Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Dut 2.5mg

Has anyone tried or is currently taking 2.5mg of dutasteride daily?

I’m considering getting back on 2.5mg daily after my HT for the first 6-8 months and dropping for 0.5mg daily for maintenance.

Hey mj, I’ve been taking dut1.0 mg each day for the past six months(up from .5mg in the past year) and I wouldn’t advise taking more than that. The side effects are at my limit to which I can take. Your skin becomes more affected, sex drive, mood swings, and ect

» Hey mj, I’ve been taking dut1.0 mg each day for the past six months(up from
» .5mg in the past year) and I wouldn’t advise taking more than that. The
» side effects are at my limit to which I can take. Your skin becomes more
» affected, sex drive, mood swings, and ect

hey dave,
how is the 1mg dut working out for you, have you experienced any noticable differences?

thanks.

It’s been working well so far. It has produced produced a significant difference and thanks to it I can grow my hair out from a number 4 cut to where I would need scissors now. It’s always worth a try.

» It’s been working well so far. It has produced produced a significant
» difference and thanks to it I can grow my hair out from a number 4 cut to
» where I would need scissors now. It’s always worth a try.

ok thanks.
I’ve been on 0.5mg/day dut for about one and a half months now… nothing to write home about just yet. I still lose aproximately the same amount of hairs as i have been losing since the last 5 years… I’m not giving up just yet tho… i want to hit the 1 year time line. But I’m considering going up to 1mg/day.

Hey guys…where do you all get your dut from? I tried drreddys.com, but no where in there I saw where you can place an order…do you have to email somebody to get a prescription first or something? Did you all get a prescription first?

Thank you!!

Glad to hear its worked out well for you Dave. Especially considering that improvements r just going to get better.

The difference of the dose I described (2.5mg for loading for the first 6-8 mnths then dropping to 0.5mg for maintenance) compared to yours may have less side effects compared to your 1mg daily dosage.

Any and all side effects I get form 2.5mg should dissapear within time once I drop to 0.5mg. And the best results and fastest results I believe were with 2.5mg in the clinical trials.

» Has anyone tried or is currently taking 2.5mg of dutasteride daily?
»
» I’m considering getting back on 2.5mg daily after my HT for the first 6-8
» months and dropping for 0.5mg daily for maintenance.