Drug and device from Follica,,,WOW!

as I said just the filing of the patent application, with the supporting documents and photos diagrams, that act by itself, is a positive thing for the company

That filing of the patent, creates a lot of buzz for the company, and speculation that HEY THESE GUYS ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK JUST LOOK AT THIS PATENT APPLICATION
http://www.manifest-passive-income.com/definitionofviralmarketing.html
look at the title of the post in the thread we are responding to

The patent application inspired the original poster to note the patent and say WOW

Drug and device from Follica,WOW!!!

Yes, it is some sort of “cheap advertisement”.
You don’t have to pay for actors, cameras, and advertising space on TV or mags.
Just pay the fees and its ok.

I have learned my lesson. I once was enthusiastic about ICX’ patents. But after watching the whole “trc drama”, now I understand that patents are just PAPERWARE.

Clinical trials with a lot of trialists. That costs real money, and that indicates something. That is why, right now, ARI is a solid contestant.

Or good photos. That is also a positive indicator. Like the photos published by Histogen. Geez, ICX has not yet published a single photo. They are just a bunch of XXXXXXXX.

» as I said just the filing of the patent application, with the supporting
» documents and photos diagrams, that act by itself, is a positive thing for
» the company
»
» look at the title of the post in the thread we are responding to
»
» The patent application inspired the original poster to note the patent and
» say WOW
»
» Drug and device from Follica,WOW!!!

I would love for HM to be here someday, but I view any product online, well this HM is not exactly in the category of a product yet, its a concept for a procedure that many companies are chasing

I view this through a business eye. as if I were a potential investor in the company, instead of through a consumers eye where I want the product or procedure to succeed, since I need it for my own use.

I think that is the difference between the way I look at things and most posters on the HM board. I am more than willing to be happy and place my stamp of approval on a company ONCE THEY PROVE TO ME that they are actually onto something.

Its like going to a bank and asking for a loan. The loan officer lets say you have a business proposal, is not an easy sell. They want a solid history of success , business plans, they might even want sales data to prove you are actually successfully selling the product or service. Telling them that you think this product really has a great chance of succeeding , does not impress them much.

I think this is why I butt heads so often on the HM board. I play the devils advocate, while most guys are content to give the companies a free pass.

In business , you have to be that way. I have started several businesses in the last 20 yrs and if you do not look at each business with a critical eye, you will lose your shirt. Look at the guys who got conned by Bernie Madoff. To me most of them were more at fault than he was. Now most people would be shocked by that statement, they want to call these people the victims. But they were getting returns on their money WAY OUT OF NORMAL, even when the market was all losing money, they not only were supposedly making money, they were making FAR HIGHER than normal wall street returns. Did they question, how is this possible? nope, they just covered their eyes and said HEY THIS IS GREAT WHY ASK QUESTIONS.

This is why I am more skeptical than most people of HM in general

Just my opinion

over 95% of the patents do not make economically viable commercialized solutions…so what?

HM research is moving forward with big budgets… it’s only a matter of time…

I do kinda agree with Hangin here. The problem whenever something like this comes up is that we won’t hear anything now for maybe another 6 months and in that time all the hype will go away and we will be left with doubt again. People will be saying ‘Follica is dying’ or something like that.

Yes it is great to see something like this and it does show they are working towards something. Not only an actual chemical but the full delivery system as well.

Have read about 3/4 of the document that goes with the above and it is very interesting and worth a read.

Personally i only read into press releases from the actual company and even those you sometimes have to take with a pinch of salt.

Last year Zohar said that they were hoping to have trials completed in the area of wounding by some point this year. Now this is only wounding, not the compound to go with it. Who knows when those trials are.

Reading the latest document posted it is very interesting that they fully understand the delivery system required and that by simply rubbing stuff on your head will not penetrate deep enough.

Overall i do have hope for Follica but it is not built up to any great level. As always it is just wait and see. They will release info only when they want to and when they are ready to.

and starting threads on timelines is just pointless. None of us know unless we happened to be in a follica board meeting or sleeping with Zohar!

