Dutas on minox foam?

I’m new to the hair thinning nightmare, but I was wondering if dripping about 1/2 the duta gel tab on minox foam is just plain stupid, or might it be an effective course of action to slow and/or regrow my thinning hair? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone? Anyone at all??

» I’m new to the hair thinning nightmare, but I was wondering if dripping
» about 1/2 the duta gel tab on minox foam is just plain stupid, or might it
» be an effective course of action to slow and/or regrow my thinning hair?
» Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

no, it’s not stupid. I am confident (beyond doubt) that dut works topically. You will probably disperse the foam if you put it on the foam and might want to try standard minox. The bigger question is wether you respond well to dut.

I performed experiments of this sort and also put topical dut on one side of my face which became much dryer (less greasy) just as it did with oral dut.

Can this “drying” be attributed to your vehicle?

» Can this “drying” be attributed to your vehicle?

Thanks Guys,

Yes, when I put the duta gel on the foam, it does “fizzle” a bit. Quickly thereafter, I apply the foam/duta mix. I just figured that chemical reaction was due to the alcohol, which in turn, I thought would be necessary as a vehicle for getting the dutasteride to the source(my scalp…duh):slight_smile: . I hate minox liquid as it just seems to grease up my hair and never seems to really dry in an effective manner.

Ya, the foam has a “scent” to it, but so does most shampoo so I have no hang ups on that criticism or front. The foam also seems to act as a mouse/moose?? of sorts which I also like. Plus, it dries quickly. I just like it better which may mean I use it on a more regular basis. Hell, I dunno. Currently, I use Niz shampoo 2 or 3 times a week and use the foam 2x daily with the added duta mix 2x/week as well.

I don’t seem to have any adverse effects so far (one month in … more or less). There’s a little shedding and by that I mean no more than normal daily hair loss. In fact, it seems to be pretty close to nill. I now am probably paying more attention to each hair more than I have in the past. I just hope this thickens up the crown and top as well as add a little bit more of a stronger hairline. I’ll post pics if anyone is interested.

Again,
thanks for all of your input.
We’re all in this together I suppose
RSA

» I’m new to the hair thinning nightmare, but I was wondering if dripping
» about 1/2 the duta gel tab on minox foam is just plain stupid, or might it
» be an effective course of action to slow and/or regrow my thinning hair?
» Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

My advice would be to use regular minoxidil and not foam and place the dutasteride in the minoxdil. If use it at night and you can use foam during the day if you want to. You wouldn’t want to put topical duta on twice a day, once is plenty.