitimate source.

When you lose your hair, it is gone. You can forget about getting any of it back. Maybe if you spend a lot of your hard earned cash applying various topicals, you might get lucky and get a tiny little bit of it back for a short time. That is your best case scenario if you decide to lose your hair instead of acting now… Don’t listen to some of the sh*t you hear on here about some guy who put some donkey urine in some minoxidil after rubbing Kaopectate and sand all over his scalp and just swear that he is getting significant regrowth. Guys here get soooooo desperate that they’ll try anything and they’ll see what they want to see…for a while…until the hard cold reality sets in.

And do yourself a huge favor. Ignore anyone who says stuff like…“oh I wouldn’t take finasteride now”…“wait till it gets really bad first and then take it because you can get it back later”… That is absolute lunacy! Block the user, if that is possible, and NEVER listen to another thing that they have to say.

Reality:

It is possible to keep the hair that you have by interfering with the process that causes MPB in the first place. Go straight for the best option. Avodart. Keep what you have. Because once it’s gone, it’s gone. Keep what you have and significantly halt the progression and you may also be able to get a little regrowth with some added regrowth stimulants.

I used Proscar when it first came out on the market. Before that I took spironolactone oral 200 mg for 2 years. I have almost as much hair now as I did then. I now take Avodart and I use Dr. Proctor’s shampoo daily. I use to alternate that with Nizoral but I haven’t done that for a while.

» » About to turn 21 in a few days, and after taking propecia for over a
» year
» » considering taking Dutasteride.
» »
» » My propecia time-line is as follows, all values daily
» »
» » 0.25 mg November --> March
» »
» » 0.5 mg March - August
» »
» » 1.0 mg August - March
» »
» » I am still shedding quite a lot. I’ve also decided to use Ketoconazole
» » cream. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advise on whether or
» not i
» » should continue with 1.0 MG/daily propecia while adding Ketoconazole
» cream
» » for a few more months or consider Dut?
» »
» » Thanks for reading and responding guys.
»
»
» I would definitely not take Avodart/DUT orally if I was you. If you really
» want to use it, use it in conjunction with Propecia. Swallow Propecia, but
» apply Avodart/DUT topically. Avodart can have VERY nasty and permanent side
» effects if taken orally (i know first hand). i agree. i’ve been dealing with skin issues that have ruined my life.

care to explain your side effects?

Avodart (Dutasteride) is prescribed to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate. Avodart (Dutasteride) helps reducing urinary blockage and improves urine flow and may also reduce the need for prostate surgery later on. Avodart (Dutasteride) prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Avodart (Dutasteride) can be used alone or in combination with the alpha blocker. Avodart (Dutasteride) is sometimes given with another combination medication called tamsulosin (Flomax).

http://www.eshoprx.com/drugs-medicine-information/avodart-dutasteride.aspx