Wait and see guys, wait and see.:slight_smile:

» I do kinda agree with Hangin here. The problem whenever something like this
» comes up is that we won’t hear anything now for maybe another 6 months and
» in that time all the hype will go away and we will be left with doubt
» again. People will be saying ‘Follica is dying’ or something like that.
»
» Yes it is great to see something like this and it does show they are
» working towards something. Not only an actual chemical but the full
» delivery system as well.
»
» Have read about 3/4 of the document that goes with the above and it is
» very interesting and worth a read.
»
» Personally i only read into press releases from the actual company and
» even those you sometimes have to take with a pinch of salt.
»
» Last year Zohar said that they were hoping to have trials completed in the
» area of wounding by some point this year. Now this is only wounding, not
» the compound to go with it. Who knows when those trials are.
»
» Reading the latest document posted it is very interesting that they fully
» understand the delivery system required and that by simply rubbing stuff on
» your head will not penetrate deep enough.
»
» Overall i do have hope for Follica but it is not built up to any great
» level. As always it is just wait and see. They will release info only when
» they want to and when they are ready to.
»
» and starting threads on timelines is just pointless. None of us know
» unless we happened to be in a follica board meeting or sleeping with Zohar!
»
»
» Wait and see guys, wait and see.:slight_smile:

This is a forum and this is the HM board of the forum. We discuss things here believe it or not, that’s what we do. And if somoene wants to discuss time tables fo arguments sake, then let them discuss time tables. Nobody is saying “i’m starting to save up money now for that tomorrow”. If we were to do as you thought or as “hanging” wished then this board would be DEAD.

Nobody has any right to tell anyone “stop hoping or waiting or discussing things with no proof”. If anyone takes issue with things being hoped for or discussed then they may easily not come to this board anymore. Again, what’s hangin’s motive for coming to HM board? I’m quoting him form what he said on the natural’s section “I just go to the HM board to harrass them”. I don’t see any significance.

If you agree with hanging then all props to you, but just don’t tell people to “wait and be patient” because that’s all everyone’s been doing. Noone has jumped out the window yet.

Does this new posting on Follica look promising? Actually yes it does and its being spoken about all of forums. It warrants a discussion.

Welcome to the forums…where we discuss things.

On a side note: Hairsite…would you kindly stop deleting my postings pls. I understand the irrelivent posting you delete and I never debated those. But you delete perfectly logical postings for no reason. If you want to ban me then go ahead, and if you want me to ban myself just keep doing what you’re doing.

» » I do kinda agree with Hangin here. The problem whenever something like
» this
» » comes up is that we won’t hear anything now for maybe another 6 months
» and
» » in that time all the hype will go away and we will be left with doubt
» » again. People will be saying ‘Follica is dying’ or something like that.
» »
» » Yes it is great to see something like this and it does show they are
» » working towards something. Not only an actual chemical but the full
» » delivery system as well.
» »
» » Have read about 3/4 of the document that goes with the above and it is
» » very interesting and worth a read.
» »
» » Personally i only read into press releases from the actual company and
» » even those you sometimes have to take with a pinch of salt.
» »
» » Last year Zohar said that they were hoping to have trials completed in
» the
» » area of wounding by some point this year. Now this is only wounding,
» not
» » the compound to go with it. Who knows when those trials are.
» »
» » Reading the latest document posted it is very interesting that they
» fully
» » understand the delivery system required and that by simply rubbing stuff
» on
» » your head will not penetrate deep enough.
» »
» » Overall i do have hope for Follica but it is not built up to any great
» » level. As always it is just wait and see. They will release info only
» when
» » they want to and when they are ready to.
» »
» » and starting threads on timelines is just pointless. None of us know
» » unless we happened to be in a follica board meeting or sleeping with
» Zohar!
» »
» »
» » Wait and see guys, wait and see.:slight_smile:
»
» This is a forum and this is the HM board of the forum. We discuss things
» here believe it or not, that’s what we do. And if somoene wants to discuss
» time tables fo arguments sake, then let them discuss time tables. Nobody is
» saying “i’m starting to save up money now for that tomorrow”. If we were to
» do as you thought or as “hanging” wished then this board would be DEAD.
»
» Nobody has any right to tell anyone “stop hoping or waiting or discussing
» things with no proof”. If anyone takes issue with things being hoped for or
» discussed then they may easily not come to this board anymore. Again,
» what’s hangin’s motive for coming to HM board? I’m quoting him form what he
» said on the natural’s section “I just go to the HM board to harrass them”.
» I don’t see any significance.
»
» If you agree with hanging then all props to you, but just don’t tell
» people to “wait and be patient” because that’s all everyone’s been doing.
» Noone has jumped out the window yet.
»
» Does this new posting on Follica look promising? Actually yes it does and
» its being spoken about all of forums. It warrants a discussion.
»
» Welcome to the forums…where we discuss things.

Where in my post did i say people shouldn’t hope, wait or discuss? Hope is fine, i think it is a good thing. But in any situation it is not good to build them up everytime you hear any piece of information.

Waiting is fine, thats all we can do. Unless you have developed a something yourself or work for one of these companies then you have absolutely no direct effect on how quickly a solution will come.

Discussion is great too. There have been a couple of threads started on here by Max, for example, that have started with the line… ‘Where is my cure???’. No information in that is there?

