Drugs used by Follica?

Does anyone know if the drugs used by follica (in addition to dermabrasion) are applied to scalp or to take orally?
If it’s applied to the scalp I think they need to go through FDA trials.

Thank you

» Does anyone know if the drugs used by follica (in addition to dermabrasion)
» are applied to scalp or to take orally?
» If it’s applied to the scalp I think they need to go through FDA trials.
»
» Thank you

Welcome to January 2008!

» Does anyone know if the drugs used by follica (in addition to dermabrasion)
» are applied to scalp or to take orally?
» If it’s applied to the scalp I think they need to go through FDA trials.
»
» Thank you

“What’s so beautiful about the approach, [Zohar] says, is that translating it into a treatment for humans involves only devices and drugs that are already on the market.A doctor would first use a microdermabrasion tool,say,or a laser to remove the top layers of the skin—as is already commonly done in a number of dermatologic and cosmetic procedures—knocking some cells back into a primitive state.The doctor can then use this newly created therapeutic window to inject drugs that push the cells to develop along one pathway or another and grow hair or skin.Zohar won’t reveal what drugs Follica is using, except to say that they are small molecule drugs normally taken orally for purposes with no relation to hair growth.”

I still think that they will have to seek approval. The FDA is very funny (not in a comedic way) Their rules are strange. Even though the drugs & abrasion are already approved by them, I suspect that Follica will still have to seek FDA approval to use these particular drugs & abrasion in combination of each other.

Just throw enough money at the FDA and the rules will change.

Either way, what’s the difference? If you’re half as committed as many of us, you’ll be doing the procedure yourself at home whether it’s approved or not.

Just get a derm to do some dermabrasion and then get the pills online. Mix up a topical if need be. You’re done.

And there’s always other countries with less-restrictive rules about drug safety even if the US’s FDA won’t stand for it yet.

» Just throw enough money at the FDA and the rules will change.
»
»
» Either way, what’s the difference? If you’re half as committed as many of
» us, you’ll be doing the procedure yourself at home whether it’s approved or
» not.
»
» Just get a derm to do some dermabrasion and then get the pills online.
» Mix up a topical if need be. You’re done.
»
»
»
» And there’s always other countries with less-restrictive rules about drug
» safety even if the US’s FDA won’t stand for it yet.

i would rather wait and make sure its safe your crazy

Well, that’s your opinion. (But if I do grow a gorgeous mop of new hair, or even if I just drop dead, then either way I’ll bet you won’t mind learning a few things from my actions.)

People have been taking oral EGF-R inhibitors for a decade already. The original research testing was years before that. And these people aren’t being put onto those drugs for 10 or 12 days, they’re being put onto them for years.

If everyone who has ever gotten a skin abrasion/cut during the drug treatment was getting infected & killed or something, I think we’d know about it by now.

» Well, that’s your opinion. (But if I do grow a gorgeous mop of new hair,
» or even if I just drop dead, then either way I’ll bet you won’t mind
» learning a few things from my actions.)
»
»
»
» People have been taking oral EGF-R inhibitors for a decade already. The
» original research testing was years before that. And these people aren’t
» being put onto those drugs for 10 or 12 days, they’re being put onto them
» for years.
»
» If everyone who has ever gotten a skin abrasion/cut during the drug
» treatment was getting infected & killed or something, I think we’d know
» about it by now.

With all due respect,comparing these homemade trials to what Follica is doing is ludicrous.These homemade trials are a genuine spirited attempt to regrow hair but they are not replicating what Follica is doing.Some guys here are applying the compound topically while FOLLICA is injecting it.Big difference.
Who knows what else Follica is doing that the guys here are not doing.This could be the difference between hair regrowing or not.

I wish all the guys here the best of luck but I do not believe that they have enough information to replicate Follica’s work.

Also,there are professionals out there with far more experience & expertise than the guys here.If regrowing hair was so easy it would have been done already.Again,I wish everyone here the best of luck with their trials but remind others not to be deterred by any negative talk that may arise from these experiments.

.Again,I wish everyone here the best of luck with their
» trials but remind others not to be deterred by any negative talk that may
» arise from these experiments.

There are no negatives. Only varying degrees of positive.

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . .

I’ve heard it. Us experimenters are just taking stupid risks.

Since we’re trying to copy the basics of their simplest patents, we must also think we can replicate all their work just as well. We actually think there’s really no need for Folica at all anymore. If we’re trying anything at all, then we think we’re just as good. (We wouldn’t be doing anything just to find out whether the concept is valid a year or two before Folica publicly announces their results. Never that.)

But of course, the problem is that since we don’t work for Folica, the same drugs and the same wounding procedures won’t work the same way on us. How stupid of us.