Dr. Umar Two Procedures; Updated photos

I have added 5 month pictures since the second procedure with Dr. Umar:

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html

Donor area after procedure February 2007. The other scalp donor areas consisted of the other side and back of the head. I didn’t take photos of those areas, but they looked the same as this side of the head. You can see the scars from the old style punch grafts, but they are not visible when the hair is grown out.

Receipient area after first surgery in February of 2007.

Very nice, do you have any pictures showing the frontal hairline? Just curious what that looks like.

» Very nice, do you have any pictures showing the frontal hairline? Just
» curious what that looks like.

I will add some to the blog soon, but there is not near as much to show because I had the female pattern baldness, Ludwig, in which I did not lose my hairline. I started thinning and balding in the crown area and it spread through the top center through the middle up to the frontal center area.

Thank you for your comments.

Wow, I saw the old punch grafts looking like bullet holes in the donor, how many grafts did that butcher take out? Where did he put the punch grafts?

» I have added 5 month pictures since the second procedure with Dr. Umar:
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html

I guess it’s more practical getting something done rather than waiting for intercytex. At least you have your hair back already while we are still discussing what the annoucement really means :frowning:

» » I have added 5 month pictures since the second procedure with Dr. Umar:
» »
» » http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html
»
» I guess it’s more practical getting something done rather than waiting for
» intercytex. At least you have your hair back already while we are still
» discussing what the annoucement really means :frowning:

I have done better for myself, and even though some may think I’m lucky and I am in the respect that I had Ludwig I guess, you have to also understand that I have been though a lot since the age of 23.

Remember I have had two scalp reductions early on and had about 800 of the old punch style that left me scarred when my hair is short, and still didn’t completely fill me in.

Luckily, I found Dr. Umar and he has made my situation better along with many others.

I’ve spent a lot of money over the years and agonized just like all the rest. I don’t keep up too much with the hair multiplication progress, but hopefully one day it will be a reality.

» Wow, I saw the old punch grafts looking like bullet holes in the donor, how
» many grafts did that butcher take out? Where did he put the punch grafts?

Over a period of several years, and after having two scalp reductions, I had around 800 mini punch grafts. I started in the early 90s so I guess FUE was not available or widely used/known about.

He put the grafts mainly in the crown area, but some were also placed on the top of my head and the front center.

My pattern was definately a horseshoe pattern without losing the temples or hairline (Ludwig).

Had it not been for the scalp reductions and the initial grafts I would have been very bald in the horseshoe area.

I will post some pics of my head when shaved and you will see the scars I have from the old style grafts. Luckily when my hair is grown out they cannot be seen.

» » Very nice, do you have any pictures showing the frontal hairline? Just
» » curious what that looks like.
»
» I will add some to the blog soon, but there is not near as much to show
» because I had the female pattern baldness, Ludwig, in which I did not lose
» my hairline. I started thinning and balding in the crown area and it
» spread through the top center through the middle up to the frontal center
» area.
»
» Thank you for your comments.

Your body hair blends in very well with your own head hair. As your name suggests, KEEP IT SHORT! That’s the way to go. It may not work as well if you grew your hair long IMO. Less is more.

So are you done or do you need to go back for more ?

How much do dr.Umar charges per graft ?It is true that now he actualy charges 7$ per graft?just curious.

I’m going in June and I’m paying $4.50 per graft.

» How much do dr.Umar charges per graft ?It is true that now he actualy
» charges 7$ per graft?just curious.

There are a lot of red dots in the post surgery pictures. How did you hide that? Did you tell anyone at work? how many days did you take off before you returned to work?

» There are a lot of red dots in the post surgery pictures. How did you hide
» that? Did you tell anyone at work? how many days did you take off before
» you returned to work?

There are some red dots several days after the surgery. With FUE and my experience with Dr. Umar within 5 days after surgery I had very very good healing and most all redness gone. I think that is evident in the pictures.

I do have a job that I can wear a hat, but even if I couldn’t with the exception of my head being shaved within 2 weeks after the surgery I don’t think anything was noticeable.

I stayed off work about 2 weeks after the surgery but could have gone back within a week if absolutely necessary.

» So are you done or do you need to go back for more ?

I have a lot more donor hair avaialable per Dr. Umar, and I will give it about 4 more months before I decide if I need more. Of course if I got more it would fill in more, but that doesn’t mean if I didn’t get more grafts I would not be content as is.

» » So are you done or do you need to go back for more ?
»
» I have a lot more donor hair avaialable per Dr. Umar, and I will give it
» about 4 more months before I decide if I need more. Of course if I got
» more it would fill in more, but that doesn’t mean if I didn’t get more
» grafts I would not be content as is.

you continue to improve, repair is such a painstakingly slow process, patience is key and focusing on a goal and pursuing it, like you i am confident my goal can be reached with dr umar, i am 3 weeks out from 200 beard hairs and donor is still slightly pinkish but has been unnoticeable throughout, it seems the scabs have shed but the majority of hairs havent yet? i continue to use the minox as instructed, and i am confident and grateful that his skill is available to me, as i plan to take advantage of it in the future, more good luck to you

» I’m going in June and I’m paying $4.50 per graft.
»
»
» » How much do dr.Umar charges per graft ?It is true that now he actualy
» » charges 7$ per graft?just curious.

how come dr.Umar is charging you 4.50 $ per graft ???I was about to have a procedure done with him but i had renounced when i heard the price…7$ per graft.I just don’t understand!!!

I consented to photos, which lowers the price significantly.

» » I’m going in June and I’m paying $4.50 per graft.
» »
» »
» » » How much do dr.Umar charges per graft ?It is true that now he actualy
» » » charges 7$ per graft?just curious.
»
»
»
»
» how come dr.Umar is charging you 4.50 $ per graft ???I was about to have
» a procedure done with him but i had renounced when i heard the price…7$
» per graft.I just don’t understand!!!
»
»
»
»
»