Dr Umar VIDEO: Hair transplant by SFET - FUE using beard, nape & head hair

This patient whose result was previously posted also had a comprehensive video documentation of his procedure and f/up.

To watch the VIDEO click the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkLkPNP_JVU&feature=channel

For previous discussion of this patient click:

Previous discussion thread

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

Super hairline shots. Looks as natural as I’ve seen from a transplant. Patient should be very happy.

Dr. Umar you give hope to those who lack the donor availability for future or current hair transplants. I don’t think anybody can match your body fue transplants.

When you extract the hair follicles from the body, is there any body part that will show less scars from the exraction? Or any body parts that will be prone to more scars or more visible scars than other body parts?

The gentleman here seems like he has a lot of chest hair as well, and I’m sure chest hair is less coarse than beard hair. Why was’t his chest hair (or other areas) used rather than his beard hair? Not only is the hair less coarse, but lesser chest hair is better than sparsely beard hair with gaps and if there was any scars (one can never be too sure) after the extraction, it would be better to have them in a more concealed area like the chest as oposed to open and visible areas as the face/neck.

Please reply. Thanks.

» Super hairline shots. Looks as natural as I’ve seen from a transplant.
» Patient should be very happy.

impressive outcome for only 2800 grafts, my beard donor healed incredibly well. grateful for this available resource

Hi Dr. Umar,

Could you explain the rationalle for using the laser after the extraction?

Thanks,
Marco

» impressive outcome for only 2800 grafts, my beard donor healed incredibly
» well. grateful for this available resource

Actually only 2600 grafts were used in the result depicted in the video. 200 grafts were applied as a test to his strip scar.

For more SFET videos, click: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrSUmar

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

Thanks for your input.

Generally, SFET extrction sites have shown very good healing as numerous pictures and videos from over the past years should confirm. However, there exist innate difference in healing rate and quality between individuals and in one individual there are definite differences between the healing quality and timeline of the different body areas. Perhaps because of the tight opposing vectors in the legs, this area tends to lag behind most other body parts in healing.

As to the choice of hair used, that is something that is customized on individual basis. I base my decisions on the patients’ goal, donor supply and quality of the hair as well as my experience from working on other patients and understanding of skin and hair medicine. As you can see a combination of nape, head and beard hair (the choice of donor for this particular surgery) has served the patient very well. The previous surgery from another clinic in which only head hair was used did not give him the natural look he desired…this was achieved in this instance.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body

» Hi Dr. Umar,
»
» Could you explain the rationalle for using the laser after the
» extraction?
»
» Thanks,
» Marco

As indicated in the video, it is for enhanced healing/cosmetic outcome.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body

These results are incredible. What impresses me the most is the genuine, ear to ear smile the patient is showing at the end of the video. You can really tell he is estatic with his results, and he should be. Truly life changing.

Atticus

» These results are incredible. What impresses me the most is the genuine,
» ear to ear smile the patient is showing at the end of the video. You can
» really tell he is estatic with his results, and he should be. Truly life
» changing.
»
» Atticus

Part of the reason you find this more impressive is simply because he is showing his results without blocking out his face. Thats always nice to see as well. Most videos you cannot see that. And I agree, these are exactly the kind of results that would make you smile

Atticus, I’m curious to know if you work for Dr. Umar in some capacity. You mentioned you were in Dr. Umar’s office one day when another patient sofarsogood came in with his mom. Were you in there for a check-up, and it was all coincidence, or for some other reason. It’s no big deal if you have an association with him, I just think it’s fair the board members know if it is the case.

Thanks

» Atticus, I’m curious to know if you work for Dr. Umar in some capacity.
» You mentioned you were in Dr. Umar’s office one day when another patient
» sofarsogood came in with his mom. Were you in there for a check-up, and
» it was all coincidence, or for some other reason. It’s no big deal if you
» have an association with him, I just think it’s fair the board members know
» if it is the case.
»
» Thanks

Not at all. I do not work for Dr. Umar, nor does he employ any paid consultants. He does not need them. 90% of his business is word of mouth.The word of excellent work spreads quickly. I met sofarsogood because he took one of his family members in for some kind of derm procedure. Coincidently, I was in the office with my wife, who was scheduled for a derm procedure as well.

Speaking for myself, I feel like people should hear first hand, real people accounts of their experiences with Doctors. If I can help someone to avoid going to a hack, I feel like I am contributing to the betterment of someones life. So to get to the crux of your question. Why do I do it? Merely to help others in a small way.

Being that you asked the question in a civilized manner, I feel I should answer with the same respect. I hope I have answered your question in a manner that leaves ABSOLUTELY no room for speculation.

Have a good one!

Sensei Atticus

Thank you sir.