I am NOT alligning myself with Hangin by the way. I knew as soon as i saw this post that he would be shooting it down.

“Does this new posting on Follica look promising? Actually yes it does and
its being spoken about all of forums. It warrants a discussion.”

Not sure what this was about? I have read the whole document now and never said it shouldnt be up for discussion. That’s why i mentioned delivery systems.

Have been on here almost 2 years now.

lol

aligning myself with hangin :lol2:

People seem to think I would be happy if HM never arrives, mj2003 quotes when i said i come here to harrass people, that was a joke, although it sometimes might appear true

I come here because the board exists, and I am a member of hairsite and am entitled to my opinion

people on this board seem to want only back slappers, people who think that HM will be here soon, and want to update with all the latest gossip and news and treatments,

fine to discuss these, its a free world
but I am also entitled to express my opinion. When hairsite feels the posts are
antagonistic or out of line, he deletes them

he has a right to do that also, he is the moddy of the board

but to say as Mj2003 just did, that we dont have a right to come here and disagree with the board on issues, whatever issues those may be , is nonsense

You’re such a hypocrite. You have every right to express your opinion and to play devils advocate is absolutely needed in the sort of topics discussed here. So when someone reads the latest on Follica and says “WOW LOOK AT THIS”, a perfectly reasonable reaction, you have no right to criticize that response. Do you see the hypocrisy in that? People have a right to be excited. This is exciting. Is their anything else going on regarding possible treatments to MPB that might pique our interests. Any double-blind studies of Nettles in the wings?

Yes, patents mean little in the grand scheme of things. I can patent a perpetual motion machine for christs sake. But we begin to see more details in Follica’s concept. A concept I think was proven when I saw that picture of someone on Gefitnib whose nose was covered in hair. Obviously they know why that nose was covered in hair and they’re looking to apply it.

…But to propose a techinique/machine of microdermabrasion that propels the microdermabrasion particles to a specific depth in the skin, and to encompass the therapeutic time-release drug in those particles, at which point the micorodermabrasion particles melt at body temperature…or using different sized particles to put different drugs at vary depths…WOW this is pretty amazing!

And this is not Ken Lay of Enron. This is George Cotsarelis. Look him up.

the reason i criticize the WOW look at this is
because

other than me, for example in this thread, I was the FIRST to not gush and ooh and aahh at merely applying for a patent of this nature, everyone else was just jumping on the normal OOH WOW bandwagon, nobody was saying, um hey wait a minute what about XYZ

also you are acting as if this company has already performed this feat, they have not
they are proposing that this MIGHT work

do they have proof that it works? even in a laboratory setting with animals? no they dont

Hey anyone can propose any outlandish theory of what MIGHT work to regrow hair or produce cloned hair or manufactured hair. I could get a group of scientists together and have them write papers all day long of things that sound fantastic, but they might never have a snowballs chance in hell of ever working.

Until they have proved it works in a laboratory double blind study IN HUMANS
that is what I am saying, why get excited about it, as if it was already proven.

I bet the failure rate in this HM is about 99 percent or higher.

I tell you what , go call a reporter for any of the big three broadcast networks. Tell them you have a group of scientists who have applied for a patent for a promising new hair loss cloning or HM technique, etc etc, to regrow hair.

the first question you will get is, is this proven? what study are we talking about here that shows this works? Well ummmmm there is no study yet, and it is just a theoretical concept , you say

Hello Hello? Click…Dial tone…:lol2:

» over 95% of the patents do not make economically viable commercialized
» solutions…so what?
»
» HM research is moving forward with big budgets… it’s only a matter of
» time…

So what? That was the point of the thread. Wow! Look! A patent! I agree with you. So what? Doesn’t mean anything.

Yes, of course it’s only a matter of time. Could be 20 years or more. But it is a matter of time. Once again, I agree with you.

What? Huh? I really don’t know what you’re arguing. You go off on these tangents and I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Do you even read the responses to your posts? Do you know anything about Follica? Did you bother to look up George Cotsarelis? Again, this is not some entrepreneur building some pump-n-dump scam. What is so frustrating is that you don’t give these people any credit. Do you work in professional field? These are intelligent people who’ve studied the biology of hair for a living…on top of Medical School. 40+ hours a week, for who knows how many years, researching, experimenting, dissecting the biology of the hair.

Defining hair follicles in the age of stem cell bioengineering.
Chuong CM, Cotsarelis G, Stenn K.

Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA.

Xu, X. Lyle, S. Liu, Y. Solky, B. Cotsarelis G. Differential expression of cyclin D1 in the human hair follicle.

Cotsarelis, G., and Millar, S. Towards a molecular understanding of hair loss and its treatment. Trends in Molecular Medicine. 7: 293-301 (2001)

Liu, Y., Lyle, S. Solky, B, Cotsarelis, G. Keratin 15 promoter targets putative epithelial stem cells in the hair follicle bulge. J Invest Dermatol 121:985-988, 2003.

Turning skin into embryonic stem cells. Chang HY, Cotsarelis G.

Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after wounding.
Ito M, Yang Z, Andl T, Cui C, Kim N, Millar SE, Cotsarelis G.

Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA.

Stem cells in the hair follicle bulge contribute to wound repair but not to homeostasis of the epidermis.
Ito M, Liu Y, Yang Z, Nguyen J, Liang F, Morris RJ, Cotsarelis G.

Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, M8 Stellar-Chance Building, 422 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA.

Bioengineering the hair follicle: fringe benefits of stem cell technology.
Stenn KS, Cotsarelis G.

Aderans Research Institute, 3401 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA.

Epithelial stem cells: a folliculocentric view.

Cotsarelis G.

J Invest Dermatol. 2006 Jul;126(7):1459-68. Review.

Is the hair follicle necessary for normal wound healing?

Ito M, Cotsarelis G.

J Invest Dermatol. 2008 May;128(5):1059-61. Review.

…and he’s contributed plenty more

» If you want
» to ban me then go ahead, and if you want me to ban myself just keep doing
» what you’re doing.

You can’t ban yourself (delete your account) - I’ve tried. Hairsite’s membership is so small, he doesn’t want anyone leaving.

We need to create another separate forum on this website.

One that is strictly devoted to speculating about cutting edge stuff, so people could discuss things without a constant background noise of voices yelling at them to stop believing in fairy tales.

Oh, wait. Cancel that.

I forgot . . .

THAT’S ALREADY WHAT THIS GODDAMN FORUM IS FOR!

» as I said just the filing of the patent application, with the supporting
» documents and photos diagrams, that act by itself, is a positive thing for
» the company
»
» That filing of the patent, creates a lot of buzz for the company, and
» speculation that HEY THESE GUYS ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK JUST LOOK AT THIS
» PATENT APPLICATION
» http://www.manifest-passive-income.com/definitionofviralmarketing.html
» look at the title of the post in the thread we are responding to
»
» The patent application inspired the original poster to note the patent and
» say WOW
»
» Drug and device from Follica,WOW!!!

You made a valid (initial) point, we read and acknowledged its value. We understand the value of proof, the deceitfulness in this industry, and the purpose of patents in such deceitful hands.

I don’t have a problem with your point. Contrary to popular belief, I welcome an open discussion. I do, however, have a problem how you keep repeating yourself over and over and over again, until everything else drowns in your point. You need to understand that you don’t have all the answers, and that this isn’t your forum. You need to learn how to SHARE your thoughts instead of using them to bludgeon others.

You know, I was excited about this patent, and I had some interesting thoughts I wanted to share; now I can’t remember them. You trampled my thought process, and I suspect I’m not alone.

» http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/fetch.jsp?SEARCH_IA=US2008011979&DBSELECT=PCT&C=10&TOTAL=9&IDB=0&TYPE_FIELD=256&SERVER_TYPE=19-10&SORT=41269027-KEY&QUERY=(FP%2Fpuretech)+&START=1&ELEMENT_SET=B&RESULT=1&DISP=25&FORM=SEP-0%2FHITNUM%2CB-ENG%2CDP%2CMC%2CAN%2CPA%2CABSUM-ENG&IDOC=1563771&IA=US2008011979&LANG=ENG&DISPLAY=STATUS

Nobody else has anything to add to this post? In my eyes…I’m loving it. On any normal giving day this thread would be twice as long!

Their protocol is far more complicated than simple abrasion and rubbing stuff on your head. The idea that some home-brewer is going to beat them to the punch and eat their lunch is out the window. There’s a whole lot of precision in that patent.

» Their protocol is far more complicated than simple abrasion and rubbing
» stuff on your head. The idea that some home-brewer is going to beat them
» to the punch and eat their lunch is out the window.
There’s a whole lot of
» precision in that patent.

I see that as a positive thing for the treatment they’re developing. We know that people at home have had various degrees of success using the theory behind what Follica are doing. So to see what that patent has is a very positive step IMO.

“… I can patent a perpetual motion machine for christs sake…”

Not in the U.S. you can’t. The U.S. will not allow you to patent anything that clearly violates the laws of physics.

Their protocol is far more complicated than simple abrasion and rubbing stuff on your head. The idea that some home-brewer is going to beat them to the punch and eat their lunch is out the window. There’s a whole lot of precision in that patent.

They seem to think it also works with the drug taken internally. If this is true then successful amateur efforts aren’t outside the realm of possibility.